Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Other" LSU Receiver
Jamar Chase is WR1 in this year's NFL draft and rightfully so. However, I wonder why Terrace Marshall Jr. isn't receiving more love from the draft community? He not as explosive and dominant as Jamar Chase, but he damn good and has great measurables. He stand 6'4" 200 lbs and is rumored to run in the 4.4 range. I think that is exactly what we are looking in a receiver and I wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd or 3rd round. I know the big thing about Chase is that he has rapport with Burrow, but so does Marshall. He was apart of the trio with Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase. Although he did not accumulate the massive stats like Jefferson and Chase, but Marshall went for 46 rec 671 yards and 13 TD in 2019 and 48 rec 731 yards 10 TD in 2020 despite only playing 7 games. I think he will be a steal for someone, hopefully for us depending on how the board falls. Rock On
Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Terrence-Marshall-LSU-WR

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Terrace-Marshall-Jr
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Also, you can forget about him lasting until the 3rd round. He’ll be an early 2nd, or maybe even a late 1st.

Reply/Quote
When it comes to WR and OT being our top 2 needs in the draft, especially since they are two of the deepest classes in this draft, I look at two primary options as the best case scenarios for me.

Option 1:
Round 1: Ja'Marr Chase
Round 2: Teven Jenkins

Option 2:
Round 1: Penei Sewell
Round 2: Terrace Marshall Jr.

If either of those were to come true, I'd be so happy with our first two rounds.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 12:21 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: When it comes to WR and OT being our top 2 needs in the draft, especially since they are two of the deepest classes in this draft, I look at two primary options as the best case scenarios for me.

Option 1:

Option 2:

If either of those were to come true, I'd be so happy with our first two rounds.

IMO def end is as much of a need as wr. More so if Lawson walks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 12:21 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: When it comes to WR and OT being our top 2 needs in the draft, especially since they are two of the deepest classes in this draft, I look at two primary options as the best case scenarios for me.

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:
Spain re-signed, outside OG and RT signed in FA. OL set.
Rd 1: Kyle Pitts
Rd 2: Terrace Marshall Jr.

Try to stop that offense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 10:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Terrence-Marshall-LSU-WR

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Terrace-Marshall-Jr

for sure,take him in the second round and get a O-line guy at 5, but not the dude from the west coast,they do not do very good coming east. Its a big change you take picking a O-line first. You cannot miss on him pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 01:38 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: for sure,take him in the second round and get a O-line guy at 5, but not the dude from the west coast,they do not do very good coming east. Its a big change you take picking a O-line first. You cannot miss on him pick.

The PAC-12 tends to be a very athletic conference. As such, you get a lot of really athletic OL vs power guys.
Given the Bengals want to run more wide zone, they need guys who are athletic.
Luckily, Sewell has both power and athleticism.
But if you don't want to get a guy from PAC-12 and still is athletic and has length, go Darrisaw from Va Tech.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 10:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also, you can forget about him lasting until the 3rd round. He’ll be an early 2nd, or maybe even a late 1st.

He is high on my list of great reasons to trade down in round 1 and pick up and extra second.

Move back, maybe still get Pitts (had to keep you interested) most likely would get Darrisaw.

Then with 2 2nd round picks, can get an impact WR like Marshall, and an edge like Basham or Oweh.

Be nice to have 3 major holes filled early, and then that 3rd round pick can go BPA or CB or G.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 10:35 PM)Knightmare on Elm Street Wrote: Jamar Chase is WR1 in this year's NFL draft and rightfully so. However, I wonder why Terrace Marshall Jr. isn't receiving more love from the draft community? He not as explosive and dominant as Jamar Chase, but he damn good and has great measurables. He stand 6'4" 200 lbs and is rumored to run in the 4.4 range. I think that is exactly what we are looking in a receiver and I wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd or 3rd round. I know the big thing about Chase is that he has rapport with Burrow, but so does Marshall. He was apart of the trio with Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase. Although he did not accumulate the massive stats like Jefferson and Chase, but Marshall went for 46 rec 671 yards and 13 TD in 2019 and 48 rec 731 yards 10 TD in 2020 despite only playing 7 games. I think he will be a steal for someone, hopefully for us depending on how the board falls. Rock On
Thoughts?

Wouldn't be against grabbing Marshall with our 2nd rounder if we got Sewell in the first.

Or if Sewell is not there trading back getting one of the other OT's while adding a pick and getting Marshall in the 2nd.

You are right, Marshall is one hell of a WR in his own right with size and speed.
Reply/Quote

Option 1:

Option 2:

1. Kyle Pitts TE Florida

2. Spencer Brown OT N Iowa

3. Tylan Wallace WR OK St

4. Osa Odighizuwa DE UCLA

5. David Moore OG  Grambling St

This is a good start IMO!
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 08:04 PM)pulses Wrote: 1. Kyle Pitts TE Florida

2. Spencer Brown OT N Iowa

3. Tylan Wallace WR OK St

4. Osa Odighizuwa DE UCLA

5. David Moore OG  Grambling St

This is a good start IMO!

Im onboard with that draft haul. 
Alot OTs in this draft that start for the Bengals
Not named Sewell.
Some believe Sewell is the only OT in this draft
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 10:41 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Im onboard with that draft haul. 
Not named Sewell.

Literally no one believes that. People just want him the most because of his ceiling being the highest. Many acknowledge he’s probably not even the most NFL ready though.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 10:41 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Im onboard with  that draft haul. 
Not named Sewell.

In an interview with one of the Miami DE's they asked him who his toughest OT was at the senior bowl and he said the tall guy from N Iowa that being Spencer Brown ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 06:36 PM)pulses Wrote: In an interview with one of the Miami DE's they asked him who his toughest OT was at the senior bowl and he said the tall guy from N Iowa that being Spencer Brown ThumbsUp

To be fair, there were quite a few top-notch OTs that were not there (either because of not being seniors or didn't accept invite).

On the National Team, the only other notable OTs besides Spencer Brown were Dillon Radunz (NDSU) and James Hudson (UC).
On the American Team, the only notables were Trey Smith (Tennessee) and Alex Leatherwood (Alabama). Both might be relegated to OG.

So I don't have confidence he would have been the best if other guys like Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Eichenberg, etc. would have been there.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Wink 
(02-26-2021, 07:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: To be fair, there were quite a few top-notch OTs that were not there (either because of not being seniors or didn't accept invite).

On the National Team, the only other notable OTs besides Spencer Brown were Dillon Radunz (NDSU) and James Hudson (UC).
On the American Team, the only notables were Trey Smith (Tennessee) and Alex Leatherwood (Alabama). Both might be relegated to OG.

So I don't have confidence he would have been the best if other guys like Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Eichenberg, etc. would have been there.

Well let's be clear I never said he was the top OT to begin with. But it is nice to see that he had a great week and proved himself which is better than some of the OL we right now.  I'd take him in the 2nd or 3rd and have no regrets doing it.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 05:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wouldn't be against grabbing Marshall with our 2nd rounder if we got Sewell in the first.

Or if Sewell is not there trading back getting one of the other OT's while adding a pick and getting Marshall in the 2nd.

You are right, Marshall is one hell of a WR in his own right with size and speed.
Marshall reminds me of Michael Thomas clone with his size and hands. I have the Bengals taking him at the top of the 2nd round if that's the route they chose to go. I'd be happy to reunite him with Burrow if it's not Chase. He was the best player at LSU this year until he decided to opt out with a few games left for good reason. And, he had a pretty good connection with Burrow in his own right. 
If it's Sewell at #5, and Marshall at #37, I'd be very happy with those picks. But, I'm afraid they'll take an Edge, DL or CB at Top of 2nd round. Sad 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 01:53 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Marshall reminds me of Michael Thomas clone with his size and hands. I have the Bengals taking him at the top of the 2nd round if that's the route they chose to go. I'd be happy to reunite him with Burrow if it's not Chase. He was the best player at LSU this year until he decided to opt out with a few games left for good reason. And, he had a pretty good connection with Burrow in his own right. 
If it's Sewell at #5, and Marshall at #37, I'd be very happy with those picks. But, I'm afraid they'll take an Edge, DL or CB at Top of 2nd round. Sad 

I am okay with all those scenarios honestly. Would rather keep WJ3 though and put off taking a Corner early this year.

Getting some good D-lineman in the 2nd round has to be on all of our minds. The SB winner just shown what you need to win in 
this league. Be solid in the trenches and all the rest will fall in to place. I think we have the QB, just have to protect him.
Reply/Quote

Option 1:

Option 2:

What about....

Option 3

Then sign Thuney and Linsley and move Jonah to G.

All of a sudden you've upgraded all 5 OL spots.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 10:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: What about....

Option 3

Then sign Thuney and Linsley and move Jonah to G.

All of a sudden you've upgraded all 5 OL spots.

That would be going all out, would love this. That sure isn't dicking around lol
Reply/Quote