Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tolerant Left at it again....again
(10-22-2020, 12:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I guess you find right-wing propaganda interesting.  Greenwalds claims about the CIA disseminating false information to affect domestic policy since 2016 are just not true.  If I am wrong please tell me what I am missing.

The intelligence community just said that these allegations based on sketchy sources fit the pattern of other Russian attempts to use disinformation to  influence the election.

The sources for this story were so sketchy that the guy who wrote the story for the Post refused to put his name on it.  Yet FoxNews is searing that all of these emails are 100% proven to be legitimate.

Even if the laptop did belong to Hunter Biden no one has presented any evidence to prove the emails are real.

Well we are getting reports from Tony Bobulinski about "The Big Guy".

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-22-2020, 12:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, the two sides on this have dug in their heels on their positions without waiting for the facts to shake out. The veracity of the information from "Hunter Biden's laptop" has not been substantiated, and there isn't sufficient evidence of it being Russian disinformation at this time. Most of the claims that it is disinformation (including my statements that it likely is) are based upon previous actions by Russian intelligence in influencing elections in Europe as well as knowledge that Russians are targeting this election. However, it is based upon these assumptions and not rooted in the evidence for this specific incident.

Without knowing the full facts of the situation, everyone just needs to calm down.

The only problem I have with this post is that it's not something that's been acknowledged when it's a flimsy story about Trump or any conservative, really. (Not saying you're guilty, Bel. I know you generally reserve comments to the facts that are known). Everything you said here can't really be argued, IMO. It's too bad that people don't do this for ALL news stories regardless of who is being "attacked" (and, yes, I admit sometimes I'm guilty as well)
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-22-2020, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They just twist it into what they want it to say.

Interesting that YOU would say this ... Hmm

Ninja

ThumbsUp
(10-22-2020, 12:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The only problem I have with this post is that it's not something that's been acknowledged when it's a flimsy story about Trump or any conservative, really. (Not saying you're guilty, Bel. I know you generally reserve comments to the facts that are known). Everything you said here can't really be argued, IMO. It's too bad that people don't do this for ALL news stories regardless of who is being "attacked" (and, yes, I admit sometimes I'm guilty as well)

I admit to being guilty of it myself from time to time, even. Usually, though, when I'm confronted with a story that seems too good for either side, I find that searching for the news item and looking for stories from multiple sources can be helpful, focusing on sources like AP, Reuters, NPR, and BBC for the most fact-based reporting. Don't get me wrong, I like reading WaPo and the NY Times, but I know they lean left and so I will usually look to those other agencies just to verify.

I'm not going to sit here and say opinions about things are wrong, but when we throw around terms like "lying" we should have evidence to back that up. That isn't there in this instance.

We had a reboot in this forum, recently, and I took that as a good time to really practice this sort of behavior more consciously. I think it'd be great for others to do the same.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-22-2020, 12:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I admit to being guilty of it myself from time to time, even. Usually, though, when I'm confronted with a story that seems too good for either side, I find that searching for the news item and looking for stories from multiple sources can be helpful, focusing on sources like AP, Reuters, NPR, and BBC for the most fact-based reporting. Don't get me wrong, I like reading WaPo and the NY Times, but I know they lean left and so I will usually look to those other agencies just to verify.

I'm not going to sit here and say opinions about things are wrong, but when we throw around terms like "lying" we should have evidence to back that up. That isn't there in this instance.

We had a reboot in this forum, recently, and I took that as a good time to really practice this sort of behavior more consciously. I think it'd be great for others to do the same.

Rep.
(10-22-2020, 12:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well we are getting reports from Tony Bobulinski about "The Big Guy".

Regarding activity that occurred after he was no longer Vice President.
(10-22-2020, 01:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Regarding activity that occurred after he was no longer Vice President.

Oh, I thought you asked has there been any collaboration that the emails were genuine.

(10-22-2020, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not conductive to an actual conversation to refuse to read a link and then make a false comment on it.

Excuse me kind and highly educated, superior enlightened one with fancy looking documents containing important words and signatures hanging in your office.  May my dumb dunce ass be permitted to speak please?

It was only insinuated I never read it.  I never said I did not read the article.  Schiff knew exactly what he was saying.

I am just a dumb, uneducated peasant, unable to write a 5 page thesis with lots of fancy words, links and highly enlightened, superior and educated thought for every post I make, so please forgive me.

Alas, the confines of my own mental inability have made it hard to find acceptance in such places as the Bengals P&R board.  I can only dream that one day I will be released from the chains on my own mental confines and have the ability to flourish with the educated, superior and highly enlightened class of the P&R Left.
(10-22-2020, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a complete lie.  I saw their report on this news conference.

Where do you come up with this total bullshit?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-skips-fbi-news-conference-revealing-iran-russias-attempts-to-interfere-with-2020-election
(10-22-2020, 01:24 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Excuse me kind and highly educated, superior enlightened one with fancy looking documents containing important words and signatures hanging in your office.  May my dumb dunce ass be permitted to speak please?

It was only insinuated I never read it.  I never said I did not read the article.  Schiff knew exactly what he was saying.

I am just a dumb, uneducated peasant, unable to write a 5 page thesis with lots of fancy words, links and highly enlightened, superior and educated thought for every post I make, so please forgive me.

Alas, the confines of my own mental inability have made it hard to find acceptance in such places as the Bengals P&R board.  I can only dream that one day I will be released from the chains on my own mental confines and have the ability to flourish with the educated, superior and highly enlightened class of the P&R Left.

Mellow

(10-22-2020, 12:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Is this kind of condescension really necessary?  It's certainly not conducive to having an actual conversation.

Cool
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-22-2020, 01:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Cool

Rock On :andy:
(10-22-2020, 01:27 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-skips-fbi-news-conference-revealing-iran-russias-attempts-to-interfere-with-2020-election

Now I understand your problem.  You believe everything the liars at FoxNews say.

Here is the CNN report on the press conference that I saw yesterday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/21/politics/fbi-election-security/index.html
(10-22-2020, 01:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Now I understand your problem.  You believe everything the liars at FoxNews say.

Here is the CNN report on the press conference that I saw yesterday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/21/politics/fbi-election-security/index.html

I literally KNEW you were going to say something like that.  lmao!!  

Now show me the video of them airing the news conference live in real time.

Did you actually READ the FOX article Fred?   Ninja

The first two paragraphs is all you needed to read.

So you see, Fred, they did in fact "skip" the news conference.  Just like Schiff "didn't lie".

You believe everything the liars at CNN, MSNBC say.  Fixed it for ya.   Wink
(10-22-2020, 02:16 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I literally KNEW you were going to say something like that.  lmao!!  

Now show me the video of them airing the news conference live in real time.

Did you actually READ the FOX article Fred?   Ninja

The first two paragraphs is all you needed to read.

So you see, Fred, they did in fact "skip" the news conference.  Just like Schiff "didn't lie".

You believe everything the liars at CNN, MSNBC say.  Fixed it for ya.   Wink

This is th comment that I was calling a lie

(10-22-2020, 09:36 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote:  Hell, CNN wouldn't even cover the long and exhaustive 7min FBI news conference yesterday.

They clearly covered the story.  The fact that they did not show it live does not mean they did not cover it.
(10-22-2020, 09:36 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: long and exhaustive 7min

[Image: giphy-downsized-medium.gif]
(10-22-2020, 01:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Now I understand your problem.  You believe everything the liars at FoxNews say.

What in the Fox News report cited was a lie?

(10-22-2020, 02:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: [Image: giphy-downsized-medium.gif]

Glad you enjoyed the humor.   Tongue
(10-22-2020, 03:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What in the Fox News report cited was a lie?

Nothing.

I assumed the link said that CNN did not cover the press conference.  That is what he was supposed to be posting it to prove.

Since I knew I had seen coverage of the press conference on CNN I just posted the link to prove him wrong.  I forgot about his problem with reading comprehension.
(10-22-2020, 04:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing.

I assumed the link said that CNN did not cover the press conference.  That is what he was supposed to be posting it to prove.

Since I knew I had seen coverage of the press conference on CNN I just posted the link to prove him wrong.  I forgot about his problem with reading comprehension.

Yeah, when he said they didn't cover it; he most likely meant they didn't cover it live as other outlets did.

But probably easier just to question his reading comprehension.

What's the theme of this thread again?

(10-22-2020, 04:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, when he said they didn't cover it; he most likely meant they didn't cover it live as other outlets did.

Then he should have said that.

He has a habit of reading things and claiming they say something they don't.