Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals Board: 3 Years and Still Going Strong!
I love the board!! Thank to everyone.
Reply/Quote
It seems like just yesterday the motherboard abandoned us. Crazy it’s been 3 years but it worked out. WHO DEY!!!
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thanks to Bengalaholic and all other the admins for giving us a place to ***** about Mike Brown, share out love for the team, and just talk about anything!

I LOVE THIS BOARD!
Reply/Quote
I appreciate this board, and would like to thank the people who worked so hard to get it going. Those same folks keep working right now to keep it going.

It lets us vent, exchange opinions and sometimes even pick up a little news. Long may it wave.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 05:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Great news. Thanks for stepping up for the board.

Appreciate you and the mods work to keep this a great place to spend time.

3 O’clock High.

Excellent movie from my childhood!
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Thanks for getting the ball rolling Holic and starting the new site.

More importantly, thank you to the posters for loving having a Bengals message board as much as I do. I was devastated when it was first announced that the old boards were closing, and I'm so happy that we all stayed together for the most part and found something worth building and contributing to together.

Here is to many more years.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 03:27 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: I appreciate this board, and would like to thank the people who worked so hard to get it going. Those same folks keep working right now to keep it going.

It lets us vent, exchange opinions and sometimes even pick up a little news. Long may it wave.

Without this board, I might actually have to WORK while I'm at my job. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It is honestly super impressive this is still big 3 years after everythin, and the way message boards are dying in lieu of reddit and twitter. Fantastic job y'all. I know I'm never active anymore but i check in and it's good to see
Reply/Quote
You must be doing something wrong . Most of us haven't even been banned yet.. On the  "good old"  old board most of us didn't make it through the first half of games before getting banned . I guess we should look back fondly on the old board ,but I have a sneaky feeling most do not. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 10:06 AM)eoxyod Wrote: It is honestly super impressive this is still big 3 years after everythin, and the way message boards are dying in lieu of reddit and twitter. Fantastic job y'all. I know I'm never active anymore but i check in and it's good to see

Nah..a lot of boards for various purposes are thriving and a lot of us have zero interest in the global social media sites..  I post on a few different boards that are doing just fine. I am a bit surprised that the team and league didn't sick their lawyers on all the various boards, but I guess someone at the top realized that they could get the same free advertising without having to pay for the hosting fees. You would think they would offer to chip in for that at least, but who wants to be micro managed by some corporate twat?

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Well done Bengals Board, well done!
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 09:59 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Without this board, I might actually have to WORK while I'm at my job. ThumbsUp

Am I the only one here that posts more at home? Seems everyone here has a desk job.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Thanks to Holic and the entire staff for the great work they do for us all and the vision they had to keep the community together.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 07:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Am I the only one here that posts more at home? Seems everyone here has a desk job.

No desk job here and do my Bengals research from home as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 07:13 PM)McC Wrote: I am always on the side of ribbing Fred.  I knew it was friendly.

You've been trying to " Mc rib" Fred for years, you saucy minx!  LMAOIn all seriousness, Freddie does bring some good stuff to the table.....on occasion. Wink
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 06:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Are we done with the circle jerk, yet? Can we get back to discussing the reason we're all here; BENGALS MOTHER EFFING FOOTBALL!!

Mellow

Obviously not your first circle jerk, aye Phil. You scrappy vet you!  Ninja Hilarious
Reply/Quote
The Bengals Board isn’t just the best site in football, but the best site online period. I’ve “met” people here I truly admire and we’ve been through so much together.

We’ve had that amazing 2015 season, two really bad ones, marriages, breakups, graduations, new jobs, and children born. I want to personally thank all of you for being there during my mitral valve repair in the summer of 2015 and my hip replacement in the summer of 2017.

This season is going to be special. Cincinnati has two outstanding coordinators, a pile driver at center, and a new playbook. I predict a season far beyond our wildest dreams.
Reply/Quote
Good lord, it's been 3 years? I guess time flies when you're having fun, and this board is fun. It's my home away from home. Thanks to 'Holic and staff for creating, maintaining, and even updating this place. 10X better than the old board! And I feel like I have some real friends, (in an internet friend way) here.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
My very first thought when I clicked on this thread was 3 years ??? no way, but I guess it has been huh ?

Many thanks to Holic this is more appreciated then you know ! And thanks to all the mods and staff for all you do - bravo zulu.

It's a hundred X better now than on the mother ship. I wonder how many times said mod from old board has lurked around ?
Reply/Quote
I've never meet anyone face to face from this or the old board ,but I do feel like I've gotten to know many in different ways .
Just think ,someday we'll all be old geezers, some won't be alive anymore and there will be some who haven't even been born yet posting here as long as the board survives. You'll know you're getting really old when new posters have never heard of players like Geno, WJ3, VB, etc..  Some of you youngins will someday be sitting at home telling your grandkids about the teams of the teen years ... I can recall listening to my own grandfather talking about playing baseball back in the 19(teens).. lol

Reply/Quote