Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Steelers hate Burfict because he's too much like...a Steeler
(12-22-2015, 05:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's interesting that you used the word hurt and not injure.  You subconsciously agreed with me even while trying to troll. ThumbsUp

Injure, hurt....it's all the same.  He tried to take the guy's head off.  I can't help how you try to rationalize it...... Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 05:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/cody-wallace-penalty.13314/ Ninja

And now for you enjoyment a brief selection of the "Greatest Hits" from the Bengals / Steelers game day thread!

Quote:
(12-08-2015, 01:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
Pittsburgh Steelers (7-5)   vs.   Cincinnati Bengals (10-2)
Sunday, December 13th, 1:00 PM, on CBS
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
Announce Crew: Greg Gumble, Trent Green, Jamie Erdahl

[Image: steelers-at-bengals-generic-graphic.jpg]

Steelers Week already heating up
Paul Dehner Jr.

Didn’t take long for the reality of Steelers week to set in around Paul Brown Stadium. Before players even left the premises on Monday, conversation had already surfaced from up the Ohio River.

Pittsburgh guard David DeCastro didn’t mince words.

“We don't like them and they don't like us," he said to PennLive.com. "It's pretty — I'm not going to sit here and give bulletin board material, but that's as simple as it can be.”

No need for bulletin boards this week. Everyone knows what’s at stake and remembers falling short in an attempt to win the AFC North last year in Week 17 at Pittsburgh. More than that, following the Bengals’ 16-10 victory at Heinz Field earlier this year, a fresh batch of animosity arose following Le’Veon Bell’s season-ending injury. Steelers players took exception to Vontaze Burfict’s reaction to the play.

Without rehashing the he-said, he-said Twitter beef, just understand there continues to be no love lost in this rivalry, which has decided the division each of the last three seasons.

“I heard all the talk they are looking forward to playing and there’s bad blood,” Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson said. “It is what it is. We are going to be here. We are going to be here. We are not running. We have already been up there. So let’s go.”

Read the full article at Cincinnati.com.

(12-08-2015, 05:32 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Man, I think DeCastro was the last prospect I really wanted us to draft. Now he says this and I fear for our DL's knees this weekend.

(12-10-2015, 01:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jeremy Rauch ‏@FOX19Jeremy 
Me to Dre Kirkpatrick: "Things were said to Vontaze after win in Pittsburgh."

Reggie Nelson yells: "Yeah, we gonna handle that."

(12-11-2015, 06:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Tackle them Knees Reggie

(12-13-2015, 02:47 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Who Dey Sunday!!! I am pumped up for this game. Its time to beat down these.....bandwagon fan havin', women raping, meth-making, asparagus and dirty socks smellin toilet bowl Stoolers!!!!!! Who Dey

If there were ever a team made so easy to hate........ Smack here's to you piss yellow nation Mooning

Sick of the talking heads discounting the current #1 seed Cincinnati Bengals in this game!!! Whatever

C'mon men let's handle business and flush this excrement!!! BTW better stay out of Tez's way with all that big man Twitter shit talkin....it gets real on the field with no keyboard and screen to protect ya neck!! Who Dey

(12-13-2015, 02:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I saw where Tomlin was crying to the refs to toss Tez.   

That might be the height of pussdome

(12-13-2015, 03:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Adam pretty much sums it up...

ADAm Pacman Jones ‏@REALPACMAN24  
That's how I feel !!!! F*ck Pittsburgh !!!!

(12-13-2015, 03:03 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Pretty much sums it up for 99.9999999% of bengals fan

(12-13-2015, 03:04 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Eff that....if I was Marvin I would give them two freebies!! Go get em boys however you want!!!!

(12-13-2015, 03:08 PM)tjcase85 Wrote: Steelers already cheap shotting

(12-13-2015, 03:23 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If Mitchell doesn't head hunt it doesn't get called.

(12-13-2015, 03:23 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: should be late hit again

edit: hmm maybe not

(12-13-2015, 03:24 PM)matmaven Wrote: Mitchell is a punk

(12-13-2015, 03:37 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: R U serious???????? You root for the biggest cheap shot team in the history of the NFL!!!!  Hilarious 

Please!!! **** off somewhere with that bullshit!!!

(12-13-2015, 03:40 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: I agree....the Steelers are dome dirty ass sob's.  They take a TON of cheap shots every game

(12-13-2015, 03:41 PM)Housh Wrote: Brown gotta stop cheating and talkin shit

(12-13-2015, 03:42 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Going for the knees again, I see...

(12-13-2015, 03:42 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: I wish someone would break Antonio Brown's leg.  He is a true piece of shit showoff.

(12-13-2015, 03:46 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Did Eifert get hurt with Mitchell's hit? If so, they need to just attack that SOB's knees.

Just for a change of pace....

(12-13-2015, 03:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Concussion protocol is the worst thing to happen to this league.   The players know the risks.   The protocol is bs
Whatever 

(12-13-2015, 03:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He isn't hurt.   It's the phantom concussion protocol guy.  

Mitchell is a cheap shot artist.   What a low life

(12-13-2015, 03:50 PM)matmaven Wrote: Year in and year out the Steelers are the biggest punks and cheap shot artists in the NFL.

I give them NO credit for anything they have ever won.

(12-13-2015, 03:50 PM)Housh Wrote: Steelers are up and just slammed a guy who I know hasn't been in any scuffles

(12-13-2015, 03:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: Eifert in concussion protocol courtesy of cheap shot artist Mike Mitchell. Good refs would have ejected him on the play - it's the only way to get him to stop this crap.

(12-13-2015, 03:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: They should. Mitchell not only has the history of cheap shotting he openly talked about doing it before the game. And yes I would eject Burflict too if he acted like that.

(12-13-2015, 04:19 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Blake plays like a punk ass.

(12-13-2015, 04:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And how disheartened would the Steelers players be if they find themselves down to the Bengals after knocking out Dalton AND Eifert.

(12-13-2015, 04:30 PM)matmaven Wrote: Thank heavens.  We wouldn't want the Cheap Shots to get cheated.

(12-13-2015, 04:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: And there is the knee. Disastrous first half not just because we AGAIN look like kittens in a high pressure situation but also the long term implications of the injuries.

And that was just the 1st half.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Wyche

**** their heads....should've gone after a career ending leg injury....or a broken neck. I keep maintaining we need to fight fire with fire with these pieces of shit. Too bad our staff doesn't feel the same way. Where's Jerry Glanville when you need him?

Wink
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:22 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Wink

Difference? I don't deny I hate those sons of bitches!  I don't claim to be holier than thou.  When it comes to Shitsburgh....I love it when they lay crumpled up on the field!  It appears that my team is FINALLY following suit! ThumbsUp

The only team I loathe anywhere near that badly is the Miami Hurricanes....and even they don't target guys....much less act like they don't....at least when the 'canes were rolling , all they did was trash talk.  Every team in the league thinks your boys are dirty....only delusional fans say differently.  This goes back 32 years....our arch nemesis in little league? You guessed it...Stoolers. The only blemish on a five year league run was that lone championship they won. Bang Head  Hilarious LMAO  

As I've said before , at least you can respect the Raiders.  Unlike some organizations....they own up to the dirt, hell they embrace it. The 70s Stoolers didn't like Oakland either....because they don't like being punched back in the mouth.

Seriously....the great majority of you guys here are pretty funny guys....but I hate your team.

LOL

This phone sucks on this site.....random font change again.....pretty sure you pulled that quote from thread that was made just after the threat from Williams w as leaked , correct?  Or was it after seeing the hit by Spaeth

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: And now for you enjoyment a brief selection of the "Greatest Hits" from the Bengals / Steelers game day thread!

And that was just the 1st half.   Mellow

We've already established game day threads don't count. Ninja

Hell....I can't even stand us on those things. LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 02:58 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I guess you don't follow the Bengals game day threads here, and that's not a bad idea.

I haven't sniffed a game day thread since the mothership. I'd rather watch the game than read "NOOOO!" after every bad play and "AWESOOOMME!" after every good play. I like reading well thought out posts, not emotional and occasionally alcohol-fueled ranting. I don't judge people for what they say in there though. Now if they calm down and/or sober up and they're bringing that junk into JN, that's different.

(12-22-2015, 04:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Wallace's hit against Denver was dirty.  Wallace's amateur proctology was dirty.  There are plenty of dirty plays by every team every year.  Football is a violent game played by huge men.  Emotions being what they are someone is bound to get pissed off and do something outside the rules.  I don't really have a problem with dirty, I have a major problem with intentionally attempting to injure.  Burfict currently stands alone in this regard, the guy literally attempts to injure people.  There are historic examples, Romanowski, probably the best analogy is Andre Waters, but Burfict is keeping company with Suh at this point.  Suh's reputation is actually better btw, his seem to be the result of losing his temper, Burfict's seem calculated and deliberate. 

In regards to your other point, no, I would absolutely not be cool with a player who intentionally, and routinely, attempts to injure his opponents being on the Steelers.  Not at all.  Before anyone mentions Spaeth I'll do it for you.  Spaeth is not going to be the last player to try and take Burfict out.  It'll keep happening until the guy learns, which seems unlikely as he's been doing this since college, or until he's out of the league.

Meh. Sometimes these plays you call simply "dirty" can also injure guys. You're giving them benefit of the doubt and assuming they don't have intent to injure. IMO, if a player takes a cheap shot, what else is he trying to do? Odell Beckham had a few cheap shots last week. Sure seemed to me like he was trying to hurt someone, even if it wasn't as egregious as an ankle twist.

As for the Suh comparison, I don't think it's even close. Off hand, I can only recall 3 major incidents with Burfict. The ankle twist on Cam was by far the worst. Then the dive at Ben's knee which was no worse than Von Oelhoffen's (something Steelers fans have defended for years). Then there was the time he slapped somebody in the nuts. Classless? Yeah? Intent to injure? No. 

I think Burfict is closer to what you define as dirty than someone like Suh.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 08:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: We've already established game day threads don't count. Ninja

Hell....I can't even stand us on those things. LOL

I'm hip.  In fact I was putting that mega-quote together between things at work.  I just didn't get to finish it until after you posted so it worked out well timing wise.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 08:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Difference? I don't deny I hate those sons of bitches!  I don't claim to be holier than thou.  When it comes to Shitsburgh....I love it when they lay crumpled up on the field!  It appears that my team is FINALLY following suit! ThumbsUp

The only team I loathe anywhere near that badly is the Miami Hurricanes....and even they don't target guys....much less act like they don't....at least when the 'canes were rolling , all they did was trash talk.  Every team in the league thinks your boys are dirty....only delusional fans say differently.  This goes back 32 years....our arch nemesis in little league? You guessed it...Stoolers. The only blemish on a five year league run was that lone championship they won. Bang Head  Hilarious LMAO  

As I've said before , at least you can respect the Raiders.  Unlike some organizations....they own up to the dirt, hell they embrace it. The 70s Stoolers didn't like Oakland either....because they don't like being punched back in the mouth.

Seriously....the great majority of you guys here are pretty funny guys....but I hate your team. LOL

This phone sucks on this site.....random font change again.....pretty sure you pulled that quote from thread that was made just after the threat from Williams w as leaked , correct?  Or was it after seeing the hit by Spaeth

Hate the Steelers you want bengal fan, I embrace it.

But don't you wish the bengals were hated too rather than laughed at?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 09:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. Sometimes these plays you call simply "dirty" can also injure guys. You're giving them benefit of the doubt and assuming they don't have intent to injure.

Of course, any play can injure someone.  The point is, are you attempting to injure someone or are you playing football?  Everyone gets the benefit of the doubt until they prove they don't deserve it.  Burfict has proven he doesn't deserve it.

Quote:IMO, if a player takes a cheap shot, what else is he trying to do? Odell Beckham had a few cheap shots last week. Sure seemed to me like he was trying to hurt someone, even if it wasn't as egregious as an ankle twist.

Trying to knock the crap out of someone is not the same as trying to twist and damage their joints.  Quite simply, if you don't see the difference I don't know what to say to you.

Quote:As for the Suh comparison, I don't think it's even close. Off hand, I can only recall 3 major incidents with Burfict.

Burfict IMO is far worse than Suh.  Suh gets angry and does dumb shit.  I don't think he sets out to injure anyone.  Burfict makes a conscious decision to try and damage a person.  Again, he's done this since college, he's got a proven track record.  The guy deliberately tries to injure his opponents and the Steels are not the only team to think so.

Quote:The ankle twist on Cam was by far the worst.

And Olson, lest we forget.

Quote:Then the dive at Ben's knee which was no worse than Von Oelhoffen's (something Steelers fans have defended for years). Then there was the time he slapped somebody in the nuts. Classless? Yeah? Intent to injure? No. 

I'm not going to debate the "push/blocked into" since you Bengals fans are wholly incapable of being rational where the Kimo play is involved.  I'll simply point out that Kimo's hit was not against the rules, Burfict's were.

Quote:I think Burfict is closer to what you define as dirty than someone like Suh.

I completely disagree.  I don't see Suh as a guy who sets out to injure his opponents.  I do think he's a guy who lets his emotions get the best of him and consequently does things he shouldn't.  I, quite sincerely, think Burfict consciously decides to try and injure his opponents.  As stated above he's got a long track record.  The guy is a piece of shit and IMO doesn't belong in the league.  I don't think he'll be in it, one way or another, for much longer.  Which is a shame because the guy is a huge talent.  Too bad it's coupled with a shit personality.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 11:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm not going to debate the "push/blocked into" since you Bengals fans are wholly incapable of being rational where the Kimo play is involved.  I'll simply point out that Kimo's hit was not against the rules, Burfict's were.

Well yeah at that time it wasn't illegal but doesn't mean it wasn't dirty as hell.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Injure, hurt....it's all the same.  He tried to take the guy's head off.  I can't help how you try to rationalize it...... Smirk

No, in this context they are different.  It may hurt when you get punched in the arm but you're not injured, but you suffer a broken jaw after being punched in the face then you are injured.
Defensive players want to you to hurt after they lay a nice clean hit on you...they want you to hurt just short of being injured.   if you ever played the game you would understand.
Thugs like Burfict just want to injure.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 12:10 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Well yeah at that time it wasn't illegal but doesn't mean it wasn't dirty as hell.

As previously stated, Bengals fans are completely incapable of discussing that hit rationally so I won't waste my time.  Suffice to say no, it wasn't dirty.  KvO wasn't known for that, isn't known for that and his reaction rather proves his intent was not to injure.  Not that you'll change you mind, ever.  I suppose the next statement will be how the Bengals would have won the Sb that year but for that hit.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 02:22 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As previously stated, Bengals fans are completely incapable of discussing that hit rationally so I won't waste my time.  Suffice to say no, it wasn't dirty.  KvO wasn't known for that, isn't known for that and his reaction rather proves his intent was not to injure.  Not that you'll change you mind, ever.  I suppose the next statement will be how the Bengals would have won the Sb that year but for that hit.

Might have and might not have but the one thing for sure is that you guys sure as hell would not have.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 02:29 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Might have and might not have but the one thing for sure is that you guys sure as hell would not have.

Quite right.  After defeating the #1, 2 and 3 seeds in the AFC and the #1 seed in the NFC it became completely clear that only the Bengals, the mighty Bengals, could have stopped the Steelers that year.  If only Cornhole Carson hadn't gotten hurt.  C'est la vie. Cry

Like I said, you guys are utterly delusional where this subject is concerned.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 02:39 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quite right.  After defeating the #1, 2 and 3 seeds in the AFC and the #1 seed in the NFC it became completely clear that only the Bengals, the mighty Bengals, could have stopped the Steelers that year.  If only Cornhole Carson hadn't gotten hurt.  C'est la vie. Cry

Like I said, you guys are utterly delusional where this subject is concerned.

Speaking of delusional, you guys act like you dominated those playoffs when it's a fact that it was the flukiest SB run in NFL history. Pretty good bet you lose to us if Palmer and Henry don't get hurt. You definitely lose to the Colts if the dumb ass running the fumble back doesn't turn back into Big Jen. The one game you actually dominated was Denver. Topped of by the worst SB in history when it was obvious you had the refs in your back pocket.

Yep real dominate. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 08:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Difference? I don't deny I hate those sons of bitches!  I don't claim to be holier than thou.  When it comes to Shitsburgh....I love it when they lay crumpled up on the field!  It appears that my team is FINALLY following suit! ThumbsUp

Seriously....the great majority of you guys here are pretty funny guys....but I hate your team. LOL

I feel the same as you, except I include their fans in the hate, laugh as they bleed to death area. The world would honestly be a better place without the steelers and their mindless lemming fans.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 01:17 AM)Vlad Wrote: No, in this context they are different.  It may hurt when you get punched in the arm but you're not injured, but you suffer a broken jaw after being punched in the face then you are injured.
Defensive players want to you to hurt after they lay a nice clean hit on you...they want you to hurt just short of being injured.   if you ever played the game you would understand.
Thugs like Burfict just want to injure.

Buddy....I played for 10 years, coached a couple, and took coaching philosophy under two time 1-AA National Champion Roy Kidd....don't talk to me about "understanding".

Bruton could have very easily sustained a broken jaw from that hit....remember Huber?  Also, Wallace doesn't play defense....perhaps it's your understanding that's lacking. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 11:36 PM)Vlad Wrote: Hate the Steelers you want bengal fan, I embrace it.

But don't you wish the bengals were hated too rather than laughed at?

Don't care, don't jump ship....you a Pirates or Panthers fan?  Probably not.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 11:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm hip.  In fact I was putting that mega-quote together between things at work.  I just didn't get to finish it until after you posted so it worked out well timing wise.   Smirk

Your timing is impeccable Smirk

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 05:00 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I feel the same as you, except I include their fans in the hate, laugh as they bleed to death area. The world would honestly be a better place without the steelers and their mindless lemming fans.

LOL Wow!  I won't go that far....I have some friends who are Stooler fans who are some stand up peeps....and most of these cats (the regulars) who post here seem to be pretty good fellows....just a little misguided in their fan allegiances LOL

As for the team....I never have liked them.....as I said earlier, this goes back to my Little League days LMAO

They're about like the Hurricanes....the main reason I became a FSU fan was because I hated Miami so bad.  Even so, my all time favorite game is the Flutie miracle, I LOVED seeing the blank looks on those cocky SOB's faces.  The reason I cheer for Louisville in basketball is because I hate UK so bad.  If not for my grandmother's fanaticism being the reason I'm a Bengals and Reds fan, I'd probably still pull for them because I hate Shitsburgh so bad. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote