Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The House to investigate claims that Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress
https://www.wsj.com/articles/lawmakers-to-investigate-report-that-trump-directed-cohen-to-lie-to-congress-11547818574

The report that he directed Cohen to lie comes from Buzzfeed News and would present one of the most serious threats to Trump's presidency if true. Guiliani, who once dressed in drag and let Trump motorboat him, responded to the report by calling Cohen a liar rather than just discrediting the sourcing of the report.

If true, this would likely be an impeachable offense. House Democrats will be asking Mueller to turn over any information he has on this claim so that they can pursue it as he continues his investigation.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I hate to be "that guy" but I can't help it:

Can you imagine if any of this, any of it...just one thing...was Hillary Clinton instead of Trump?

People would use what they "know about her past" to confirm that it must be 100% true before any investigation.  But with a known conman in office they defend him and blame all kinds of conspiracies.  While still talking about her saying there was a "vast right wing conspiracy" once 20 years ago.

Meanwhile people who point out the many things the POTUS has his hands in that look bad/shady/illegal are accused of partisanship.

Blows my mind.

As my parents have said repeatedly:  They can't believe they are seeing this AGAIN from in the White House after living through the Nixon fall.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Nothing to see here. Move along.
It's an impeachable offense.

Look yall, how many can say any of this is worse then lying about having an affair in the WH?

You can't. Ant that is why Trump Supporters are losing this pr battle to try to force Americans to excuse all of this.

One we know what their reaction would be if it was Hillary or Obama. Two we've already seen what it takes to get impeached by their standards and Trumps actions far exceeds that standard they set.

But yes, "nothing to see" because the name says Trump and not Obama or Hillary.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22

Mellow
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/01/18/five-big-takeaways-stunning-report-that-trump-told-cohen-lie/?__twitter_impression=true&utm_term=.e53c50823d88

If I were Michael Cohen I wouldn't drink any tea served by a Russian waiter...ever.
(01-18-2019, 12:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: If I were Michael Cohen I wouldn't drink any tea served by a Russian waiter...ever.

Hes still got timetto serve if I remember right.

I wouldn't be surprised if the dscc puts him at whatever prison has the most skin heads.
This is a problem for Trump if true. Buzzfeed doubled down after being blasted saying they have seen documents that unequivocally prove this (emails, texts, etc). If Mueller has this then the special counsel report is setting up to be a big deal.
Cohen recorded everything. Trump is setting himself up by lying. But his followers will ignore his recorded voice and figure out a way to still claim Cohen is lying.

(01-18-2019, 03:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Cohen recorded everything. Trump is setting himself up by lying. But his followers will ignore his recorded voice and figure out a way to still claim Cohen is lying.

Couldn't it just be Hollywood liberal scumbag Alec Baldwin doing a Trump impression to frame the best president ever?  
deepfakes
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/mueller-statement-buzzfeed/index.html

Let this thread die.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(01-18-2019, 10:06 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/mueller-statement-buzzfeed/index.html

Let this thread die.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-latest-muellers-office-says-buzzfeed-report-inaccurate/ar-BBSrfxA?

Probably won't stop some of them from investigating though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

This story was Buzzfeed reporting evidence they never actually saw from anonymous sources. Anyone with a brain knew this was fake news immediately. I'm sure this was fun for the TDS peach mint crowd for the 4 and a half hours it lasted.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(01-18-2019, 10:10 PM)Millhouse Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-latest-muellers-office-says-buzzfeed-report-inaccurate/ar-BBSrfxA?

Probably won't stop some of them from investigating though.

Probably, but they should stop the investigation. When the news broke, I completely get going for the investigation. Even though Cohen is absolutely a lying *******, it was worthy of being investigated. However, now that Mueller has said that wasn't the case they just need to call it off. There really were a bunch of people jumping all over this story, but we just need to calm down and wait for Mueller to do his thing.

Edit: I would add, though, that there are some people that are pointing to the specific language from Mueller's team on this and saying that it was more about saying this was not something that was coming from their office, but rather the SDNY. Honestly, I don't know. BuzzFeed is sticking to their guns on this, too. This is a shit show to say the least.

Edit again: One of my favorite go-to actual Twitter lawyers doesn't think it's the whole "not-us, but SDNY" thing. He did have this to say (it is a 3 tweet thread):
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-18-2019, 10:06 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/mueller-statement-buzzfeed/index.html

Let this thread die.

But the fellas were getting so moist. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-18-2019, 10:13 PM)6andcounting Wrote: This story was Buzzfeed reporting evidence they never actually saw from anonymous sources. Anyone with a brain knew this was fake news immediately. I'm sure this was fun for the TDS peach mint crowd for the 4 and a half hours it lasted.

Buzzfeed is saying they had evidence, Mueller's office is saying the reports "are not accurate." 

That's not the same as saying Buzzfeed is "fake news."

I mean, half of what Trump says is not accurate, that doesn't mean it's all false.
(01-19-2019, 01:27 AM)Benton Wrote: Buzzfeed is saying they had evidence, Mueller's office is saying the reports "are not accurate." 

That's not the same as saying Buzzfeed is "fake news."

I mean, half of what Trump says is not accurate, that doesn't mean it's all false.

Woodward and Bernstein also made an error of details in regards to a grand jury indictment about a slush fund that was used to try and discredit their investigation during Watergate. Will be interesting to watch what was right and where they missed when this all unfolds. 
(01-18-2019, 11:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Probably, but they should stop the investigation.

A presidential candidate being in negotiations with Russia about a business deal while running is still worth investigating. How is this not a scandal on its own merits?