Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Reggie Freaking Nelson Watch
He needs to be back. What is the underlying issue here?

Reply/Quote
IF they find a deal, I believe they're creative enough to rotate safeties, play the three together (like 2TE sets) and play Williams at nickle safety at times. I don't buy that Reggie impedes Williams. Stack the secondary and go win a ring.
Reply/Quote
I know we overvalue our players, but Nelson must be still injured. I can't believe the safety scrubs are being signed by other teams and they haven't tried to go after Nelson. I feel like Nelson will be back, but amazed at how wrong I was about his free agent worth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 10:56 AM)jj22 Wrote: I know we overvalue our players, but Nelson must be still injured. I can't believe the safety scrubs are being signed by other teams and they haven't tried to go after Nelson. I feel like Nelson will be back, but amazed at how wrong I was about his free agent worth.

That or he has priced himself too high.. I can understand this might be his last payday so hes going for what he can get.
Reply/Quote
He needs to fire his agent. This has got to be a (bad) reality check for him. Especially now that the free agency money is most certainly dried up. Now, I'll be the first to say the front office is "unique", but you can get a deal done with them. The fact Nelson can't (if they were/are interested) speaks badly about his agent.

Reply/Quote
What do we have here...
Reply/Quote
Apparently he's visiting the Raiders.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000650234/article/pro-bowl-safety-reggie-nelson-visiting-raiders
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Visiting the Raiders, AKA, byebye Reggie Sad

At least he will look cool in silver and black.
Reply/Quote
Good for him, cant say we didn't have the chance to sign him. Oakland is on the up and up.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 12:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: He needs to fire his agent. This has got to be a (bad) reality check for him. Especially now that the free agency money is most certainly dried up. Now, I'll be the first to say the front office is "unique", but you can get a deal done with them. The fact Nelson can't (if they were/are interested) speaks badly about his agent.

yeah im not sure on the numbers but i know we offered him a contract weather it was the $$$ or # of years he didnt like i dont know
Reply/Quote
I know I'm holding hands with Pollyanna here but I'm hoping the Bengals match whatever the Raiders offer - and that it's small enough to match.

With Dansby added to the roster and some interesting defensive prospects in this years draft pool, we could come out of this with a very serious defense if Reggie stays.
Reply/Quote
Damn, wonder if the Raiders will offer similar to the Bengals?

Reply/Quote
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 2m2 minutes ago
As @VicTafur said, expectation is that S Reggie Nelson gets a deal done with OAK pending physical. #Raiders very optimistic it gets done.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Thanks for your service Reggie. One of the best deals the Bengals ever had.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 06:42 PM)3wt Wrote: I know I'm holding hands with Pollyanna here but I'm hoping the Bengals match whatever the Raiders offer - and that it's small enough to match.

With Dansby added to the roster and some interesting defensive prospects in this years draft pool, we could come out of this with a very serious defense if Reggie stays.

Reg has been great but the team has two promising young players at S already waiting in the wings. This is just part of the game. Oakland is probably coughing up more dough than we were willing to give and our young guys are probably better than most seem to think that they are.
Reply/Quote
[Image: predators_500_x_500_large.png?v=1421915286]

Say it ain't so  Cry
Reply/Quote
Noooooo
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Hate to see him leave.
Reply/Quote
Ross Tucker said on the Morning Drive that he expected him to sign with Oakland today. Hate that....
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 10:20 PM)pally Wrote: Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl  2m2 minutes ago
As @VicTafur said, expectation is that S Reggie Nelson gets a deal done with OAK pending physical. #Raiders very optimistic it gets done.

TY Reggie, if true, you will be missed. My hope is they over pay for you which is great for Reggie and hopefully helps gets us an additional compensary pick in 2017. Give him big bucks raiders.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote