Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
{The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS MARVIN LEWIS' Mega Thread}
I want to first of all state, for the record, I believe we should win this game against Pittsburgh on Saturday.  This Pittsburgh team is one Cincinnati beat already this year, and maintained competitive when our starting QB got knocked out early in the first quarter of the second.  AJ has gained some valuable experience and has had time preparing the game plan around him while practicing w/ a healthy group of 1st stringers.  In addition, Pittsburgh lost to Baltimore and struggled against The Cleveland freaking Browns last week!

I don't know if AD will be healthy enough to play or not, but we should be able to win either way (I'd take AJ over either of these scrubs that caused Pittsburgh problems the past two weeks)...

But if this team were to lose this game this week, Marvin Lewis needs to go!
Yes, that's coming from me who most on these boards has seen as generally positive about this team (it's been a good year and I've had much to feel good about them since before the season began).  

Some of you are going to make excuses about Andy Dalton being injured, or the fact we won 12 games this year tying a franchise best win record.  Save your fingers and time, I don't believe most of us care.  What we do care about is winning games that matter, and if we lose this one, I believe Marvin's playoff record speaks loud enough to demand a change.  This team SHOULD win this week.  If not, they deserve better.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
This game is so huge for Marv. If he wins, make him a bust for the Bengals HOF the next day. If he loses, I'd like to see him hand the reigns over to Hue.

What Marv has accomplished in the regular season is amazing, but the playoff record has to change now.

Otherwise, he'll always be known for coaching good teams that never reached greatness.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:40 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This game is so huge for Marv. If he wins, make him a bust for the Bengals HOF the next day. If he loses, I'd like to see him hand the reigns over to Hue.

What Marv has accomplished in the regular season is amazing, but the playoff record has to change now.

Otherwise, he'll always be known for coaching good teams that never reached greatness.

I do hope Marvin prepares for this game like his job depends on it.  Because, it should.
With that said, I agree with your assessment also and hope that bust of Lewis gets made instead of the pink slip.  But it does depend on this game.
Reply/Quote
If we come out flat and look like shit then he needs to go. If we play well but McCarron struggles and we lose then no reason to get rid of Marvin.
Reply/Quote
I think your not going to find any fans who won't want him gone if this team comes out flat and unprepared for a fifth time in a row.

But this is the Bengals and we all know whats going to happen. We could lose to the Steelers 51-3 and a few months later we are all going to read about another contract extension. Im not being sarcastic. Marvin will leave Cincinnati when and only when Marvin is ready to leave.
Reply/Quote
I don't want to see a potential head coach walk out door again like with Zimmer so I'd like to see Hue take the job if Marvin can't get it together this season.

It's hard to argue with the argument that Marvin is the only constant during our blunders in the playoffs. The only 2 year I feel like Marvin had a pass was last season since the entire team was decimated and in 05 when the rug was pulled out from under the team when Palmer went down. I respect everything he's done for the team and I want him to succeed but how many more times can we watch this play out? I'm not saying Marvin is a bad coach or he can't win a playoff game but this team is stuck in a rut and we need a breath of fresh air and I think Hue can be that guy. I'd imagine Hue having experience with the franchise and the locker room would help ease the transition process too and we would be rolling right were we left off.
Reply/Quote
By the way, I have never called for Marvin's job before.
I've always defended him.

Not saying I have any impact in any decisions, because I don't, but when people like me give up on him, it's really time. I see Saturday as a must win for Marvin, an expected win from my point of view, and anything short of AFC Championship game, after the season they've had, as a disappointment.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:17 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I want to first of all state, for the record, I believe we should win this game against Pittsburgh on Saturday.  This Pittsburgh team is one Cincinnati beat already this year, and maintained competitive when our starting QB got knocked out early in the first quarter of the second.  AJ has gained some valuable experience and has had time preparing the game plan around him while practicing w/ a healthy group of 1st stringers.  In addition, Pittsburgh lost to Baltimore and struggled against The Cleveland freaking Browns last week!

I don't know if AD will be healthy enough to play or not, but we should be able to win either way (I'd take AJ over either of these scrubs that caused Pittsburgh problems the past two weeks)...

Yes, that's coming from me who most on these boards has seen as generally positive about this team (it's been a good year and I've had much to feel good about them since before the season began).  

Some of you are going to make excuses about Andy Dalton being injured, or the fact we won 12 games this year tying a franchise best win record.  Save your fingers and time, I don't believe most of us care.  What we do care about is winning games that matter, and if we lose this one, I believe Marvin's playoff record speaks loud enough to demand a change.  This team SHOULD win this week.  If not, they deserve better.

I believe if Marvin wins this game.. he should be given a 10 year contract since this team is the underdog coming in and is expected to lose  with a backup QB. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 01:40 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I don't want to see a potential head coach walk out door again like with Zimmer so I'd like to see Hue take the job if Marvin can't get it together this season.

It's hard to argue with the argument that Marvin is the only constant during our blunders in the playoffs. The only 2 year I feel like Marvin had a pass was last season since the entire team was decimated and in 05 when the rug was pulled out from under the team when Palmer went down. I respect everything he's done for the team and I want him to succeed but how many more times can we watch this play out? I'm not saying Marvin is a bad coach or he can't win a playoff game but this team is stuck in a rut and we need a breath of fresh air and I think Hue can be that guy. I'd imagine Hue having experience with the franchise and the locker room would help ease the transition process too and we would be rolling right were we left off.

Of the last 4 years, we were favored in one game that was San Diego and that game was the only one at home.. Indy we were a semi pro team.. Both games were in Houston and we were the underdogs in both.. For me I see one terrible lose and three games we were expected to lose and did.. Still sucks being 0-4 in those games but I really only put major blame on one of those games is that is the Chargers game....
Reply/Quote
There's a lot at stake for Marvin in this game, to me.
Win, and he extends his career in Cincinnati for at least 2-3 years regardless what happens next.
Lose, and he should be fired.

With the history to this point, which extends beyond just the past 4 years, there is no middle ground in this decision. It's like The Biggest Loser - lose on Saturday, you fall below the yellow line.
Reply/Quote
God forbid we lose Saturday, but I'll be SHOCKED if he's fired
Reply/Quote
I'm at the point that if we lose and they let Hue walk, i'm walking too. I don't feel like I should have to defend my fandom because I have been one for over 35 years. I recently just gave up on the Reds as well but that has more to do with the state of baseball than the team itself.

It is what it is. I have put a lot of time, money, and emotion into this team with very little reward in return. And i'm sick of it. It's not only the Bengals PO record that gets to me it's the PT record as well. All of these problems have already been documented on this forum.

In my heart I gave up on Marvin after the Chargers loss. My official opinion of him is like many on here and that is he is a fabulous judge of talent and damn fine regular season 1pm coach. He brought Cincy out of the depths of hell and for that I will always remember him fondly.

However, regardless of all this he must win on Saturday or replaced by Hue if he doesn't or i'm out. I'll go watch the local HS teams instead.

(of coarse i could change my mind about all of this because like I said, been a fan a long time and walking away from this may be impossible at this point in my life. But damn it, as of the past few months this is where I stand)

Win the ***** game Marvin.

Reply/Quote
I doubt Marvin will be fired if we lose the game Saturday. He might not get an extension, but I don't think Mike Brown will cut Mavins contract short.
Reply/Quote
Question 
Instead of win the damn game Marvin.

I think it should be win the damn game for Marvin.

When it comes to this time of year ,I'm of the opinion the coaches have prepped you all year for this. They have given you a game plan (Get it down pat).

Football is not about the coaches at this point.

It's about the players.

It's about

"Who wants it?"

Who Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:07 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Of the last 4 years, we were favored in one game that was San Diego and that game was the only one at home.. Indy we were a semi pro team.. Both games were in Houston and we were the underdogs in both.. For me I see one terrible lose and three games we were expected to lose and did.. Still sucks being 0-4 in those games but I really only put major blame on one of those games is that is the Chargers game....

Favored or not doesn't matter. Gotta go in and get a W. That's what is expected.

The bookies do not write the outcome, nor does the betting public.

Reply/Quote
I personally think Marvin should have been gone after the 4th Playoff loss.

The poop either floats to the top or sinks to the bottom. In this case it has floated to the top. Marvin doesn't know how to get his team ready for Primetime or Playoff games. PERIOD.

And it seems to me the Bengals Ownership is happy just to get into the playoffs year after year and do nothing from there - If that's the case, might as well just stick with Marvin

A blind squirrel gets a nut every once in a while
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 08:25 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I'm at the point that if we lose and they let Hue walk, i'm walking too. I don't feel like I should have to defend my fandom because I have been one for over 35 years. I recently just gave up on the Reds as well but that has more to do with the state of baseball than the team itself.

It is what it is. I have put a lot of time, money, and emotion into this team with very little reward in return. And i'm sick of it. It's not only the Bengals PO record that gets to me it's the PT record as well. All of these problems have already been documented on this forum.

In my heart I gave up on Marvin after the Chargers loss. My official opinion of him is like many on here and that is he is a fabulous judge of talent and damn fine regular season 1pm coach. He brought Cincy out of the depths of hell and for that I will always remember him fondly.

However, regardless of all this he must win on Saturday or replaced by Hue if he doesn't or i'm out. I'll go watch the local HS teams instead.

(of coarse i could change my mind about all of this because like I said, been a fan a long time and walking away from this may be impossible at this point in my life. But damn it, as of the past few months this is where I stand)

You are not a "long time fan" if you are bailing when we are on a fiver year playoff run.

If poor play really upset you that much you would have bailed when we sucked just a few years ago.

Seriously, who roots for a team when they lose and then leaves when they win?  That makes zero sense.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 10:22 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Favored or not doesn't matter. Gotta go in and get a W. That's what is expected.

The bookies do not write the outcome, nor does the betting public.

But how can you blame the coach when the other team has more talent?  All coaches need good players to win.  The 2011 team was one of the biggest OVERACHIEVERS in recent NFL history.  All the experts claimed that based on our talent we would be the worst team in the league, but you are going to rip the coach for taking that team to the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:17 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I want to first of all state, for the record, I believe we should win this game against Pittsburgh on Saturday.  This Pittsburgh team is one Cincinnati beat already this year, and maintained competitive when our starting QB got knocked out early in the first quarter of the second.  AJ has gained some valuable experience and has had time preparing the game plan around him while practicing w/ a healthy group of 1st stringers.  In addition, Pittsburgh lost to Baltimore and struggled against The Cleveland freaking Browns last week!

How can you blame the coach when the most important offensive player will not be on the field? Last year sadly Dalton was the only guy on offense on the field it seemed.

Who thats available is gonna be better than marvin and would mesh with what we currently have in place? You dont need to blow up and 12-4 team a tie breaker away from a Bye Week.

But with the amount of free agents this offseason it would be a good time to do it... Just who. Who is gonna be the guy?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 08:25 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I'm at the point that if we lose and they let Hue walk, i'm walking too. I don't feel like I should have to defend my fandom because I have been one for over 35 years. I recently just gave up on the Reds as well but that has more to do with the state of baseball than the team itself.

Dispite the playoff losses if you have been a fan of the team for the past 35 years... then the last 5 have been the best of those.
Reply/Quote