Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill
This is the first time in over 30 years that i just stopped watching a game. I didnt even make threw the first quarter. Everyone was looking like shit but what did it for me was the obvious hold after hold by the Pitt line. But l couldnt take it and decided to watch since i recorded the game. Dalton's vision was horrible, Hill should not start, Oh and way to challenge that TD Marvin. This whole game looked like shit as it always does against Pitt. Nothing new here to see, we play Pitt like shit again and the Refs make damn sure it stays that way.
Reply/Quote
Forgot to mention the play calling, it was.......aww hell piss on it.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I have a problem with Hills running style. 

Look at his running his rookie year. That's how he can run. But there has to be blocking, otherwise it's one against 11 and you aren't going to win that one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
who didn't see OL as our problem after the game against the Jets? it'll be a problem again against the broncos. The game never changed. win in the trenches...........big playmakers like tez and AJ makeup that difference.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:22 PM)WildCat Wrote: Paul Alexander is the only coach left from the "Years of regular failure" that is left on this coaching staff. that should be your first clue.

Yep....we averaged under 3 ypc last week....this week? Right around 2.  2 ***** yards per carry.  That's PATHETIC.  Weather like today is why you need a ground game, even though our QB hit 366 yds.

PA is a steaming pile of excrement.  It's WAY beyond time for him to get headed.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:22 PM)WildCat Wrote: Paul Alexander is the only coach left from the "Years of regular failure" that is left on this coaching staff. that should be your first clue.

This.

He must have seen ML or MB kill someone. 

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep....we averaged under 3 ypc last week....this week? Right around 2.  2 ***** yards per carry.  That's PATHETIC.  Weather like today is why you need a ground game, even though our QB hit 366 yds.

PA is a steaming pile of excrement.  It's WAY beyond time for him to get headed.

Are Jim McNally or Joe Walter still local?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Are Jim McNally or Joe Walter still local?

I dunno....but didn't McNally recommend PA? Shocked

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:44 PM)TKUHL Wrote: This is the first time in over 30 years that i just stopped watching a game. I didnt even make threw the first quarter. Everyone was looking like shit but what did it for me was the obvious hold after hold by the Pitt line. But l couldnt take it and decided to watch since i recorded the game. Dalton's vision was horrible, Hill should not start, Oh and way to challenge that TD Marvin. This whole game looked like shit as it always does against Pitt. Nothing new here to see, we play Pitt like shit again and the Refs make damn sure it stays that way.

i can't blame ya......and your post resonates something i saw during gameday thread. went something like this....."steelers pwn the bengals and marvin seems to always call the game that way. they bow down to the steelers b/c they ARE the steelers." something of that nature. de-nutting the bengals their Defense their Offense everything. i have to agree. ST's get a pass from me cuz erickson IS a rookie, he'll get better. give it time. either way it's still just 1 game we shoulda got 10 losses from that but we only got 1. i can appreciate that.
Reply/Quote
We actually need to move on from Paul Alexander.
Reply/Quote
Fix the o-line first. This team will struggle as long as Bodine is at center...period. However, I would not be opposed to drafting Christian McCaffery next year. The guy is a TD magnet running and receiving
Reply/Quote
Don't know if I am ready to move on, but Hill's running style pissed me off at times. It is like he thinks he is Darren Sproles, rather than the 6'1, 235lb RB he actually is. Stop dancing, stop going down from hand tackles, and just run a MF over already. You are 235, the CB is 200. Don't try to juke him, lower your shoulders and make him wish he didn't have to try to tackle you.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:46 PM)WildCat Wrote: who didn't see OL as our problem after the game against the Jets? it'll be a problem again against the broncos. The game never changed. win in the trenches...........big playmakers like tez and AJ makeup that difference.

I saw it....always is against real physical teams.

Reply/Quote
I wonder what happened to Hill between year 1 and year 2 for him. Rookie year it was one foot in the ground and BOOM right in the second level of the defense. Same style he ran with while at LSU. Now? He is taking two lateral steps before he decides to go North/South, trying to juke a defender that is about five yards away from contact, and just looks overall indecisive.

Like Weezy and BengalChris alluded to, the style he has adopted seems to be problematic. He is not a finesse runner, but not sure he believes that. He's too good of a talent to pitter-patter.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:00 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I wonder what happened to Hill between year 1 and year 2 for him.  Rookie year it was one foot in the ground and BOOM right in the second level of the defense.  Same style he ran with while at LSU.  Now?  He is taking two lateral steps before he decides to go North/South, trying to juke a defender that is about five yards away from contact, and just looks overall indecisive.

Like Weezy and BengalChris alluded to, the style he has adopted seems to be problematic.  He is not a finesse runner, but not sure he believes that.  He's too good of a talent to pitter-patter.

he learned to look for blockers. is the difference. unfortunately he doesn't have any until we play a shitty team Defense. I would expect to see more of the same next week. until we get a team like the jags or redskins.
Reply/Quote
He is a north south RB who needs carries. Zampese needs to understand this and actually give him the Mfing ball.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:12 PM)J24 Wrote: He is a north south RB who needs carries. Zampese needs to understand this and actually give him the Mfing ball.

Dude had 3.6 ypc last year, something like 2.7 ypc this year. It ain't gonna happen, Captain. 11 carries at 2.0 ypc today helped lame the offense. It doesn't mean he should have ran 11 more times. The guy has ran slow, soft, and hesitant on 19 of his 20 carries this year, and he cannot pass block.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
They to move on from Marvin Lewis. How is still there is the joke of the NFL
Reply/Quote
Hill did not seem to be the problem today. Had Hill been given the holes that Deango Williams had, he'd have had a monster game. The line is having severe problems generating any push. Andre Smith is now sorely missed and we're left with Whit and a bunch of skinny zone blocking guys. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dude had 3.6 ypc last year, something like 2.7 ypc this year. It ain't gonna happen, Captain. 11 carries at 2.0 ypc today helped lame the offense. It doesn't mean he should have ran 11 more times. The guy has ran slow, soft, and hesitant on 19 of his 20 carries this year, and he cannot pass block.

Dude lead the NFL in rushing touchdowns last season and the year before had a 5.1 yards per a carry.  He is a good player just because hes had a couple of bad games against some really good front 7s doesn't mean this team should give up on football.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote