Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tolerant Left at it again....again
(10-22-2020, 04:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, when he said they didn't cover it; he most likely meant they didn't cover it live as other outlets did.

But probably easier just to question his reading comprehension.

What's the theme of this thread again?

He may have meant that...why not let him say so?

Oh and the theme is that a group of people in San Francisco were violent this one time. 

And someone got punched somewhere too?

Anyway then everyone here said they shouldn't have been violent.

So the entire "left" isn't really tolerant or something. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-22-2020, 12:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I guess you find right-wing propaganda interesting.  Greenwalds claims about the CIA disseminating false information to affect domestic policy since 2016 are just not true.  If I am wrong please tell me what I am missing.

The intelligence community just said that these allegations based on sketchy sources fit the pattern of other Russian attempts to use disinformation to  influence the election.

The sources for this story were so sketchy that the guy who wrote the story for the Post refused to put his name on it.  Yet FoxNews is searing that all of these emails are 100% proven to be legitimate.

Even if the laptop did belong to Hunter Biden no one has presented any evidence to prove the emails are real.

Glenn Greenwald is a reporter with an excellent pedigree who is about as far from a right wing activist as you can get.  Attack the messenger all you like, I just found his statements interesting.
(10-22-2020, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah, not much of an insult or being condescending. 

You stated that you didn't expect him to be able to comprehend what he read, if he read it.  It's blatantly calling him stupid.  You constantly state you want the tone of this forum to change, yet you refuse to be the change you demand in others.  I've made a concerted effort in this regard and am hopefully patching things up with Dill.  Hopefully he'll see your behavior in this thread and realize the root of much of your conflict with others.  Seriously dude, if someone is engaging in a deliberately disingenuous argument, in your opinion, just stop the back and forth.  It's as easy as that.
(10-22-2020, 06:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You stated that you didn't expect him to be able to comprehend what he read, if he read it.  It's blatantly calling him stupid.  You constantly state you want the tone of this forum to change, yet you refuse to be the change you demand in others.  I've made a concerted effort in this regard and am hopefully patching things up with Dill.  Hopefully he'll see your behavior in this thread and realize the root of much of your conflict with others.  Seriously dude, if someone is engaging in a deliberately disingenuous argument, in your opinion, just stop the back and forth.  It's as easy as that.

Yeah I didn't think he would read it OR that he would understand (comprehend) that he disputed his claim that "Schiff lied".

But thanks for the guidance. I'll be sure to file it with the rest of the stuff you've suggested for me (and not the bffs) over the years. ThumbsUp

"back and forth"
(10-22-2020, 05:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Glenn Greenwald is a reporter with an excellent pedigree who is about as far from a right wing activist as you can get.  Attack the messenger all you like, I just found his statements interesting.

I did not attack the messenger.  I attacked the message.

I don't know anything about the CIA, NSA, and FBI using disinformation to influence domestic policy since 2016.  It seems like a bunch of made up lies to me.

Since you "found them interesting" please explain what he was talking about.
(10-22-2020, 07:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah I didn't think he would read it OR that he would understand (comprehend) that he disputed his claim that "Schiff lied".

But thanks for the guidance.  I'll be sure to file it with the rest of the stuff you've suggested for me (and not the bffs) over the years.  ThumbsUp

"back and forth"

So you admit you called him stupid.  Like I said, not exactly in the spirit of a conversation.  I know you won't take the advice, doesn't mean it shouldn't be offered.

(10-22-2020, 07:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not attack the messenger.  I attacked the message.

I don't know anything about the CIA, NSA, and FBI using disinformation to influence domestic policy since 2016.  It seems like a bunch of made up lies to me.

Since you "found them interesting" please explain what he was talking about.

You're not attacking the messenger, just accusing them of lying.  I see.  I find that interesting as well.
(10-22-2020, 08:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're not attacking the messenger, just accusing them of lying.  I see.  I find that interesting as well.

It is impossible to not call a person a liar when you say he tells lies.

Seems like some pretty twisted logic to me.  I never said anything about the messenger, yet you are turning it into an attack on the messenger.

Now, can we get back to discussing the actual message like I have been trying to do?

What was he talking about when he accused the CIA, NSA, and FBI of using disinformation to influence domestic policy since 2016?  What did you find "interesting" about those claims?  Did you believe they were true?
(10-22-2020, 08:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So you admit you called him stupid.  Like I said, not exactly in the spirit of a conversation.  I know you won't take the advice, doesn't mean it shouldn't be offered.

You're not attacking the messenger, just accusing them of lying.  I see.  I find that interesting as well.

I admit nothing of the sort.  One doesn't have to be "stupid" to not be able to understand something because it disagrees with what they already believe.

Maybe don't put words in my mouth?

"back and forth".
(10-22-2020, 08:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: I admit nothing of the sort.  One doesn't have to be "stupid" to not be able to understand something because it disagrees with what they already believe.

Maybe don't put words in my mouth?

"back and forth".

Nobody put the word in your mouth, you're the one that questioned dude's ability to mentally grasp what he reads "comprehend".

But I absolutely love that you and Fred continue to support the theme of the thread.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-22-2020, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nobody put the word in your mouth, you're the one that questioned dude's ability to mentally grasp what he reads "comprehend".

But I absolutely love that you and Fred continue to support the theme of the thread.

Being "tolerant" does not mean you can't call out people for saying things that are not true.
(10-22-2020, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nobody put the word in your mouth, you're the one that questioned dude's ability to mentally grasp what he reads "comprehend".

Uh oh...the clique is on message today!

I never ever called him "stupid".  I said I knew he wouldn't read what was written and understand that it opposed his already established view.

Careful though...your "tolerance" is showing.  Smirk
(10-22-2020, 05:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Anyway then everyone here said they shouldn't have been violent.

Well, not until after SOME were upset that the 'left' and/or 'antifa' were given credit for the violence.  ThumbsUp
(10-23-2020, 10:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: Uh oh...the clique is on message today!

I never ever called him "stupid".  I said I knew he wouldn't read what was written and understand that it opposed his already established view.

Careful though...your "tolerance" is showing.  Smirk
Nope this is what you said:

GMDino Wrote:I really didn't expect you to read or comprehend it and I was right.

It's one thing to insult someone's intelligence; it's another to try to insult  everyone's intelligence by expecting them to accept you making up what you said.

(10-22-2020, 09:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Being "tolerant" does not mean you can't call out people for saying things that are not true.

Who said you couldn't call people out for saying things not true.

The issue came when he insulted dude's intelligence.

You do comprehend the difference...didn't you?

(10-23-2020, 11:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope this is what you said:

It's one thing to insult someone's intelligence; it's another to try to insult  everyone's intelligence by expecting them to accept you making up what you said.

I'd love to continue your nuanced dissection of what *I* meant but SSF asked me to "stop the back and forth".  Mellow
(10-23-2020, 11:38 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'd love to continue your nuanced dissection of what *I* meant but SSF asked me to "stop the back and forth".  Mellow

I haven't dissected a thing. Folks can read and comprehend exactly what you wrote.

You were called out for personally attacking a forum member and now you feel compelled to "explain" your insult. Just own it and move on to the next one....you're safe. it appears most folks around here are tolerant of your posting style.

(10-23-2020, 11:38 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'd love to continue your nuanced dissection of what *I* meant but SSF asked me to "stop the back and forth".  Mellow

Oh, so now you're listening?  Cool
(10-23-2020, 11:45 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh, so now you're listening?  Cool

(10-23-2020, 11:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I haven't dissected a thing. Folks can read and comprehend exactly what you wrote.

You were called out for personally attacking a forum member and now you feel compelled to "explain" your insult. Just own it and move on to the next one....you're safe. it appears most folks around here are tolerant of your posting style.

Someone has to. Mellow
(10-23-2020, 11:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Who said you couldn't call people out for saying things not true.

The issue came when he insulted dude's intelligence.

You do comprehend the difference...didn't you?

You’ve been doing the same thing for years. Your stock and trade is passive aggressively insulting someone else’s intelligence. You would have to be a huge hypocrite to complain about it now.

And you shouldn’t be complaining about other’s integrity when you yourself lie then complain about seeking the truth or trying to have an honest debate.
(10-23-2020, 11:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Who said you couldn't call people out for saying things not true.

Your buddy SSF, that's who.  He said  that is a personal insult also because I am calling someone a liar.

No matter what I say to point out something wrong about a persons statement the snowflake patrol starts squealing about "personal attacks".