Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Bengals should be actively exploring trades...
(10-27-2022, 09:07 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I'd definitely go after him.  He knows our system.  He's solid.  He'd be pretty cheap (maybe a 6th rounder).

IF we do anything, we'll take the best veteran on another Team's Practice Squad. My money's on Chester Rodgers
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:12 PM)Whatever Wrote: Marshall is a bust.  He's only played 4 games this year and has 61 yards.  He's basically the Jackson Carman of WR's.

Marshall definitely stinks
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 08:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Kendric Pryor currently has 0 catches for 0 yards for the Jacksonville Jags. Cutting him does not "loom large" under any circumstance

Daxton Hill has 1 tackle in 7 games. Being buried on the depth chart does not prove any kind of point.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 08:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Kendric Pryor currently has 0 catches for 0 yards for the Jacksonville Jags. Cutting him does not "loom large" under any circumstance

Thomas Rawls was undrafted and had 0 rushes for 0 yards before the trade of Christine Michel, injury to Turbin, and injury to Lynch. 

A couple months later Rawls set the Seahawks franchise rookie record for rushing yards and became the first player in NFL history with 250-plus scrimmage yards, a rushing touchdown and a receiving touchdown in the same game. He rushed for 5.6ypc and helped carry the Seahawks.

The next year he sent their franchise record for rush yards in a playoff game. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Daxton Hill has 1 tackle in 7 games. Being buried on the depth chart does not prove any kind of point.

Depends on who you are buried behind.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Daxton Hill has 1 tackle in 7 games. Being buried on the depth chart does not prove any kind of point.

Yeah, that response is below you.

Are you really trying to say Dax Hill and Kendric Pryor are comparable? 

Does being an UDFA on a 2-5 football team with less production than:

Jamal Agnew
Dan Arnold
Chris Manhertz
Tim Jones
JaMychel Hasty
Luke Ferrell

is comparable to a 1st RD pick that is behind Vonn Bell and Jessie Bates?

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:18 PM)TheFan Wrote: Thomas Rawls was undrafted and had 0 rushes for 0 yards before the trade of Christine Michel, injury to Turbin, and injury to Lynch. 

A couple months later Rawls set the Seahawks franchise rookie record for rushing yards and became the first player in NFL history with 250-plus scrimmage yards, a rushing touchdown and a receiving touchdown in the same game. He rushed for 5.6ypc and helped carry the Seahawks.

The next year he sent their franchise record for rush yards in a playoff game. 

Dude had 1 good year. How much you wanna bet I can find more examples of an UDFA with 0 stats in their Rookie Year that never did anything?

There's ABSOLUTELY nothing to affirm releasing Kendric Pryor "looms large". 

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, that response is below you.

Are you really trying to say Dax Hill and Kendric Pryor are comparable? 

Does being an UDFA on a 2-5 football team with less production than:

Jamal Agnew
Dan Arnold
Chris Manhertz
Tim Jones
JaMychel Hasty
Luke Ferrell

is comparable to a 1st RD pick that is behind Vonn Bell and Jessie Bates?

He's not dressing for the same reason he was cut in Cincy. He can't play special teams. Kendrick Pryor was a guy that tested well but didnt light up college in a run heavy Wisconsin defense. He is aa rookie that showed up in the Bengals pre-season as a receiver and showed speed and talent. Bengals are severely lacking speed at WR outside of Chase. They need a guy to freeze the safeties so they dont start jumping underneath routes. 

I'm not saying Kendrick Pryor was going to come in and suddenly become Ja'Marr Chase but he could have given the Bengals an option to help keep defenses honest. Currently they dont have that and it can come back to bite them.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude had 1 good year. How much you wanna bet I can find more examples of an UDFA with 0 stats in their Rookie Year that never did anything?

There's ABSOLUTELY nothing to affirm releasing Kendric Pryor "looms large". 

I never said it "looms large" but you act like no one has ever been buried on a depth chart and then played well when given the chance. If those circumstances never took place for him to play he probably never gets a shot and is out of the league after 1-3 years. Instead he had an amazing rookie year and set multiple records.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:37 PM)TheFan Wrote: I never said it "looms large" but you act like no one has ever been buried on a depth chart and then played well when given the chance. If those circumstances never took place for him to play he probably never gets a shot and is out of the league after 1-3 years. Instead he had an amazing rookie year and set multiple records.

He's on a 2-5 football team whose #4 WR is a journeyman who in a 6- year career has only had more than 7 catches twice and NEVER had more than 25. What do you consider "given a chance"? 

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:33 PM)Synric Wrote: He's not dressing for the same reason he was cut in Cincy. He can't play special teams. Kendrick Pryor was a guy that tested well but didnt light up college in a run heavy Wisconsin defense. He is aa rookie that showed up in the Bengals pre-season as a receiver and showed speed and talent. Bengals are severely lacking speed at WR outside of Chase. They need a guy to freeze the safeties so they dont start jumping underneath routes. 

I'm not saying Kendrick Pryor was going to come in and suddenly become Ja'Marr Chase but he could have given the Bengals an option to help keep defenses honest. Currently they dont have that and it can come back to bite them.

We agree on that part, but I'm gonna go with: Because he's not good enough. 

Reply/Quote
They are in "win now" mode so no trade should be off the table. Trying to just get along until Chase returns shows a lack of commitment to winning a championship before Burrow's contract blows up the cap.
Reply/Quote
Love draft picks but don't believe giving one pick up mortgages the Bengals future at all.

Yet if Chase will be back in a month then would just grab someone off a practice squad and figure it out.

Yet if Chase is ruled out for the year, am fine using a pick or trading Bates straight up for a good WR on a contract year that won't be re-signed by his current team and expendable.

If any are even out there. yet its all speculation until we hear the official diagnosis.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He's on a 2-5 football team whose #4 WR is a journeyman who in a 6- year career has only had more than 7 catches twice and NEVER had more than 25. What do you consider "given a chance"? 

A team that he had no experience with until a few days before the season started. 

Again, you think no one down on a rosters depth chart can possibly be good. Joe Bachie was trash until he played. Jay Tufele had done nothing until he got a chance. Markus Bailey did nothing until he got a chance to play. The list goes on and on of players who didn't play until injuries occurred. 
Reply/Quote
Give TB a 6th rounder for Scotty Miller and use him for some deep balls.
Reply/Quote
You bring a player in...it probably takes them 2-3 weeks to learn the playbook. So, it's not like they'll come in and perform right away.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 10:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You bring a player in...it probably takes them 2-3 weeks to learn the playbook. So, it's not like they'll come in and perform right away.

When I hold up one finger run straight as fast as you can. When I hold up two fingers run straight for fifteen yards then slant towards the golf post.Again, as fast as you can. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The Ravens look fairly shart this year and the rest of the NFL has really been helping us out with them. This season is a bit of a gift horse.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 10:12 PM)TheFan Wrote: A team that he had no experience with until a few days before the season started. 

Again, you think no one down on a rosters depth chart can possibly be good. Joe Bachie was trash until he played. Jay Tufele had done nothing until he got a chance. Markus Bailey did nothing until he got a chance to play. The list goes on and on of players who didn't play until injuries occurred. 

I don't think anyone down on a depth chart can not be any good. I've simply asserted nothing points to KP doing that.

I'm more of the: "If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's most likely a duck" type.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 10:19 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Give TB a 6th rounder for Scotty Miller and use him for some deep balls.

The Kang of fantasy football WR trades (just messing with ya)  with an actual good idea for a WR in real life? This feels very Twilight Zone considering your generosity in the league.  Ninja  

Miller has some wheels!
Reply/Quote