Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.86 Average
The End of Bates?
I'm on a Bengals Facebook group and someone mentioned that Bates took the Bengals off this Instagram bio. I checked and I can somewhat confirm (though it's possible that Bates never had the Bengals in his bio to begin with).

We already know Bates was frustrated with contract negotiations throughout the season and with players publicly advocating for him on twitter, i'm starting to think the negotiations have hit a stall. Bates is either asking for top safety $$$ or the Bengals simply don't value premium safeties.

As sad as it is to see Bates go, I wouldn't mind if the Bengals spent that money on a premium offensive guard, center, or tackle. Not like a Ryan Jensen either. I'm talking locking down a young offensive lineman with productive stats for 3+ years.

We'd definitely miss Bates in the backfield, but if it leads to keeping our franchise QB upright and healthy for years to come I can tolerate it.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 10:45 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I'm on a Bengals Facebook group and someone mentioned that Bates took the Bengals off this Instagram bio. I checked and I can somewhat confirm (though it's possible that Bates never had the Bengals in his bio to begin with).

We already know Bates was frustrated with contract negotiations throughout the season and with players publicly advocating for him on twitter, i'm starting to think the negotiations have hit a stall. Bates is either asking for top safety $$$ or the Bengals simply don't value premium safeties.

As sad as it is to see Bates go, I wouldn't mind if the Bengals spent that money on a premium offensive guard, center, or tackle. Not like a Ryan Jensen either. I'm talking locking down a young offensive lineman with productive stats for 3+ years.

We'd definitely miss Bates in the backfield, but if it leads to keeping our franchise QB upright and healthy for years to come I can tolerate it.

I wouldn't worry about it until you have to worry about it.  Not like we can do anything about it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 10:45 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I'm on a Bengals Facebook group and someone mentioned that Bates took the Bengals off this Instagram bio. I checked and I can somewhat confirm (though it's possible that Bates never had the Bengals in his bio to begin with).

I have no problem with signing Jensen. The dude loves to play football. Can't have enough of those guys. I think Austin Corbett is the same way.
Reply/Quote
he also retweeted a post that said "today's price ain't yesterday's price". The odds are pretty high he is going to be franchised so unless he is planning to hold out for next season, it doesn't matter what he does with his social media

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Looking at all the teams in salary cap hell and with lots of needs is concerning. Our time is coming. A lot of these agents are just flat out bad news. It’s all about badges and getting more players in your portfolio. Doing what’s best for your client doesn’t make sense to them. Playing at Cincy may never be a huge pay day but they are the least bit all business franchise in all of sports.
Reply/Quote
Bates is being immature now like he was all season. He played very average and said he was worried over his contract - thats immaturity and NOT a Captain.

But he is going nowhere. He will be here.

Twitter is flooded with our dumb fans screaming the team morale will be ruined if Bates gets the tag. This is the dumbest thing on the internet.

How disrespectful is it to DJ Reader, Von Bell, Mike Hilton, Hendrickson & Hubbard to claim they will melt if the youngest player on D is paid only $13M? Which is more than they make.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 12:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Bates is being immature now like he was all season. He played very average and said he was worried over his contract - thats immaturity and NOT a Captain.

But he is going nowhere. He will be here.

Twitter is flooded with our dumb fans screaming the team morale will be ruined if Bates gets the tag.  This is the dumbest thing on the internet.

How disrespectful is it to DJ Reader, Von Bell, Mike Hilton, Hendrickson & Hubbard to claim they will melt if the youngest player on D is paid only $13M?  Which is more than they make.

Whats the Plan B if not resigned? We may have to use one of our top 3 picks on a FS or pay a less expensive FA Safety...as I dont think we have the answer on the current roster. I want him back but if hes asking for top $ in league  , im not on board. 
Reply/Quote
I love Bates but he didnt handle last season well. Sure he played great in playoffs but before that he let this affect his playing.

Bottom line is he can franchised if they don't come to an agreement and he can't do a thing about it. Is he gonna not play for roughly 13 million? Bengals will let him sit so if his agent is playing hardball, it wont end well for either side.
Reply/Quote
He'll get tagged I'd bet.
Reply/Quote
Lots of players remove their team from social media these days during contract negotiations. Perhaps a whiffle ball shot at ownership to show they are serious about leaving.

I agree with others.. Bates didn't play nearly good enough during the regular season. Bates is trying to get top 3 money for 3 playoffs games that's a no for me dawg.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't pay a guy 13 million to be unhappy about it.
Reply/Quote
If Bates wants to play a full season then Mike Brown is not the guy to play hardball with. If he gets the tag then he either plays or holds out and doesn’t get paid. Right or wrong MB will let him sit until he reports or until he gets a good trade offer (see Carson Palmer). I know Carson was under contract but we know that the old man won’t panic and give in…
Reply/Quote
I'll be really worried if Bates unfriends Mike Brown on Facebook.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 01:18 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I'll be really worried if Bates unfriends Mike Brown on Facebook.

Mike Brown is on MySpace.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 01:16 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: If Bates wants to play a full season then Mike Brown is not the guy to play hardball with. If he gets the tag then he either plays or holds out and doesn’t get paid. Right or wrong MB will let him sit until he reports or until he gets a good trade offer (see Carson Palmer).  I know Carson was under contract but we know that the old man won’t panic and give in…

The franchise tag rules were negotiated and agreed to by the players.

If a player holds out instead of playing under the tag he is hurting himself.
Reply/Quote
Just for that, I am taking Bates out of my Myspace Top 8. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/t73q8k/jessie_bates_removes_bengals_from_his_instagram/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Bates removes Bengals from instagram... Cya Bates!
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 12:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He'll get tagged I'd bet.

Nah, they are gonna let him walk.. he's already to much drama.. The team don't need that..
Reply/Quote
All free agents do that

I smell a tag coming and honestly Bates regular season is his own fault
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 02:06 PM)Tony Wrote: Nah, they are gonna let him walk.. he's already to much drama.. The team don't need that..

Oh come now.  There's been nothing negative in public at all.  This is normal FA stuff.  This isn't drama, it's business as usual for the NFL.
Reply/Quote