Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The O-line is not a concern...
(02-27-2017, 05:06 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Can you imagine if he was a doctor and you asked him if you were going to die?

Giggle giggle giggle... Your going to be fine. Chuckles on his way out of the room as an alien protrudes through your chest. Walks into the Dr's lounge and chuckles some more. Another son-of-a-***** who believed me, but at least I gave him hope! I can't wait to get to the mansion so Mikey can reward me with a treat (tail-wag).

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He... He's kidding right?

He's gotta be. There is no way in hell the Oline is not a concern. There are 7 year old girls that know next to nothing about football who can see that the protection SUCKS
Reply/Quote
I have no idea what Marvy is thinking with these moronic comments about the o line. He just comes across as pathetic. No wonder the world laughs at this organization. I would laugh too if I weren't so sad.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 11:08 PM)Derrick Wrote: I have no idea what Marvy is thinking with these moronic comments about the o line.  He just comes across as pathetic.  No wonder the world laughs at this organization. I would laugh too if I weren't so sad.

Check out A. Smith's rant about Marvin on Cincyjungle. He also says that we fans are suckers. Sorry I still don't know how to post a link. Sad
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 11:15 PM)Derrick Wrote: Check out A. Smith's rant about Marvin on Cincyjungle. He also says that we fans are suckers. Sorry I still don't know how to post a link. Sad

You can find it here as well http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Stephen-A-Kellerman-debate-extension-for-Marvin

To post a link, just right click and copy the link you want, then click the link icon in the editor bar (on the right of the envelope) and insert.
Reply/Quote
The o line isn't a concern. If whit and z leave and adequate, capable replacements aren't brought it'll be a tragedy.
Reply/Quote
Mervin Trump at his finest. Fake News!!!
Reply/Quote
It's pretty sad when it gets to the point that we are all hoping and praying for Whit and Zeitler to stay, so we will have the same shitty damn O line as last year. And wouldn't you know it, this franchise can't even give us that. Marvin can't leave fast enough. Please take PA with you.
Reply/Quote
I don't know why, I just ain't getting to upset with him, because it's off season, I restored a little hope for the off season. If it was during the season I'd be blowing a gasket. I hated his interviews and I felt like I was the only one irrate lol.

Now to make this clear I think our Max potential with Marvin Lewis would be to beat a bad team in a wild card game. I don't think he's capable of beating a good team like the pats in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Need to get over the playoff hump there!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
This board is incredibly depressing.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 04:03 AM)PlayadLc Wrote: This board franchise is incredibly depressing.

FTFY  

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 07:18 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: The line is a ton to blame but you are exactly right. Sometimes it seems that Andy could just step up and throw the ball, instead he rolls into the pressure. That being said, our receivers don't do a good job of the scramble drill. I know when Roethlessburger gets out of a sack there are receivers running open everywhere

You do see that sometimes. However....Rodgers and Brady don't play behind the worst rated C in the entire league.  Pressure up the middle at a ferocious pace is the MAIN problem here.  You have to initially form a pocket to have one to step into.  Blodine does not do that.  Yes......the WRs and Andy could do better too.....but the biggest problems are Blodine and Piano Man.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 11:15 PM)Derrick Wrote: Check out A. Smith's rant about Marvin on Cincyjungle. He also says that we fans are suckers. Sorry I still don't know how to post a link. Sad

He didn't call us suckers.  He said the Bengals see the fans as suckers.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Well now, if you read the whole article Marvin got it right later on when he said
Quote:We need to improve as coaches,”
You're right Marvin, we need better coaches.....
Reply/Quote
Tired of M. Lewis and M. Brown.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 05:20 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Marvin either loves trolling his own fan base or is a complete idiot. Either way, it sucks that he's the Bengals head coach.

Based on his record on primetime, in playoffs and against teams with winning records, I'm going with choice two.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 04:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: At least according to Marvin:

(The line is) not a concern. We know all areas of our team, particularly the offensive group, have to do a better job of protecting our quarterback and that comes from every person and every position group on the offense,” Lewis said. “(Protecting the passer) is always a priority. It’s never changed. It just doesn’t fall on the line. It falls on everybody.”

IMO, the O-line is the #1 concern at the moment, especially with it looking like Z is gone for sure and the uncertainty with Whit's situation. We could be looking at some major holes/questions on the O-line, not to mention Bodine is still the starting center.

Of course, things could change quickly and everything might look a little better, but as it stands right now, I think the O-line is big reason for concern.

Well, the O-line is the start all of the offensive group. It starts in the trenches. I know that TE's and RB's have to
block as well but the line is #1. They have to give the QB time and open up holes in the running game. Without
Whitworth our QB will be a sitting duck. No point in thinking about any other area of our team.

If you don't build your foundation strong you are screwed.

If you don't think the safety of your Franchise QB is a concern you are a frickin' idiot.
Reply/Quote
I don't know any coaches who evaluate position groups in the media, He's not going to out his Oline for playing like crap when he's trying to re-sogn 3 of them (Whit, Z, and Winston). I'm not reading too much into this. If there was a legit Top 10 pick OT in this draft, we'd take him, but there's not.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 09:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well now, if you read the whole article Marvin got it right later on when he said
You're right Marvin, we need better coaches.....

He needs to quit saying "We need to...." and just GET IT DONE.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote