Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rant 'N Rave Thread
(09-10-2017, 05:16 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: This team will stink all year horrible head coach and no offensive line. Only bright spot it will probably be Marvin's last year because he the worst. He's a proven loser who should have been fired 6 yrs ago.

WTF was all the hype with almost everyone predicting a big Bengal win. WHY DID YOU THINK THAT WOULD BE THE CASE. DIDN'T YOU WATCH THE PRESEASON?
Reply/Quote
AJ Green definitely was done with that game. Andy's joke of an effort towards him in the end zone ended with AJ waving his hand dismissively at Andy then checking himself out of the game and I don't blame him one bit.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:24 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: No one ever said P. Alexander was a guru. You are making that up. We are dominant at home when we have a full roster. John  Ross didnt play, but Im sure that you were watching the Steelers so you didnt notice
I believe many people have said that PA is well respected among coaches everywhere. But definitely NOT on the board!
Reply/Quote
Have to fire this loser coach. First home opener since 2009 and this is how you come out ?
Punting down 20 -0 with 9 minutes left at Baltimores 43 classic Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
Brown is a proven loser too. The guy has been around football his whole life, his father is a legend of the game and he is just clueless. The Bengals are my favorite team since I was a boy, but they are the joke of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
living out here and repping our Bengals in Colorado for the past 12 years.. We have defended this team through thick and thin. I am by no means a ML supporter, but this has to be the last straw. How do you bring all these talented players out for the first home opener in years and completely shit the bed. This is bad coaching, bad ownership who is unwilling to make necessary changes... This is how you lose dedicated fans. Help me see it some other way...

My wife and I love our Bengals, but at what point do you just say I've seen this shit show before?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:25 PM)Derrick Wrote: WTF was all the hype with almost everyone predicting a big Bengal win. WHY DID YOU THINK THAT WOULD BE THE CASE. DIDN'T YOU WATCH THE PRESEASON?

You could check any of my post I said after the draft this team would be bad. Honestly I said the window on this team closed, and have said for years to get rid of Lewis
Reply/Quote
All is going exactly as planned... Yawn
Worst O-line in the league, Dalton making Akili and Klingler look GOOD!!! Nervous

Seriously, when the offense cannot even generate jack-squat in the preseason....we all know the inevitable.

Just think....Texans defense week 2... Sick and TRYING to outscore the Packers in week 3?!....oh the humanity....
"In my mind, I'm already there"
Reply/Quote
Back to being the Bungles. Back to being ashamed to be a fan.

I wish I could divorce myself and not care. Lewis better get let go after this season. Unfortunately they're probably working on signing him now figuring they'll get him cheap. Eff this team and franchise.

Most cowardly uninspired effort I've seen on a field.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: AJ Green definitely was done with that game. Andy's joke of an effort towards him in the end zone ended with AJ waving his hand dismissively at Andy then checking himself out of the game and I don't blame him one bit.

I think we all knew this was coming sooner or later.  Green becoming "bengalized" and getting fed up with all that comes with the level of general incompetence of this organization. 

A shame.  He deserves better, and so do we.
Reply/Quote
Palmer has 3 INTs today...with a pick 6. Not a good day for current/former Bengals QBs.

Ok here's my rant.

- Zampese sucks. Predictable ass offense...Archuletta pointed out that it seemed like the Ravens knew what we were running. They were step for step on every route. How many times have we heard something similar over the last few years?

- Dalton was terrible. What happened to the guy who only threw 15 INTs over the last 2 years? We need better, but I have a feeling he won't rebound against the Texans, who seem to own him.

- So many leaped to defend Ogbuehi all offseason. Defended not addressing the o-line. Where you guys at now?

- Hill/Gio was decent. 13 carries for 76 yards, but Mixon's debut was a big flop. 8 carries for 9 yards. Gio in particular was hot. Why not keep rolling with him?

- Paul Alexander. 5 more sacks today. How long will people defend this clown?

- Why so conservative, Marv? Seriously. This was bad even for him. I miss Hue. I feel like he had the balls to challenge people. Maybe even Marv.

Defense was solid though. Especially considering who was out. Maybe Paul Guenther is our next HC?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:21 PM)BigSeph Wrote: Is this forum run by Andy Dalton's #1 superfan?

To be fair, today that could be anyone associated with Baltimore.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
These deflected passes are going to happen all year if they don't try something different
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm an AD fan in general, but yeah...that was a pathetic damn performance out there today.  Sick

I agree about AD. Maybe these coaches, who are supposed to know football and players, should have played Dalton and his receivers more in preseason...ya think?

Not doing so was spun as an effort to "prevent injuries". How many did the Bengals suffer in this game? Not in football shape and practiced patty cake  style leading up to the season.

I OVERESTIMATED THE BENGALS WHEN I PREDICTED ON CJ THAT THE RAVENS WOULD WIN 20 - 9.

It almost feels like one of Marvin's post season games. Sick Sick Sick I doubt we will have to endure anymore of those.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:34 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I think we all knew this was coming sooner or later.  Green becoming "bengalized" and getting fed up with all that comes with the level of general incompetence of this organization. 

A shame.  He deserves better, and so do we.

Yes he really does, hope he goes the way of Dillon or Palmer and demands a trade. He is too good to waste his prime years here.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
By week 4 last year I knew the season was over.

It took 1 week this season.

Zampese doesn't know what he is doing, Marvin is stale, the oline is as advertised, Dalton has regressed.....the D did what they could (thankfully Joe wasn't 100%).

The window is closed. I would look forward to a new HC but that's not guaranteed no matter how bad it gets.

Cant even look forward to a top 5 pick the way they've been drafting.

I cant see it getting fixed because it's not all the players. Ced and Fisher are bust, but I hesitate to say we don't have talent (even if they haven't proven anything), we just don't have the coaching.

Time to watch real football.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If you need to vent, b-tch, complain or just go on a full meltdown about today's game (which is understandable after that performance)...do it here, so that other threads can stay as 'on topic' as possible, without turning JN into one big nonstop rant.

This thread will have 1000 pages by midnight...
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:21 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Rant
I'm speechless! No Defense,No Offense! Out coached,outplayed,and no fire in their bellies! The only highlights was AJs two catches, and Gio's one run! But the biggest problem was Scruggs! Cleveland lost but at least they scored! I don't think Marvin made any changes at half!

The D actually played well.  They gave up one TD when a pick set the Ravens up in goalline, and the other was a perfect play call combined with Dennard playing the route wrong.  
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Palmer has 3 INTs today...with a pick 6. Not a good day for current/former Bengals QBs.

Ok here's my rant.

- Zampese sucks. Predictable ass offense...Archuletta pointed out that it seemed like the Ravens knew what we were running. They were step for step on every route. How many times have we heard something similar over the last few years?

- Dalton was terrible. What happened to the guy who only threw 15 INTs over the last 2 years? We need better, but I have a feeling he won't rebound against the Texans, who seem to own him.

- So many leaped to defend Ogbuehi all offseason. Defended not addressing the o-line. Where you guys at now?

- Hill/Gio was decent. 13 carries for 76 yards, but Mixon's debut was a big flop. 8 carries for 9 yards. Gio in particular was hot. Why not keep rolling with him?

- Paul Alexander. 5 more sacks today. How long will people defend this clown?

- Why so conservative, Marv? Seriously. This was bad even for him. I miss Hue. I feel like he had the balls to challenge people. Maybe even Marv.

Defense was solid though. Especially considering who was out. Maybe Paul Guenther is our next HC?

Basically, I'm just tired of Marvin at this point. I really don't get mad, or even disappointed anymore with him...just tired. !4+ years is a long time to repeat the same mantra, give the same speeches, have the same approach...without it ever paying off. It just grows stale, boring and...tiring. 
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Bengals are now the 2nd longest running comedy show on network tv (2nd to only the Simpsons). Premiering in 1991, they've been been bringing their own unique brand of humor into your home for over 26 years. And you don't make a run like that without a visionary leader and consistent content.

Equal parts a sad clown and a cantankerous scrooge, the man behind it all is one of a kind. A miser, a recluse, a man who drives a Buick Lasabre and guzzles Mock Turtle Soup, we have the old coot himself... Mr. Mike Brown. He has been making millions of Americans laugh since for the better part of 3 decades. What a legend! Truly one of comedy's most seasoned and accomplished creators. Bravo, sir!

It's now an astonishing 26 years in and he still can tickle my funny bone. I want to thank him, on behalf of so many like me, for all the laughs he's provided throughout the years. And I can't wait to see what highjinks they have store for me this season. There's no reason to believe they will disappoint.

What a premiere!!! It had me knee slapping throughout! Encore! Encore! Encore!!!
Reply/Quote