Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals Board: 3 Years and Still Going Strong!
Many thanks to the admins and people who make this site happen! I don't post often, but I'm constantly on here reading people's opinions and various news the fans pick up from various sources. Heck, I hardly even go to the Bengals site anymore! This site is much more entertaining and the topics are fun or informative! Many thanks to the fans for making this site so worthwhile, you guys rock!

Here's to another year of Bengals football, interesting topics to discuss, and hopefully come February...a parade in downtown Cincinnati! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 07:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Am I the only one here that posts more at home? Seems everyone here has a desk job.

I'm about 50/50, though I post from my phone in both places too... And outside of work/home, I'm Always scouring! Lol

(05-12-2018, 10:42 PM)grampahol Wrote: I've never meet anyone face to face from this or the old board ,but I do feel like I've gotten to know many in different ways .
Just think ,someday we'll all be old geezers, some won't be alive anymore and there will be some who haven't even been born yet posting here as long as the board survives. You'll know you're getting really old when new posters have never heard of players like Geno, WJ3, VB, etc..  Some of you youngins will someday be sitting at home telling your grandkids about the teams of the teen years ... I can recall listening to my own grandfather talking about playing baseball back in the 19(teens).. lol

There are 3 people that I've thought about maybe meeting up with:

- Fred, but only because he confirmed he was going to be at the Jax game in '14 and I was going too. But I never went through with contacting him.

-Faulk, because he's in Covington and he's always left an open invitation, but I always get into Covington much later than I expect, thus I never have the time to take him up on it Sad.

- FIK, mainly for the same reason as Faulk.

Plus, there's Wildcats, Sunset, BD and so many more of you: all people I've love to chat with in person!

I promise, I will DEFINITELY encounter you guys at some point, before anyone gets too old!

I'm hoping that one day, I'll be able to take a couple weeks off of work and just do a road trip through the states... But we'll see Wink

I've always wanted to meet Shake too, but he's not even close to Cincinnati :p.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 12:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm about 50/50, though I post from my phone in both places too... And outside of work/home, I'm Always scouring! Lol

- Fred, but only because he confirmed he was going to be at the Jax game in '14 and I was going too. But I never went through with contacting him.

-Faulk, because he's in Covington and he's always left an open invitation, but I always get into Covington much later than I expect, thus I never have the time to take him up on it Sad.

Plus, there's Wildcats, Sunset, BD and so many more of you: all people I've love to chat with in person!

I promise, I will DEFINITELY encounter you guys at some point, before anyone gets too old!

I'm hoping that one day, I'll be able to take a couple weeks off of work and just do a road trip through the states... But we'll see Wink

I lived in Northern Kentucky up til 2012 and in Ohio til 2014. 

Now the only way we could see a game together is if (a) we see the Bengals in Detroit, which just happened, so it won't happen again for 8 years. Or (b) if we see a game in Cincy. I still have family down that way, so it's possible. Tbh, I've always enjoyed games more on TV, although getting to the stadium every now and then is nice. It's cool to be surrounded by Bengals fans.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Hey, maybe if we ask the man so often credited with being the purveyor of cheap, the one whose papa the stadium is  named after if he'll pay for all of us to get together someday on the 50 yardline on the B.. You don't know until you ask. I'm not suggesting that this is in any way going to come to fruition, but it would be kind of cool if it did and would go a long way to rehabilitating his image as the worst team owner in all of sport.. 
Dear M, will you pay for transportation and accommodations for every member of the Bengals board in exchange for us not saying you're the worst team owner ever? 
Sincerely, 
Some insane fan of the team  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It’s been an amazing 3 years. It also means it’s time for the kids to commence our own purge. Banhammers with no questions. Ninja
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Many thanks to everyone that keeps this site going and visitors. I like this site so much that I get my Bengals news here mostly instead of Bengals.com. Hard to believe it has been 3 years. I'm now using the Cincinnati Reds board here much more as MLB removed their message boards this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
When they closed down the official message board I was pretty disappointed, but it seems like this one is just as good if not better. Thanks for creating it!
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 07:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Am I the only one here that posts more at home? Seems everyone here has a desk job.

When I was more active I used to post at work mostly, but now that I'm a truck driver up in North Dakota (I haven't met another Bengals fan yet, lol) I always have to post at home. Kinda wish I could be as active as I used to be.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 01:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I lived in Northern Kentucky up til 2012 and in Ohio til 2014. 

Now the only way we could see a game together is if (a) we see the Bengals in Detroit, which just happened, so it won't happen again for 8 years. Or (b) if we see a game in Cincy. I still have family down that way, so it's possible. Tbh, I've always enjoyed games more on TV, although getting to the stadium every now and then is nice. It's cool to be surrounded by Bengals fans.

could have a get together at a big bar 

just make sure its in bengals viewing area or ye be watching da browns
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 01:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The board is officially 3 years old today. Man, time flies. To me, it doesn't seem like it's been that long already.  Mellow

As I do every year around this time, I just want to express my appreciation to the community here. You guys have truly made it a great place to talk Bengals football and a wide range of other topics. 

When we started this thing back in 2015, I had no real idea how it would turn out...but I knew we had a great member community and an outstanding staff...so I was very hopeful.

It's very cool to see what the board has grown into and how established it has become. So. once again - thanks to each and every member who helps make this such an entertaining and informative community...and to the staff members who put in so much time and effort to make things run so smoothly.

Here's to many more years...
Cheers, BJ

[Image: giphy.gif]

I want to offer my congratulations also!

Joined the original mothership back in 2005.  This board far exceeds what that was or probably would have ever been.

Kudos to the founders, moderators and everyone behind the scenes who keeps the place running and growing!
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 01:25 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Many thanks to everyone that keeps this site going and visitors. I like this site so much that I get my Bengals news here mostly instead of Bengals.com. Hard to believe it has been 3 years. I'm now using the Cincinnati Reds board here much more as MLB removed their message boards this year.

Thank. GOD.

What a travesty those boards were, not to mention that the Jays one is particular, had a "hierarchy," and all that BS.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 10:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: could have a get together at a big bar 

just make sure its in bengals viewing area or ye be watching da browns

Molly Malone's in Covington has great wings and cheap pitchers, last I knew. Of course I haven't been there in almost a decade.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think to celebrate, we should all go to our nearest respective WalMart, buy the cheapest yellow towel you can find (cause you know that's those fans do), and then clean your shoes with it in honor of TheBengalsBoard.com.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 12:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I promise, I will DEFINITELY encounter you guys at some point, before anyone gets too old!

One day I'll move to Canada and the dream can happen
Reply/Quote
I still read Hobson if for no other reason than to remind myself that someone has to play the yes-man to the company higher ups..  As aggravating as he is he still has a pretty good writing style. He'd probably be better suited writing for the Lifestyle channel, but he's still an ok writer. His writing style is easier to read than most even if most of what he writes is handout material  .. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 01:49 PM)eoxyod Wrote: One day I'll move to Canada and the dream can happen

LOL

I knew I forgot someone! Wink
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 01:35 PM)Benton Wrote: I think to celebrate, we should all go to our nearest respective WalMart, buy the cheapest yellow towel you can find (cause you know that's those fans do), and then clean your shoes with it in honor of TheBengalsBoard.com.

:andy:

Wait, you're suggesting we soil our shoes with yellow towels when toilet paper is much easier to replace? I will concede that toilet paper  flushes easier than towels and I'm not quite ready to soil my dark soil with yellow towels either .  How about cleaning up dog poop with them ?

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 01:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The board is officially 3 years old today. Man, time flies. To me, it doesn't seem like it's been that long already.  Mellow

As I do every year around this time, I just want to express my appreciation to the community here. You guys have truly made it a great place to talk Bengals football and a wide range of other topics. 

When we started this thing back in 2015, I had no real idea how it would turn out...but I knew we had a great member community and an outstanding staff...so I was very hopeful.

It's very cool to see what the board has grown into and how established it has become. So. once again - thanks to each and every member who helps make this such an entertaining and informative community...and to the staff members who put in so much time and effort to make things run so smoothly.

Here's to many more years...
Cheers, BJ

Thanks Holic for starting this board.  It has been a great success.
Reply/Quote
Wow, time flies. 3 years.... Thanks for the best Bengals site on the web.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 12:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm about 50/50, though I post from my phone in both places too... And outside of work/home, I'm Always scouring! Lol

If you ever get to Washington, you got an open invitation!
Reply/Quote