Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rant 'N Rave Thread
I think its finally safe to say that you cannot lose your 2 best players on a bad offensive line and expect things to be fine.
i like Dre but being honest out of the 3 big free agents we had, Dre was the least important. The Bengals should've backed the brinks trucks up to Whit and Zeit. The OL gave up I think 41 sacks last year but are on pace after game 1 to give up 80. Dalton looked like garbage all game but its apparent he isn't comfortable with the line. No doubt in my mind the Bengals start 0-3 and win at most 6 games this year. I hope I'm wrong and they come out and stomp the Texans but history tells a different story. The silver lining is that if the Bengals miss the playoffs then Marvin should be gone and maybe Cincinnati can get something out of this talented team in the coming years.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:36 PM)Goalpost Wrote: These deflected passes are going to happen all year if they don't try something different

platform cleats!

[Image: YRU%20Qozmo%20High%20Platform%20Sneakers...400&maxy=0]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:21 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Amen, ain't that the truth. Thank god we look good on paper

On whose paper do the Bengals look good? Only Bengals fans.....because they know all the names of the players?!?!?!

All the media outlets predicted they would rank in the 20's which seems about right!

1.) Marvin Lewis sucks and has lost the team, should have been gone years ago!

2.) The ownership is the worst in pro sports

3.) They do not play the best players at the position....Mixon on the bench most the game, Michael Johnson played the majority of the game at DE when he was clearly outplayed by Chris Smith and Jordan Willis all preseason, and others. Unfettered loyalty to veterans regardless of performance is not a winning formula.

4.) Andy Dalton is not that good. He had a career year in 2015, but still cant win in the playoffs or primetime, and looks like a deer in the headlights when everything is not perfect.

5.) The O-line is bad which highlights other flaws with the club, drafting and player development has sucked for the last several years now. The Ogubooty pick was horrible, tons of better lineman have been available, and to let your best ones walk without replacing in free agency is negligent, especially when your crappy draft picks have proven to you in camp and games how crappy they are!
Reply/Quote
belichick and marvin longest tenured coaches in the NFL. if both were fired tomorrow after losing their home openers only belichick would remain in the league. at best lewis would be on the couch.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Basically, I'm just tired of Marvin at this point. I really don't get mad, or even disappointed anymore with him...just tired. !4+ years is a long time to repeat the same mantra, give the same speeches, have the same approach...without it ever paying off. It just grows stale, boring and...tiring. 

Yep that's where I'm at as well, i gave up on this team ever accomplishing anything meaningful with him as coach long ago. I'm tired and bored of watching him look lost and be continuously outchoached week in and week out, year in and year out. Eventually he won't be the Bengals coach, maybe we'll have a better one, maybe not, but at least we'll be able to have real optimism for a while.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:36 PM)Goalpost Wrote: These deflected passes are going to happen all year if they don't try something different

I recommend not throwing the ball at the other team's players. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We hear the commercials saying the 50th year they are playing for all the Bengals teams. Looks like this one was a shout out to the 90's decade.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
We have to just stay in there and keep grinding away.. Wash, Rinse, Repeat..

I think that is one for every year Marvin's been at the helm.. I lost count. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm probably a younger fan (32) but that was the worst performance Ive seen. Its close to the 2 qbr game but I had much higher expectations for this one. We always beat the Ravens and the one on the field today wasn't a good one. The Line looked terrible and there isn't an easy fix. The line was bad last year and we let the best pieces of it walk. 6 wins will be hard to come by this year. Fire Marvin. Even if you think hes a good coach, its time for something different.
Reply/Quote
We have great talent we just have complete crap on the offensive line. It was an easy fix but Tobin and brown are complete worthless turds and decided to let our best two offensive lineman go without a fight and without reason. I feel sorry for Marvin he is going to get the brunt of the blame but this has to do with the front office and not him. This team is dead on arrival and there is nothing anybody on the roster or staff can do about it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Its depressing if this is what we're gonna be looking at all year but forreal everyone is acting like it's the end of the world
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:44 PM)whodey365 Wrote: . The silver lining is that if the Bengals miss the playoffs then Marvin should be gone and maybe Cincinnati can get something out of this talented team in the coming years.

It doesnt matter who the coaches are if your owner isn't willing to resign your best lineman. The game is won in the trenches
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: - So many leaped to defend Ogbuehi all offseason. Defended not addressing the o-line. Where you guys at now?

- Paul Alexander. 5 more sacks today. How long will people defend this clown?

Calling Fredtoast.... comments please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
O line is hot garbage. And thanks Andy for the 1 pt in fantasy.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Why will it be his last? That thought implies Mike Brown gives a damn...which he doesn't. I was praying the ghost of Paul Brown would rise during that game and strangle Marvin, Mike and Andy.

lol, man I needed a good laugh after this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:05 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: It doesnt matter who the coaches are if your owner isn't willing to resign your best lineman. The game is won in the trenches

They tried to put a band aid on a massive wound and hoped we wouldn't notice.......well guess what.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:18 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Let's go over the homer quotes

Dalton is a top 10 NFL qb

We are dominant at home when we have a full roster

The O line is getting so much better

Paul Alexander is a guru

Wide reciever was a huge need

John Ross will aid the oline

We draft well!

Lolol

Mixon doesn't need a line. He's a Leveon Bell clone. (8 carries and averaged 1.1 ypc.)
Reply/Quote
Hey Dalton is the man! Ever body says that. He couldn't do diddlers squat today! Why didn't ML put AJ in there? He couldn't have been any worse than Dalton! Speaking of ML did I hear they just gave him a three year extension?
Reply/Quote
I took the off season off from the forums and removed all bengals aspect of my life. Came back today and not even mad anymore. Same stuff nothing you can do about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:24 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: No one ever said P. Alexander was a guru. You are making that up. We are dominant at home when we have a full roster. John  Ross didnt play, but Im sure that you were watching the Steelers so you didnt notice

No way we would have been dominant with Burfict and Jones.

We've LOST most of our core the past 2 offseasons in free agency...and replaced them with mediocre players at best. You get worse when that happens.

And yes there are players who talk about how Alexander is a great coach and has made a lot of lineman good. I've read it.
Reply/Quote