Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The O-line is not a concern...
At least according to Marvin:

(The line is) not a concern. We know all areas of our team, particularly the offensive group, have to do a better job of protecting our quarterback and that comes from every person and every position group on the offense,” Lewis said. “(Protecting the passer) is always a priority. It’s never changed. It just doesn’t fall on the line. It falls on everybody.”

IMO, the O-line is the #1 concern at the moment, especially with it looking like Z is gone for sure and the uncertainty with Whit's situation. We could be looking at some major holes/questions on the O-line, not to mention Bodine is still the starting center.

Of course, things could change quickly and everything might look a little better, but as it stands right now, I think the O-line is big reason for concern.
Reply/Quote
How can it not be a concern? Everybody needs to play better. Are they capable? How big a dropoff will Z's replacement be? Do we have a RT? Are they seriously okay with Bodine? Helluva lot more questions than answers, for sure.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 04:53 PM)McC Wrote: How can it not be a concern?   Everybody  needs to play better.  Are they capable?  How big a dropoff will Z's replacement be?  Do we have a RT?  Are they seriously okay with Bodine?  Helluva lot more questions than answers, for sure.

We all know this answer. The answer is yes, even though we as fans are definitely not okay with Bodine.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
LOL. Anyone familiar with this team could've seen this a mile away. It's easy to ease concerns at deficient position groups when you have no general concern for the betterment of your team, at least not in any urgent way.

This offensive line could crap the bed again in 2017, send Dalton to IR, and fail to produce a running game and the company line would be identical. "The o-line is fine, it's the other position groups, we have to play and coach better yada yada, Jeremy Hill was really good at one point blah blah."

It's clear that Scrodine sucks and will continue to get us shit hammered against 3-4 defenses. It's clear that the guy that was the heir apparent at LT is overmatched and ill-equipped for the job right now. It's also clear that the other hier apparent at OT is small, injury-prone, and is only protected by the fact that he sucks less than Ogbuehi.

Sorry, Marvin. These guys are bad. Spin it how you want, but you and the personnel department f-ed up big time and your team will continue to pay for it on Sundays if you don't fix it. Stubbornness and hubris won't give any of these guys the skills they need to be legitimate NFL contributors.

Now go get ESPN insider so you can let Mike Brown know who the top corners are this season so you can get your draft bust prep over with and get back to playing golf.
Reply/Quote
Since when does anyone believe a word he says at a press conference?
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 05:04 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Since when does anyone believe a word he says at a press conference?

Can you imagine if he was a doctor and you asked him if you were going to die?
Reply/Quote
Winning is not a concern either.
Reply/Quote
I stopped keeping up with ML press conferences long ago

He says the same tired bullshit

We need to play better

We did some good things
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 05:06 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Can you imagine if he was a doctor and you asked him if you were going to die?

"Well, you have to understand that cancer is largely a creation of the media.  Nobody dies because of cancer.  That's you guys talking and nothing else.  Organs function and doctors treat, and we have to treat these organs better so they can function better. These organs functioned great when you were 16. Heck, you ran track in high school. They didn't just forget how to breathe.  That mass in you lung?  Well, I mean all of the systems in the body have a role to play when it comes to breathing.  They all have to help the lungs breathe better.  We know your body very well.  My assistant Paul keeps telling me that that tumor is going to be just fine.  He's frankly sick of friends and family scapegoating the tumor for your deteriorating health.  And the leech treatments?  It's easy to be critical of them, but they graded out very well in the 1700s."  
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 05:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Winning is not a concern either.

Ding Ding Ding!  We have a winner.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 04:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: At least according to Marvin:

(The line is) not a concern. We know all areas of our team, particularly the offensive group, have to do a better job of protecting our quarterback and that comes from every person and every position group on the offense,” Lewis said. “(Protecting the passer) is always a priority. It’s never changed. It just doesn’t fall on the line. It falls on everybody.”

IMO, the O-line is the #1 concern at the moment, especially with it looking like Z is gone for sure and the uncertainty with Whit's situation. We could be looking at some major holes/questions on the O-line, not to mention Bodine is still the starting center.

Of course, things could change quickly and everything might look a little better, but as it stands right now, I think the O-line is big reason for concern.

Didn't this SOB say that about the kicker also. Where is his sense of urgency? Was his head not there last year, was he watching the games? WTF!!!!!

Why is no one held accountable on this team. Marvin Lewis has bought with him a culture that does not require accountability. I think he parades that around because it allows him to dodge blame. 

The Bengals players, and their fans, should really look into some official legal representation because Marvin Lewis is serving as a mole to the Bengals organization as he continues to oppress the team for the benefit of the other teams... 
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
Marvin either loves trolling his own fan base or is a complete idiot. Either way, it sucks that he's the Bengals head coach.
Reply/Quote
(Protecting the passer) is always a priority. It’s never changed. It just doesn’t fall on the line. It falls on everybody.

That may be one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard. I know a RB can pick up blitzes and the TE...but we have a Center and Tackle that got soundly beaten.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 05:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: (Protecting the passer) is always a priority. It’s never changed. It just doesn’t fall on the line. It falls on everybody.

That may be one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard. I know a RB can pick up blitzes and the TE...but we have a Center and Tackle that got soundly beaten.

Evidently, the defense and special teams also needs to stop giving up sacks.  Mellow

'all areas of our team, particularly the offensive group, have to do a better job of protecting our quarterback'
Reply/Quote
Nothing is a concerning (losing) for this organization. We already know they don't care and their is no accountability. Blaming everyone on Hill not being able to run even though we saw with our own eyes what Rex and Gio did.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 04:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We all know this answer. The answer is yes, even though we as fans are definitely not okay with Bodine.

I'd say the QB and RBs aren't too keen on him either.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 05:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Evidently, the defense and special teams also needs to stop giving up sacks.  Mellow

'all areas of our team, particularly the offensive group, have to do a better job of protecting our quarterback'

Missing extra points isn't why they waived Nugent. He was giving up too many sacks!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 05:18 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Didn't this SOB say that about the kicker also. Where is his sense of urgency? Was his head not there last year, was he watching the games? WTF!!!!!

Why is no one held accountable on this team. Marvin Lewis has bought with him a culture that does not require accountability. I think he parades that around because it allows him to dodge blame. 

The Bengals players, and their fans, should really look into some official legal representation because Marvin Lewis is serving as a mole to the Bengals organization as he continues to oppress the team for the benefit of the other teams... 

I agree with the sentiment, but that culture was cemented with Son of Paul long before Marvin got here.  For exhibit A, I give you Paul "Piano Man" Alexander.  He is to blame for this shit show up front, but we are not allowed to speak ill of the maestro or his units.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 05:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: (Protecting the passer) is always a priority. It’s never changed. It just doesn’t fall on the line. It falls on everybody.

They didn't just get soundly beaten, they are an utter and abject failure.....and are hand picked by the dumbass that's supposed to be their position coach....they're EMBARASSING

Reply/Quote
[Image: head_desk_by_catmaniac8x-d4pz9ps.gif]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote