Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hit on Malone
The announcers for the Browns vs Bengals game kept stating it looked like a "clean" or "good" hit on Malone on the long pass from Dalton in the 4th quarter. The announcers would not let it go; how the refs made a bad call.

If Burfict or Jones made that same hit on a Brown's receiver, it would have been viewed as a dirty hit. To my eyes, the hit by Peppers was helmet to helmet. I say this because Malone's chin turned on the hit. I know the refs called it a penalty because Malone was a defenseless receiver. But i still think it was a good call by the refs.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter how a hit "looks" or if it was unintentional.  It matters if the hit was illegal.  Putting the crown of the helmet on a defenseless receiver's facemask is illegal.  Pretty clear cut.  I can't stand the announcers sometimes.
Reply/Quote
It was PI anyways but the call was absolutely right. He lead with the crown of the helmet.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Clean hit. Bad call. I'm glad it worked out in the Bengals favor, but this is part of what makes the NFL weak.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 07:36 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Clean hit. Bad call. I'm glad it worked out in the Bengals favor, but this is part of what makes the NFL weak.

Looked clean to me. We just got a favorable call, although it was BS! If we are going to speak it when other teams get away with BS, you gotta speak it when we get away with BS!

Reply/Quote
I thought it was a clean hit. Penalties like that are what's killing the NFL right now. It was a great play that could have changed the game into a great ending. But once again the refs screw that up. How a team in the league today can't score 30 points every game is beyond me. What's a defender to do anymore. The rules are so stacked in The offenses favor, every offensive record will be less than 10 years old soon.

Sorry for the rant, but it was a clean hit. It's football damnit.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 07:36 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Clean hit. Bad call. I'm glad it worked out in the Bengals favor, but this is part of what makes the NFL weak.
[Image: DPlrn2lX0AImFbH.jpg]

Does this look clean to you?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 07:46 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: [Image: DPlrn2lX0AImFbH.jpg]

Hell no.

Helmet to chin.

I think some people need to go to Lens Crafters.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don’t want too much of this stuff taken out of the game. I have no interest in watching flag football.

Reply/Quote

[Image: No-Sir-I-Dont-Like-It_o_94050.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

No, it does not. It may not have been flagged if he could have used his right arm, but the corner was holding it.
Reply/Quote
By the rule it was a penalty. If the receiver is deemed to be defenseless you can’t hit in the head or neck area. Crown of the helmet isn’t even relevant.

Lofton wouldn’t shut up because he had no idea what the rule was so he went on babbling about the Browns receiver hit in the middle of his body.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The worst bit was the argument by the announcer that because Malone had taken two steps he had completed the catch. Ok, we'll take the catch and fumble out of bounds, first down at the five. Or maybe the blatant pass interference, first down at the ten.

Crazy when all three scenarios have the same outcome and the announcers are quibbling over one of them being a marginal call
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 07:45 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I thought it was a clean hit. Penalties like that are what's killing the NFL right now. It was a great play that could have changed the game into a great ending. But once again the refs screw that up. How a team in the league today can't score 30 points every game is beyond me. What's a defender to do anymore. The rules are so stacked in The offenses favor, every offensive record will be less than 10 years old soon.

Sorry for the rant, but it was a clean hit. It's football damnit.

If you ask me the NFL got soft when it started making players wear facemasks.  In my eyes the NFL has been dead for 50 years, or so.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 07:59 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: The worst bit was the argument by the announcer that because Malone had taken two steps he had completed the catch. Ok, we'll take the catch and fumble out of bounds, first down at the five. Or maybe the blatant pass interference, first down at the ten.

Crazy when all three scenarios have the same outcome and the announcers are quibbling over one of them being a marginal call

Yeah he pretty much argued it was a catch, but then couldn’t make the connection.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 07:56 PM)2slick Wrote: No, it does not. It may not have been flagged if he could have used his right arm, but the corner was holding it.

Looks fine to me. The defender was going for the ball. Malone took a couple of steps, he wasent defenseless. The defender can't control how the receiver is going to move his body. You see Burfict get called all the time for lowering his head to wrap a guy up then the player lowers his head. Did Peppers hit his chin, sure but it wasent intentional. To me he looked to make a play on the ball, Malone lowered his head bracing for the hit. I think the flag should have been picked up.
Reply/Quote
All the new rules take away from the game, and their not going to stop players from hitting each other. The only thing that would get the players to stop the helmet to helmet contact is to not have helmets.
Reply/Quote
Crown of the helmet into the chin/neck should be a penalty ever time.
Reply/Quote
It looked like he was getting held before he tried to catch the ball, so that could have been called, too. The announcers seemed to be rooting for the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 07:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If you ask me the NFL got soft when it started making players wear facemasks.  In my eyes the NFL has been dead for 50 years, or so.

I thought it went soft when they got rid of the leather helmets
Reply/Quote