Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tolerant Left at it again....again
(10-22-2020, 09:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/adam-schiff-spokesman-ratcliffe-purposefully-misrepresenting-comments-about-hunter-biden-laptop-story

Like I said, he lied.  It's not a smear campaign or Russian disinformation.
(10-22-2020, 11:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like Fienstien learned her lesson after her scolding from Daddy Schumer; as no Dem on the Committee was present for the vote this AM. This should be a lesson to any Dem that makes the mistake of trying to find common ground.

Ya, pretty disgusting when you are not even allowed to be nice to the other side.  Who is being divisive again?  lol.
(10-22-2020, 11:19 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Like I said, he lied.  It's not a smear campaign or Russian disinformation.

I really didn't expect you to read or comprehend it and I was right.

(10-21-2020, 10:23 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: At least try to be objective.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-22-2020, 11:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: I really didn't expect you to read or comprehend it and I was right.

At the risk of being equally chastised; I read the link and a spokesman for Schumer stating Shumer's words were 'twisted" it not  categorical evidence did not play loose with the truth.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-22-2020, 11:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: I really didn't expect you to read or comprehend it and I was right.

Well thank you kind sir!  Someone has to be the message board dunce.  

I'm sorry I cannot live up to the high intellectual standard set forth by all the esteemed and highly educated here.

Is this kind of condescension really necessary?  It's certainly not conducive to having an actual conversation.
(10-22-2020, 09:36 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote:  Hell, CNN wouldn't even cover the long and exhaustive 7min FBI news conference yesterday.

This is a complete lie.  I saw their report on this news conference.

Where do you come up with this total bullshit?
(10-22-2020, 12:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Is this kind of condescension really necessary?  It's certainly not conducive to having an actual conversation.

It is not conductive to an actual conversation to refuse to read a link and then make a false comment on it.
(10-22-2020, 09:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/adam-schiff-spokesman-ratcliffe-purposefully-misrepresenting-comments-about-hunter-biden-laptop-story

A friend who watches Carlson pointed this video out to me.  No I don't watch him, or pretty much any television show for that matter, so don't bother trying to label me in this regard.  Glenn Greenwald absolutely tears into Schiff and the media coverage of this "scandal" in this clip.

I've absolutely disagreed with Greenwald on several things, but he absolutely cannot be painted as a GOP apologist, far from it.  I found these statements very interesting.
(10-22-2020, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not conductive to an actual conversation to refuse to read a link and then make a false comment on it.

How do you know he didn't read it?  You have an odd tendency to state things as factual that you cannot possibly know as a fact.
(10-22-2020, 11:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: At the risk of being equally chastised; I read the link and a spokesman for Schumer stating Shumer's words were 'twisted" it not  categorical evidence did not play loose with the truth.  

Not all "evident" of playing "loose with the truth".  

You can read what Schiff said and how it was repeated.  the only "twisting" was from the person accusing Schiff.

But its good to see people coming to other posters defense!  Smirk

(10-22-2020, 11:46 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Well thank you kind sir!  Someone has to be the message board dunce.  

I'm sorry I cannot live up to the high intellectual standard set forth by all the esteemed and highly educated here.

Just trying to help you be more objective.  Mellow
(10-22-2020, 12:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: How do you know he didn't read it?  You have an odd tendency to state things as factual that you cannot possibly know as a fact.

Well if he read it then he is unable to understand what it said.

I guess that is why Dino added "or comprehend".

So if he did read it and just was not able to understand it I apologize for my allegation.
I posted what Schiff said, how it was misrepresented and the response is that "Schiff lied".  No one who is being "objective" read the article and replied with such a purely partisan response.

That's followed by a Tucker Carlson clip?

Really?

[Image: latest?cb=20181130223324]
(10-22-2020, 12:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: But its good to see people coming to other posters defense!  Smirk

It is good. Just trying to be more in tune with what the "new forum" is about. We try to steer clear of personal attacks

(10-22-2020, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well if he read it then he is unable to understand what it said.

I guess that is why Dino added "or comprehend".

So if he did read it and just was not able to understand it I apologize for my allegation.

Yeah, not much of an insult or being condescending.  The lack of reading an article before responding is more normal than not around here.  I didn't expect someone who claims to want others to be "objective" to read something that disagreed with them or to admit what it says.

But so it is that the false narrative will get repeated over and over.
(10-22-2020, 11:19 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Like I said, he lied.  It's not a smear campaign or Russian disinformation.

Honestly, the two sides on this have dug in their heels on their positions without waiting for the facts to shake out. The veracity of the information from "Hunter Biden's laptop" has not been substantiated, and there isn't sufficient evidence of it being Russian disinformation at this time. Most of the claims that it is disinformation (including my statements that it likely is) are based upon previous actions by Russian intelligence in influencing elections in Europe as well as knowledge that Russians are targeting this election. However, it is based upon these assumptions and not rooted in the evidence for this specific incident.

Without knowing the full facts of the situation, everyone just needs to calm down.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-22-2020, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah, not much of an insult or being condescending.  The lack of reading an article before responding is more normal than not around here.  I didn't expect someone who claims to want others to be "objective" to read something that disagreed with them or to admit what it says.

But so it is that the false narrative will get repeated over and over.

No need to defend your constant insults. You're safe.

But dude obviously read it as he used words like "smear campaign" and "Russian disinformation" 

(10-22-2020, 12:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:   I found these statements very interesting.

I guess you find right-wing propaganda interesting.  Greenwalds claims about the CIA disseminating false information to affect domestic policy since 2016 are just not true.  If I am wrong please tell me what I am missing.

The intelligence community just said that these allegations based on sketchy sources fit the pattern of other Russian attempts to use disinformation to  influence the election.

The sources for this story were so sketchy that the guy who wrote the story for the Post refused to put his name on it.  Yet FoxNews is searing that all of these emails are 100% proven to be legitimate.

Even if the laptop did belong to Hunter Biden no one has presented any evidence to prove the emails are real.
(10-22-2020, 12:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, the two sides on this have dug in their heels on their positions without waiting for the facts to shake out. The veracity of the information from "Hunter Biden's laptop" has not been substantiated, and there isn't sufficient evidence of it being Russian disinformation at this time. Most of the claims that it is disinformation (including my statements that it likely is) are based upon previous actions by Russian intelligence in influencing elections in Europe as well as knowledge that Russians are targeting this election. However, it is based upon these assumptions and not rooted in the evidence for this specific incident.

Without knowing the full facts of the situation, everyone just needs to calm down.

Great post.

No one reads what is actually said.  They just twist it into what they want it to say.
(10-22-2020, 12:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, the two sides on this have dug in their heels on their positions without waiting for the facts to shake out. The veracity of the information from "Hunter Biden's laptop" has not been substantiated, and there isn't sufficient evidence of it being Russian disinformation at this time. Most of the claims that it is disinformation (including my statements that it likely is) are based upon previous actions by Russian intelligence in influencing elections in Europe as well as knowledge that Russians are targeting this election. However, it is based upon these assumptions and not rooted in the evidence for this specific incident.

I believe that is what I was pointing out when I shared the link with Schiff's statement.  What he said was based on everything else we know about other attempts.  That was twisted into him "lying".

But, hey, what do I know?  I'm just a poster on a political board.  Smirk