Poll: Which pill do you take?
Blue pill
Red pill
Purple pill
Black pill
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote)
Of all the exacerbated tragedies in Bengal's history the Billups' dropped INT takes the cake. I think many folks believe it happened on Montana's winning drive. It didn't; it was one of the first plays in the 4th quarter. We actually took the lead after SF scored on that drive.

Give me Orange:

1994: Draft Marshall Faulk instead of DT Big Daddy, then in 95 we don't need RB so we stay put and take the first DT drafted (Warren Sapp).
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 09:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Superbowl win 100 out of 100 times.

Not sure there's a close 2nd.

That's my take...I don't see how the others are even close.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 10:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Brad, I've seen this all over the Bengals FB groups.

I know but they obviously shared it from Twitter (not Instagram) because look at the username.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 12:40 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's my take...I don't see how the others are even close.

Everyone wants a Super Bowl, but the option assumes Billups' INT is game winning. The drop happened with 14:00 left in the 4th quarter. It wasn't winning shit. 

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 02:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Everyone wants a Super Bowl, but the option assumes Billups' INT is game winning. The drop happened with 14:00 left in the 4th quarter. It wasn't winning shit. 

Well the red pill option says “game winning INT”... so by the rules of this game, it would be.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 02:23 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Well the red pill option says “game winning INT”... so by the rules of this game, it would be.

That's because you all fell for the lies of a pill pusher. and now you're all hooked. 

Reply/Quote
Where’s the ‘Bill Walsh is named head coach in 1976’ pill?
Reply/Quote
If it's just a what if ... Give Kimo a pill in 2005 that keeps him from rolling like an idiot into palmers knee. I honestly think we would have gone all the way that year.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 02:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Everyone wants a Super Bowl, but the option assumes Billups' INT is game winning. The drop happened with 14:00 left in the 4th quarter. It wasn't winning shit. 

People assume that Montana would've just folded up like a tent and we just go on our merry way to win the game.  Way too much time to use one play to determine the outcome.

I've been watching since '81 and when Hill fumbled that ball, everything started changing for the worse.  Even with Burrow now, that 2015 team was our best shot since the 05 team.  Look what kind of shape we're in now.  It's going to take a miracle to fix this team.  You'd have to fix management, coaching and the holes in the OL just to get back to being competitive.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Hill fumble for me.

As Bfine said, Billups drop was not a "game winner".

Redskins took the Saints draft offer and it did them no good.

Same with McNair, no guarantee he would have had any success with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Red pill all day long.
Reply/Quote
I can still visualize that missed INT from Billups.. hit him RIGHT IN THE CHEST where you want the ball thrown to.

If he had caught that, the INT pass of the patriots on the 2? yard line of the super bowl vs the seahawks would have been referenced as the Montana pass. Right to ya for the win type of pass.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hill fumble for me.

As Bfine said, Billups drop was not a "game winner".

Redskins took the Saints draft offer and it did them no good.

Same with McNair, no guarantee he would have had any success with the Bengals.

This isn't directed totally at you Fred.

That drop was in a SB and "could have" resulted in a Championship win .

A win against a team now considered one of the best of all time.

The fumble was a playoff game against a hobbled Steelers team with our joke of a QB.

The Bengals would have had some tough sledding making it to the SB let alone winning one.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I’m only 29 so the Jeremy Hill fumble is mine
-Housh
Reply/Quote
How 'bout a morning after pill? Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:54 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This isn't directed totally at you Fred.

That drop was in a SB and "could have" resulted in a Championship win .

A win against a team now considered one of the best of all time.

You are correct, and it would have been a very fitting way to win that game.

In '88 our defense was ranked in the bottom half of the league (16th points, 15th in yards).  The Niners had the #2 offense in the league.  Then we lost arguably our best defensive player in DT Tim Krumrie early in the first quarter.  

Our MVP QB Boomer Esiason had a bum shoulder and played like shit (11-25, 144yds, 0 td, 1 int).  Our rushing game which was #1 in the league (169.4 ypg) during the regular season only produced 106 yards.  Yet our defense played out of their minds and held the Niners to just one td for fifty-nine and a half minutes.
Reply/Quote
Red pill. Not even close.
Reply/Quote

Still a lot closer than the other options. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 02:23 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Well the red pill option says “game winning INT”... so by the rules of this game, it would be.

It doesn't work that way. Billups never had a chance at a "game winning int". He did have a chance at an interception at the beginning of the 4th quarter. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson needs to be starting and playing major snaps.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote