Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Steelers hate Burfict because he's too much like...a Steeler
(12-21-2015, 09:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tez has 56 tackles

no he doesn't.....and it's in 8 games not 7.  Just turn in your Bengal Fan card as you leave.  Not like it's worth anything.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 11:58 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: no he doesn't.....and it's in 8 games not 7.  Just turn in your Bengal Fan card as you leave.  Not like it's worth anything.

Well, you're half right. I guess that's progress. He's played 8 games but he does have 56 tackles.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BurfVo00.htm
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:23 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, you're half right. I guess that's progress. He's played 8 games but he does have 56 tackles.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BurfVo00.htm

he has 44 tackles and 12 assists.  Whatever

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 07:39 PM)MrRager Wrote: So is this a good place to bring up Cody Wallace?

Weird that he isn't getting the OBJ treatment.

Video here (can't find a gif): https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CWs4xPUUEAAiRZf.mp4

No, it most certainly is not.  What the hell are you thinking?  Don't you know that the Stoolers have no dirty players, and that it's all just good, clean, hard nosed football?  What the **** is wrong with you man? Confused

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 07:39 PM)MrRager Wrote: So is this a good place to bring up Cody Wallace?

Weird that he isn't getting the OBJ treatment.

Video here (can't find a gif): https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CWs4xPUUEAAiRZf.mp4

Watch this:

(12-21-2015, 08:28 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Please, just hard nose football. He's a steeler.  ThumbsUp

(12-21-2015, 09:31 PM)MrRager Wrote: Shouldn't he get a suspension if OBJ did for a similar hit?

It's not like Wallace doesn't have a history. He is the fister after all.

(12-21-2015, 10:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not surprising. That team has always been full of late-hitting, cheap-shotting bitches.

(12-22-2015, 10:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: No, it most certainly is not.  What the hell are you thinking?  Don't you know that the Stoolers have no dirty players, and that it's all just good, clean, hard nosed football?  What the **** is wrong with you man? Confused

Literally the only people saying this are Bengals fans who think they know what Steelers fans think.

The Steelers must be so far in their heads that's all they can think about.  Weird.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 10:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: Watch this:

Literally the only people saying this are Bengals fans who think they know what Steelers fans think.

The Steelers must be so far in their heads that's all they can think about.  Weird.   Mellow

Hell, it isn't just the fans....just listen to the ******* talking heads.

(BTW, you should read the comments section on MSN articles and FoxSports concerning the Stoolers and cheapshots....maybe, just maybe, that's where we come up with these zany ideas about what Stooler fans are "thinking".....as if thought processes and Stooler fans are synonymous Mellow )

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 10:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hell, it isn't just the fans....just listen to the ******* talking heads.

(BTW, you should read the comments section on MSN articles and FoxSports concerning the Stoolers and cheapshots....maybe, just maybe, that's where we come up with these zany ideas about what Stooler fans are "thinking".....as if thought processes and Stooler fans are synonymous Mellow )

You want to talk about thought process and "thinking" and you use MSN and FoxSports as evidence.  That's not zany... Shocked

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 11:00 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You want to talk about thought process and "thinking" and you use MSN and FoxSports as evidence.  That's not zany... Shocked

These Bengals fans must go get riled up in those comments sections and then come here to unleash their pent up drivel.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 11:00 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You want to talk about thought process and "thinking" and you use MSN and FoxSports as evidence.  That's not zany... Shocked

.....or your team's very own message boards that we troll.....does that make you feel any better? Confused

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 11:07 AM)6andcounting Wrote: These Bengals fans must go get riled up in those comments sections and then come here to unleash their pent up drivel.

"Riled up"? "Pent up"?   Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO More like thoroughly amused and entertained. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 11:13 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....or your team's very own message boards that we troll.....does that make you feel any better? Confused

I haven't been on that site in at least 10 years.  Got a link to people saying the hit wasn't a cheap shot?

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 11:16 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I haven't been on that site in at least 10 years.  Got a link to people saying the hit wasn't a cheap shot?

Which message board? LMAO

.....and for the record, I'm talking in general, not specific incidences....

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 10:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hell, it isn't just the fans....just listen to the ******* talking heads.

I'm addressing the Steelers fans here, on this board, that the questions are posed to.  I cannot attest for everyone everywhere.

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 11:17 AM)Wyche Wrote: Which message board? LMAO

.....and for the record, I'm talking in general, not specific incidences....

So nothing then...you got nothing.  You got no one here defending what he did but you sure do have a lot of Bengal fans defending the actions of Bengal players.  Too funny how the shoe you so desperately want the Steeler fan to fin in, slips oh so sweetly onto the foot of the Bengal fan.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 11:22 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm addressing the Steelers fans here, on this board, that the questions are posed to.  I cannot attest for everyone everywhere.

Cool

Fair enough.....and you are correct....the more serious posters here from your group are on the up and up.  I was merely pointing out (in typical smartass smack fashion) where those notions of your team's fans come from. ThumbsUp

Of course, then you have this shit:

(12-22-2015, 11:33 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: So nothing then...you got nothing.  You got no one here defending what he did but you sure do have a lot of Bengal fans defending the actions of Bengal players.  Too funny how the shoe you so desperately want the Steeler fan to fin in, slips oh so sweetly onto the foot of the Bengal fan.

Yeah, which message board do you want to see? thesteelersfans? SteelerFury? Tomlin stepping on the field?  The Huber incident? Which incident would you like to read about?  Too bad neek isn't around, he was the main troll for other teams' boards, he has all of the links.  You can go to JN right now and link to some threads about the "tweet gate".

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 11:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: Fair enough.....and you are correct....the more serious posters here from your group are on the up and up.  I was merely pointing out (in typical smartass smack fashion) where those notions of your team's fans come from. ThumbsUp

Of course, then you have this shit:

Yeah, which message board do you want to see?  Tomlin stepping on the field?  The Huber incident? Which incident would you like to read about?  Too bad neek isn't around, he was the main troll for other teams' boards, he has all of the links.  You can go to JN right now and link to some threads about the "tweet gate".

Literally I have given you plenty of opportunity and yet here you are talking about how someone else can provide the links and what not.  But lets be real.  what is the point of trying to smack those of us here by what others do elsewhere.  I mean it's silly.  I have no control over the dude with personality disorders that has access to a computer, nor do I agree with him.

But since we are doing it, the amount of love for Henry on the old board no matter what he did was hysterical.  But since I don't believe you should be held accountable for those others.......

P.S.  Shut UP YOU OLD BASTARD

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 11:51 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Literally I have given you plenty of opportunity and yet here you are talking about how someone else can provide the links and what not.  But lets be real.  what is the point of trying to smack those of us here by what others do elsewhere.  I mean it's silly.  I have no control over the dude with personality disorders that has access to a computer, nor do I agree with him.

But since we are doing it, the amount of love for Henry on the old board no matter what he did was hysterical.  But since I don't believe you should be held accountable for those others.......

P.S.  Shut UP YOU OLD BASTARD

OP....read it and weep....if you can find your bi focals you dusty old fart.

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/cody-wallace-penalty.13314/

Quote:I know it was probably a dumb penalty, but is there anyone besides me that's not totally ticked off at Wallace for leveling the Bronco DB? They stood AB up and took a pretty good shot at him and I think Wallace was retaliating for that and trying to protect the most valuable asset (with the possible exception of Ben) the Steelers have right now. He was taking care of his boy and I can give him a pass on that. It wasn't like he just launched out of nowhere for no good reason. You mess with AB then Dr. Wallace will offer a quick diagnosis and treatment!

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: OP....read it and weep....if you can find your bi focals you dusty old fart.

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/cody-wallace-penalty.13314/
So you post a thread that is a debate with fans on either side of the debate.  You mean just like here with Burfict?  So since there are Bengal fans that believe his hit was not dirty wide sweeping generalizations about Bengal fans can be made.  Got it.   Cool

Reply/Quote
Here are some more gems.....

Quote:Wallace was sticking up for his teammate. Also 10-15 years ago that isn't penalty.

Quote:I loved it. Sometimes those 15yds are well worth getting into the heads of the other team.

This guy loves the spirit....he's just glad he didn't hit Heath too LMAO

Quote:I love the spirit behind it however the execution was terrible. He knocked a guy out who wasn't even in on the play and almost friendly fired Heath which would have been tragic. Emotion is great, uncontrolled not so much.

Quote:I loved the hit setting the tone for the rest of the game, in the end Broncos wide receivers were too afraid to catch the ball over the middle hahahaha.. dont **** with Wallace, forget Pouncey too expensive and NOT better than Wallace...

Quote:If he drilled the right player #97 ..I would be OK with it..but at the same time ..you hit our #1 guy while he's down..we'll drill one of yours

Quote:I laugh at some of the criticisms I'm reading. I personally watched Mean Joe Greene and Jack Lambert (among others) get some "dumb and undisciplined" penalties in their day and I always believed there was a method to their madness. And believe me, you just about had to commit assault with a deadly weapon to be penalized back then. The message that they were trying to send was that you don't come into our house and screw with us. If you do, we're going to mess you up! And guess what, it usually worked. Now I know that Cody Wallace is not Mean Joe Greene or Jack Lambert, but I believe the message he delivered when they decided to stand AB up and drill him was just the same as the kind of message that some of those 70s guys would deliver when they felt that another team was trying to one up them in the intimidation category. Again, I have NO PROBLEM with what Wallace did!

Quote:I thought it was necessary roughness

My personal fave.....

Quote:if you cant see Wallace is a great and nasty player you need to move on to Flag Football and stay away from NFL, it was a perfect example of how to intimidate your opponent i dont give a **** if he gets a fine for that beautiful hit...

Quote:Loved it. Stick up for our own.

Quote:Offensive Linemen with a mean streak are cool.

......and this was just the first page! Yes.....I wonder where Bengals fans would get the zany notion that Steelers fan think it's just "hard nosed football"....then go in the very same forum, and say we're dirty. Where oh where would one come to such "zany" conclusions?! LMAO

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:24 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: So you post a thread that is a debate with fans on either side of the debate.  You mean just like here with Burfict?  So since there are Bengal fans that believe his hit was not dirty wide sweeping generalizations about Bengal fans can be made.  Got it.   Cool

I never said Burfict wasn't a bit dirty.....the point is, that if he wore the piss and black, he'd be "just another hard nosed player"....doing things "the Stooler way".  It seems a lot of your peers don't like it when someone shoves back. ThumbsUp

.....and I, for one, wanted Henry ran out of town on a rail....especially after Marvin essentially kicked him off the team in public, and Son of Paul overruled him. Marv lost that locker room right then and there. Stupid decision.

Reply/Quote