Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rant 'N Rave Thread
Only lost by 20....... Marvin will receive a 3 year extension!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Man, I'm so glad that I passed on Bullock, on my fantasy teams. His sorry ass didn't even score a point today. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
That punt when there was still time...until you punt.
Coach waving the white flag in the first game of the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:51 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: On whose paper do the Bengals look good? Only Bengals fans.....because they know all the names of the players?!?!?!

All the media outlets predicted they would rank in the 20's which seems about right!

1.) Marvin Lewis sucks and has lost the team, should have been gone years ago!

2.) The ownership is the worst in pro sports

3.) They do not play the best players at the position....Mixon on the bench most the game, Michael Johnson played the majority of the game at DE when he was clearly outplayed by Chris Smith and Jordan Willis all preseason, and others. Unfettered loyalty to veterans regardless of performance is not a winning formula.

4.) Andy Dalton is not that good. He had a career year in 2015, but still cant win in the playoffs or primetime, and looks like a deer in the headlights when everything is not perfect.

5.) The O-line is bad which highlights other flaws with the club, drafting and player development has sucked for the last several years now. The Ogubooty pick was horrible, tons of better lineman have been available, and to let your best ones walk without replacing in free agency is negligent, especially when your crappy draft picks have proven to you in camp and games how crappy they are!
I agree, also Zampese is running some high school, no little league, type offense that's the exact same as last year. One of the announcers said it best " It seems like the Ravens know what the bengals are doing before the Bengals do". If the Ravens don't have a bengals playbook or some how intercepted there signals in game, then they studied are offense from last year and absolutely shut it down this year. The Smith interception is proof.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:17 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Only lost by 20....... Marvin will receive a 3 year extension!

Honestly...the roster is bad. It doesn't matter who the coach is.

We start 4 offensive lineman who wouldn't start on a playoff team. Billings is questionable. As are a few others.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:12 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: O line is hot garbage.  And thanks Andy for the 1 pt in fantasy.

Ha. I drafted Dalton and Palmer. Went with Palmer today. He threw 3 INTs with a pick 6. 

(09-10-2017, 06:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Man, I'm so glad that I passed on Bullock, on my fantasy teams.  His sorry ass didn't even score a point today.  Ninja

I picked him up in our league when Janikowski went down.  Sad
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I don't think one jumping defender was knocked to the ground. No wonder they felt no pressure to just jump at will.
Reply/Quote
Andy had a horrible game no doubt, but he certainly wasn't alone in that. He can still play a pretty damn good game, but this wasn't it.
Zampezee just can't call a game for squat and Alexander has lost whatever touch he may have ever had and Lewis?  Good gawd it's time to say goodbye and thanks for the terrible memories..
Ced ain't gonna cut it and neither is Fisher. 
Maybe it's time to dust off the Mike Brown Sucks billboards and put the pressure on to finally cut bait and dump Lewis.   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:28 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Brown is a proven loser too. The guy has been around football his whole life, his father is a legend of the game and he is just clueless. The Bengals are my favorite team since I was a boy, but they are the joke of the NFL.

Thank goodness for the falcons implosion in the last Superbowl. IMO that still qualifies Atlanta as the biggest joke. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:51 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: On whose paper do the Bengals look good? Only Bengals fans.....because they know all the names of the players?!?!?!

All the media outlets predicted they would rank in the 20's which seems about right!

1.) Marvin Lewis sucks and has lost the team, should have been gone years ago!

2.) The ownership is the worst in pro sports

3.) They do not play the best players at the position....Mixon on the bench most the game, Michael Johnson played the majority of the game at DE when he was clearly outplayed by Chris Smith and Jordan Willis all preseason, and others. Unfettered loyalty to veterans regardless of performance is not a winning formula.

4.) Andy Dalton is not that good. He had a career year in 2015, but still cant win in the playoffs or primetime, and looks like a deer in the headlights when everything is not perfect.

5.) The O-line is bad which highlights other flaws with the club, drafting and player development has sucked for the last several years now. The Ogubooty pick was horrible, tons of better lineman have been available, and to let your best ones walk without replacing in free agency is negligent, especially when your crappy draft picks have proven to you in camp and games how crappy they are!

Actually if you think about it this ownership has been bad since it's inception. Paul Brown might be a great football mind, but if you think back or even google back to the decisions he made. Those too were bad, just look at Bill Walsh for a good example. The decision to hand it over to his son whom he did not want getting into football whatsoever was also a horrible decision. If you have known the bengals a long long time, none of these things can truly be surprising. We might as well be cleveland or detroit. Wouldn't be any different. Congrats to the Brown family making their living for 50+ years at hamilton counties expense.
Reply/Quote
To get shut out in today's offense oriented NFL is a real feat
Reply/Quote
Bengals got flat out ***** smacked today. No excuses. It is what it is. Sorry to say.
Reply/Quote
We as fans left the stadium with our tails tucked firmly. I wish Marvin would do the same.
Reply/Quote
Yes I wasted good money on that shit
Reply/Quote
Let a stud LT walk in Whitworth and depend on a rookie drafted with a bum leg who can't block to save his life...

So here we are with an absolutely abysmal offensive line and a middle of the road QB who now has the shit scared out of him.

Dalton was playing like he had exactly 1.0 seconds to throw the ball.

Defense was solid considering what we had out via injuries and suspensions. Thanks NFL.

Still I see dumbass Marvin clapping on the sidelines screaming "let's go!"

Botches another 2 minute drill at halftime.

This franchise is a joke
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:51 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Yes I wasted good money on that shit

you helped line katie and mike's pockets. well done sir. next time just pm me i'll gladly take your money for about the same result :) i know how you feel.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:27 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Thank goodness for the falcons implosion in the last Superbowl. IMO that still qualifies Atlanta as the biggest joke. Nervous

They won more playoff games last year than the Bengals have in the last 25 years... sorry I think Cincy is still biggest joke. Don't shoot the messenger
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The Cincinnati Bengals are now the 2nd longest running comedy show on network tv (2nd to only the Simpsons). Premiering in 1991, they've been been bringing their own unique brand of humor into your home for over 26 years. And you don't make a run like that without a visionary leader and consistent content.

Equal parts a sad clown and a cantankerous scrooge, the man behind it all is one of a kind. A miser, a recluse, a man who drives a Buick Lasabre and guzzles Mock Turtle Soup, we have the old coot himself... Mr. Mike Brown. He has been making millions of Americans laugh since for the better part of 3 decades. What a legend! Truly one of comedy's most seasoned and accomplished creators. Bravo, sir!

It's now an astonishing 26 years in and he still can tickle my funny bone. I want to thank him, on behalf of so many like me, for all the laughs he's provided throughout the years. And I can't wait to see what highjinks they have store for me this season. There's no reason to believe they will disappoint.

What a premiere!!! It had me knee slapping throughout! Encore! Encore! Encore!!!

I wish I could give this more likes
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:59 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: They won more playoff games last year than the Bengals have in the last 25 years... sorry I think Cincy is still biggest joke. Don't shoot the messenger

the u.s.a. still thinks that cincy is still the biggest joke. it's spreading into the rest of the world however. get outside cincy you'll see.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:12 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: O line is hot garbage. And thanks Andy for the 1 pt in fantasy.
You got 1 point? How? I got -3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote