Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Ghost of Jessie Bates
Anyone else forget this guy was even on the team?

I actually saw him pull off on a tackle today. I almost spit my drink out.

For a guy that wanted to break the bank with his new contract, he's been nothing special and a ghost of himself. He hasn't really been bad per say, but where is the play making at? Step up, Jessie. This defense and team needs you!
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 07:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Anyone else forget this guy was even on the team?

For a guy that wanted to break the bank with his new contract, he's been nothing special and a ghost of himself. He hasn't really been bad per say, but where is the play making at? Step up, Jessie. This defense and team needs you!

Dax Hill has played about 1/50th of the snaps Bates has, and has been way closer to turnovers in his limited time.
Reply/Quote
Yeah if you wanna be paid too then you have to make plays. Make things happen.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He appears to be playing to not be injured.
Reply/Quote
He’s literally always 4 yards from making a play.

But to his credit, he’s played his deep zone so solid that no team has really tried him. That has to mean something.

Logically if checks out too with Vonn having 3 ints so far. The reason Vonn makes these plays is because teams feel they have an advantage if Vonn is the single high safety and so far he has proved them wrong
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 07:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He appears to be playing to not be injured.

Tiger

He'll earn every bit of ineffective this season thats why we won't see Dax Hill. If he thinks for one minute that this helps him become a top three paid position player in the league..... No plays No picks No game changing plays No Way!
Reply/Quote
I know with CB it's a sign of respect if the QB doesn't target your assignment... but is it the same with a Safety?

His performance doesn't jump out that he warrants a top 5 contract but it's not like the defense has been trash. Our area of weakness seems to be Eli Apple and the run today.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Minkah Fitzpatrick showed us all how a Top 3 safety impacts the game on opening day.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 08:14 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I know with CB it's a sign of respect if the QB doesn't target your assignment... but is it the same with a Safety?  

His performance doesn't jump out that he warrants a top 5 contract but it's not like the defense has been trash.  Our area of weakness seems to be Eli Apple and the run today.
Tiger

This was the first questionable game this season from Eli Apple. Guy has played well this season as a whole.
Just lost his technique and fundamentals today. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 07:50 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Dax Hill has played about 1/50th of the snaps Bates has, and has been way closer to turnovers in his limited time.

I listened to a lot of the game on the radio today because it wasn't aired here and the streams sucked. i tried to follow on the gameday thread but had to give that up early in the 1st quarter; as "The Bungles were back and the rout was on".

Laps said Dax saved the day on the last NO play. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I listened to a lot of the game on the radio today because it wasn't aired here and the streams sucked. i tried to follow on the gameday thread but had to give that up early in the 1st quarter; as "The Bungles were back and the rout was on".

I dunno about that.... Apple had good position on the inside and he and the wr got tangled up and tripped the wr. Hill came over last second and made a good attempt on the ball though.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I listened to a lot of the game on the radio today because it wasn't aired here and the streams sucked. i tried to follow on the gameday thread but had to give that up early in the 1st quarter; as "The Bungles were back and the rout was on".

I don't think the WR makes the catch regardless due to good coverage by Apple but Hill definitely made it 100%. Don't think Bates makes it over there if they're both running from the same spot. 
Reply/Quote

Wasn’t sure who that was.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Let's see....  Tony and Reuben....amiright?
Reply/Quote
This is why I was so against paying him in the offseason based off just 4 playoff games after a season of bleh.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 08:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Let's see....  Tony and Reuben....amiright?

No names, folks can just review the thread and determine for themselves. I swore off the forum last year but tried again in hopes I could bet some insight into the game. That forum is impossible to discuss the actual game and it is truly sad.

I think Ima start an Unofficial Gameday Thread next week and the rule is you must talk about the game..Novel concept, but it might work. 

Reply/Quote
Bates definitely hasn't helped himself for a top 5 safety contract with his play thus far. Bell has stood out a lot more with the splash plays. I don't even see pay bates on Twitter anymore.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 07:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Anyone else forget this guy was even on the team?

Dude is super inconsistent and right now he's in 'average at best' mode. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 08:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No names, folks can just review the thread and determine for themselves. I swore off the forum last year but tried again in hopes I could bet some insight into the game. That forum is impossible to discuss the actual game and it is truly sad.

I think Ima start an Unofficial Gameday Thread next week and the rule is you must talk about the game..Novel concept, but it might work. 

Do it. 

It'd be a good balencing act. If I want to doom, i'll go to gameday.
Reply/Quote
He's the biggest waste of $13 Mil on the team. We coulda had Larry Ogunjobi for about half the price.

Reply/Quote