Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Bengals should be actively exploring trades...
And they should make one.

The window to win is right now. They should be trying to buy HARD imo. They could use help at interior DL, corner back. They could also use another wide receiver for depth.

I get frustrated sometimes that the Bengals are so in love with draft picks. Jackson Carman, Billy Price, Cedric Obghui, John Ross, Drew Sample, etc. are all exhibits of why I would 100% take a known quantity over a lottery ticket.

Make a trade, Bengals. The time has never been more right.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Should be.... but not likely.

Bengals have only made two mid-season trades since Brown became the team’s general manager in 1991
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
If they make a trade for anyone, in my opinion it needs to be a rotational DE. Trey and Sam need help badly. Ossai and Sample aren’t enough. Ossai is just now “finding his legs” and Sample is going to get worn out rotating in at 3T AND defensive end. If the Bengals consider themselves contenders then they know they’ll be drafting late. I’d trade a 3rd (plus?) for a rotational guy in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
According to the Locked On Podcast, if the Browns lose to us on Monday, they're going to trade Kareem Hunt. Maybe we see if we could get Myles Garrett from them? Hell, I'm willing to trade a 1st rounder for him.

Give them 2 first rounders to get him BEFORE the Monday night game. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 11:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: According to the Locked On Podcast, if the Browns lose to us on Monday, they're going to trade Kareem Hunt. Maybe we see if we could get Myles Garrett from them? Hell, I'm willing to trade a 1st rounder for him.

Give them 2 first rounders to get him BEFORE the Monday night game. Ninja

Word FWIW is Hunt can be had for a 4th ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 11:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And they should make one.

The window to win is right now. They should be trying to buy HARD imo. They could use help at interior DL, corner back. They could also use another wide receiver for depth.

I get frustrated sometimes that the Bengals are so in love with draft picks. Jackson Carman, Billy Price, Cedric Obghui, John Ross, Drew Sample, etc. are all exhibits of why I would 100% take a known quantity over a lottery ticket.

Need help in DL? Carter and Tufele did great vs the Falcons. Reader and Tupol back soon. Cam Taylor-Britt just got some PT. WR I could see but to get anybody good who can you trade somebody wants. I don’t want to give up a draft choice. The draft is gong to save us salary cap wise as we need capital for our QB, WR, S, and Logan Wilson.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

The window to win is right now. They should be trying to buy HARD imo. They could use help at interior DL, corner back.  They could also use another wide receiver for depth.

For who? WRs and RBs are really the players being talked about on the trade block.... Maybe Da'Ron Payne but he's not really worth what they would ask for him.

As for Draft picks they will be at a premium for the Bengals in the next few years to offset the cost of some of the contracts that will be going to their young guys including probably 2 top 5 contracts with Joe Burrow and Ja'marr Chase.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
My only worry on offense is the depth behind Collins at RT him staying healthy is my only concern. On defense we could use another pass rusher, but I still want Ossai getting his reps. The DT spot only needs addressed if Reader and Tupou is not getting back on the field this year. Carter and Tufele need reps so we know what we got with these guys for the future if they can hold it down over next few games till, we get healthier at DT then we should let the youth develop.

If we trade it should be to get more explosive on special teams at kickoff returner or a punt returner.

If we can upgrade depth, we should always look to do that second string O-line could be upgraded with proven players.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 11:59 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Need help in DL? Carter and Tufele did great vs the Falcons. Reader and Tupol back soon. Cam Taylor-Britt just got some PT. WR I could see but to get anybody good who can you trade somebody wants. I don’t want to give up a draft choice. The draft is gong to save us salary cap wise as we need capital for our QB, WR, S, and Logan Wilson.

Carter hasn't looked great other than a couple flashes last week. 

Sorry, but I'm just not ready to rely on unproven rookies for a Super Bowl run. We need some proven quantities. 

Why would we not look to upgrade the team? Make a splash and get an elite guy for our defense. We don't necessarily need picks right now....teams overvalue picks anyway. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:08 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: My only worry on offense is the depth behind Collins at RT him staying healthy is my only concern. On defense we could use another pass rusher, but I still want Ossai getting his reps. The DT spot only needs addressed if Reader and Tupou is not getting back on the field this year. Carter and Tufele need reps so we know what we got with these guys for the future if they can hold it down over next few games till, we get healthier at DT then we should let the youth develop.

If we trade it should be to get more explosive on special teams at kickoff returner or a punt returner.

If we can upgrade depth, we should always look to do that second string O-line could be upgraded with proven players.

This isn't a developmental year. It's a Super Bowl year. 
Reply/Quote

The window to win is right now. They should be trying to buy HARD imo. They could use help at interior DL, corner back.  They could also use another wide receiver for depth.

The Bengals clearly aren't in love with Carman if he's a weekly healthy scratch.
They essentially got Scharping to replace him.

They 100% need to get a better WR4, as insurance if anything. The 4th WR on the team (Thomas) only has 38 yards (2 rec, 8 targets).
Let go of the RB4 if you really don't want to let go of Morgan, Thomas, and Taylor.
Williams (the RB4) has a whole 1 ST snap all season. He's clearly not needed. Kick him down the PS and bring him up if there ends up being an injury.

As for IDL, it's always good to have an extra pass rusher. However, I don't necessarily think it has to be IDL, as the Bengals could kick Hubbard inside on passing downs and bring in another outside rusher to help there.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Carter hasn't looked great other than a couple flashes last week. 

Sorry, but I'm just not ready to rely on unproven rookies for a Super Bowl run. We need some proven quantities. 

Why would we not look to upgrade the team? Make a splash and get an elite guy for our defense. We don't necessarily need picks right now....teams overvalue picks anyway. 

Carter, along with Tufele, Ossai, and Sample, is just not there yet to be a solid-or-better player.
It's a risk to continue rolling with these inexperienced guys in hopes they turn into something by the postseason.
It's safer to get a proven guy just for this season while these young guys continue to develop.

Sure, them not getting as many snaps could delay their growth, but aren't teams supposed to delay long-term development occasionally if they truly have a shot at a championship in a given year?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This isn't a developmental year. It's a Super Bowl year. 

You always develop the youth when you can this is an opportunity to do so.

We are going to be in a Superbowl window as long as we got Joe Brrr.  
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals clearly aren't in love with Carman if he's a weekly healthy scratch.
They essentially got Scharping to replace him.

They 100% need to get a better WR4, as insurance if anything. The 4th WR on the team (Thomas) only has 38 yards (2 rec, 8 targets).
Let go of the RB4 if you really don't want to let go of Morgan, Thomas, and Taylor.
Williams (the RB4) has a whole 1 ST snap all season. He's clearly not needed. Kick him down the PS and bring him up if there ends up being an injury.

As for IDL, it's always good to have an extra pass rusher. However, I don't necessarily think it has to be IDL, as the Bengals could kick Hubbard inside on passing downs and bring in another outside rusher to help there.

I would love it if they could get a little better WR4
Reply/Quote
Two areas of depth are still Oline and to me LB with injuries and lack of depth.... those players might get more playing time..
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Carter hasn't looked great other than a couple flashes last week. 

Guess you don't want a contingency after Higgins (and others) leave(s) because too much money is tied up in our stars...

(10-27-2022, 12:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Two areas of depth are still Oline and to me LB with injuries and lack of depth.... those players might get more playing time..

How daft can one be?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 11:32 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: If they make a trade for anyone, in my opinion it needs to be a rotational DE. Trey and Sam need help badly.  Ossai and Sample aren’t enough. Ossai is just now “finding his legs” and Sample is going to get worn out rotating in at 3T AND defensive end. If the Bengals consider themselves contenders then they know they’ll be drafting late. I’d trade a 3rd (plus?) for a rotational guy in a heartbeat.

DE Bradley Chubb from Denver is in a contract year and reportedly could be traded per will require big contract to retain after season

Will not be real cheap probably but would be a nice rental for a SB run

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Guess you don't want a contingency after Higgins (and others) leave(s) because too much money is tied up in our stars...

How daft can one be?

Hopefully, Higgins will be one of the stars that the money is tied up in :)
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I would love it if they could get a little better WR4

agree and probably could be had for cheap

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Hopefully, Higgins will be one of the stars that the money is tied up in :)

Would be nice but see him being a cap casualty. 

Probably can only keep two of the WR's (maybe only 1) and Boyd will be cheaper. 

Plus Chase is an elite #1 and Boyd is one of the best slot receivers in the game. Should be able to draft a #2 easier with that as a foundation imo. 

Not that I dislike Higgins, but he is going to get paid big $$$ and so he should.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote