Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Steelers hate Burfict because he's too much like...a Steeler
(12-22-2015, 12:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: I never said Burfict wasn't a bit dirty.....the point is, that if he wore the piss and black, he'd be "just another hard nosed player"....doing things "the Stooler way".  It seems a lot of your peers don't like it when someone shoves back. ThumbsUp

.....and I, for one, wanted Henry ran out of town on a rail....especially after Marvin essentially kicked him off the team in public, and Son of Paul overruled him. Marv lost that locker room right then and there.  Stupid decision.

There are immature fans of every team, including the ones that make sanctimonious blanket statements about how fans of other teams think.  

Gmdino's point stands: the only people on this board who posted any words defending Wallace are the Bengal fans putting words in our mouths.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: Here are some more gems.....

This guy loves the spirit....he's just glad he didn't hit Heath too LMAO

My personal fave.....

......and this was just the first page!  Yes.....I wonder where Bengals fans would get the zany notion that Steelers fan think it's just "hard nosed football"....then go in the very same forum, and say we're dirty.  Where oh where would one come to such "zany" conclusions?! LMAO

Way to cherry pick

(12-22-2015, 12:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: I never said Burfict wasn't a bit dirty.....the point is, that if he wore the piss and black, he'd be "just another hard nosed player"

Flip the script and you are simply making my point for me.  But according to your logic it really doesn't matter what you think about Henry only what other Bengal fans think.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:44 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: There are immature fans of every team, including the ones that make sanctimonious blanket statements about how fans of other teams think.  

Gmdino's point stands: he only people on this beautiful and who posted any words defending Wallace are those putting words in our mouths.  

Confused

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:48 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Way to cherry pick

Flip the script and you are simply making my point for me.  But according to your logic it really doesn't matter what you think about Henry only what other Bengal fans think.

.....and you weren't cherry picking here?  

In the grand scheme of things, does it matter?  This is the smack forum....you asked for a link, got it, and now you don't like it.... Tongue

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: In the grand scheme of things, does it matter? 

no....that's why we do this.   Cool

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:44 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: There are immature fans of every team, including the ones that make sanctimonious blanket statements about how fans of other teams think.  

Gmdino's point stands: the only people on this board who posted any words defending Wallace are the Bengal fans putting words in our mouths.  

(12-22-2015, 12:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Confused

The joys of autocorrect.  As you can see here, I fixed it in my original post.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Confused

He had a momentary Luvnut moment.

Reply/Quote
Has any Steeler fan admitted to any dirty play by the Steelers yet? No? The whole point of this thread is that the Steelers and their fans would LOVE to have Burfict on their side and they'd vigorously defend his actions if he were.

Wyche's quotes from a Steelers board are just the tip of the iceberg and proof of the general mentality of Steelers fans. Just try to find someone with that kind of attitude in JN.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 09:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: That was cheap.  If he was trying to respond o a late hit he hit the wrong guy.

He'll be fined.

And he's stupid for doing it.

See?  That's how rational fans react.

Cool

(12-22-2015, 01:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Has any Steeler fan admitted to any dirty play by the Steelers yet? No? 

I got rid of the rest of your post because it all predicated on the first part being true.   ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 01:03 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: The joys of autocorrect.  As you can see here, I fixed it in my original post.  

ThumbsUp Smirk

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 01:01 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: no....that's why we do this.   Cool

Then quit yer cryin..... Smack

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 01:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wyche's quotes from a Steelers board are just the tip of the iceberg and proof of the general mentality of Steelers fans. Just try to find someone with that kind of attitude in JN.
I guess you don't follow the Bengals game day threads here, and that's not a bad idea.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 02:58 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I guess you don't follow the Bengals game day threads here, and that's not a bad idea.

Those don't count. Ninja Smirk

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 03:03 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Those don't count. Ninja Smirk

Based on the gameday threads I have come to the conclusion that Ohio law prevents insurance companies from covering xanax prescriptions.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 10:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hell, it isn't just the fans....just listen to the ******* talking heads.

(BTW, you should read the comments section on MSN articles and FoxSports concerning the Stoolers and cheapshots....maybe, just maybe, that's where we come up with these zany ideas about what Stooler fans are "thinking".....as if thought processes and Stooler fans are synonymous Mellow )

I just read a typical game day thread on one of their sites one time. After the third fan that called for someone to take a Bengals player's knee out, i quit reading.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 10:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hell, it isn't just the fans....just listen to the ******* talking heads.

(BTW, you should read the comments section on MSN articles and FoxSports concerning the Stoolers and cheapshots....maybe, just maybe, that's where we come up with these zany ideas about what Stooler fans are "thinking".....as if thought processes and Stooler fans are synonymous Mellow )

The only people dumber than the ones that write those click-baits article are the people who respond in the comments section.  Smirk

Except maybe people who use those comments to compare them to all fans.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 01:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Has any Steeler fan admitted to any dirty play by the Steelers yet? No? The whole point of this thread is that the Steelers and their fans would LOVE to have Burfict on their side and they'd vigorously defend his actions if he were.

Wyche's quotes from a Steelers board are just the tip of the iceberg and proof of the general mentality of Steelers fans. Just try to find someone with that kind of attitude in JN.

Wallace's hit against Denver was dirty.  Wallace's amateur proctology was dirty.  There are plenty of dirty plays by every team every year.  Football is a violent game played by huge men.  Emotions being what they are someone is bound to get pissed off and do something outside the rules.  I don't really have a problem with dirty, I have a major problem with intentionally attempting to injure.  Burfict currently stands alone in this regard, the guy literally attempts to injure people.  There are historic examples, Romanowski, probably the best analogy is Andre Waters, but Burfict is keeping company with Suh at this point.  Suh's reputation is actually better btw, his seem to be the result of losing his temper, Burfict's seem calculated and deliberate. 

In regards to your other point, no, I would absolutely not be cool with a player who intentionally, and routinely, attempts to injure his opponents being on the Steelers.  Not at all.  Before anyone mentions Spaeth I'll do it for you.  Spaeth is not going to be the last player to try and take Burfict out.  It'll keep happening until the guy learns, which seems unlikely as he's been doing this since college, or until he's out of the league.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: The only people dumber than the ones that write those click-baits article are the people who respond in the comments section.  Smirk

Except maybe people who use those comments to compare them to all fans.  Ninja

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/cody-wallace-penalty.13314/ Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:
Wallace's hit against Denver was dirty.
  Wallace's amateur proctology was dirty.  There are plenty of dirty plays by every team every year.  Football is a violent game played by huge men.  Emotions being what they are someone is bound to get pissed off and do something outside the rules.  I don't really have a problem with dirty, I have a major problem with intentionally attempting to injure.  Burfict currently stands alone in this regard, the guy literally attempts to injure people.  There are historic examples, Romanowski, probably the best analogy is Andre Waters, but Burfict is keeping company with Suh at this point.  Suh's reputation is actually better btw, his seem to be the result of losing his temper, Burfict's seem calculated and deliberate. 

In regards to your other point, no, I would absolutely not be cool with a player who intentionally, and routinely, attempts to injure his opponents being on the Steelers.  Not at all.  Before anyone mentions Spaeth I'll do it for you.  Spaeth is not going to be the last player to try and take Burfict out.  It'll keep happening until the guy learns, which seems unlikely as he's been doing this since college, or until he's out of the league.

....and was an attempt to hurt Bruton....I'm sure his intent wasn't to share recipes....the guy wasn't even a part of the play.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 05:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....and was an attempt to hurt Bruton....I'm sure his intent wasn't to share recipes....the guy wasn't even a part of the play.  Mellow

It's interesting that you used the word hurt and not injure.  You subconsciously agreed with me even while trying to troll. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote