Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Vontaze Burfict Rule
(04-03-2016, 07:06 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I found this online. I don't recall computers ever looking like this but my great grandfather swears that he thinks that they did at one point, when he has just an infant. So maybe it is true that they did win one once. 

I made video games on that sucker.

I started on one of these......

[Image: trs80-i.jpg]

I was soooo thankful when disk drives came along.
:heart:
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 07:06 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I found this online. I don't recall computers ever looking like this but my great grandfather swears that he thinks that they did at one point, when he has just an infant. So maybe it is true that they did win one once. 

I'm only 30 and I used computers like that.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 01:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm only 30 and I used computers like that.

A couple 14 year olds banging back to back, and a 3 year old Biz could be right on the money. 

Don't doubt.  Cool

Disclaimer: My best friend at the time (back in the day), was 14 when he knocked up his g/f. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 01:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A couple 14 year olds banging back to back, and a 3 year old Biz could be right on the money. 

Don't doubt.  Cool

Disclaimer: My best friend at the time (back in the day), was 14 when he knocked up his g/f. 

Oh, believe me, I knew some folks that decided to get a jump start on their family as well. I think a lot of us live in areas where there isn't much else for teenagers to do, after all. LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 09:40 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I made video games on that sucker.

I started on one of these......

[Image: trs80-i.jpg]

I was soooo thankful when disk drives came along.
:heart:

[Image: commodore64_setup_sm.jpg]

I had everything except the monitor and modem.  I guess around 1985 or 1986?  Then I took it college my senior year 1990-91.

In fact I had it in a box in our basement and simply threw it away maybe ten years ago because my wife and I thought it was worthless.  Turns out they are collected now.  Doh!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 04:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, believe me, I knew some folks that decided to get a jump start on their family as well. I think a lot of us live in areas where there isn't much else for teenagers to do, after all. LOL

I can verify that the West Virginia stereotypes are true. I've got family about an hour south of Morgantown. My cousin is 6 years younger than me but has been a grandmother for a few years now (my kids are 14,10,6). She had her first at like 15 or 16. And she's not rare. Almost every girl down there is a mother by 21. I guess that all that there is to do down there is toss cow shit and screw.  
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 07:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: commodore64_setup_sm.jpg]

I had everything except the monitor and modem.  I guess around 1985 or 1986?  Then I took it college my senior year 1990-91.

In fact I had it in a box in our basement and simply threw it away maybe ten years ago because my wife and I thought it was worthless.  Turns out they are collected now.  Doh!

I finally got my own computer in 1986, I think.
It was a C128 color.
I started on the Tandy PCs when I was in 6th grade.

After high school, I was burnt out and never looked at another screen for 7-8 years.
Shocked
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 03:40 PM)Griever Wrote: still sour over keith rivers being wired shut for not having his head on a swivel?

I could care less about rivers jaw, he wasn't worth the signing anyway! I think heiny got his due justice!

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 10:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Is it like how the Bengals were "gonna get" Ward for all those years?

Like how they promised he'd "get his"...one day.  But he never did?

Is it like that?
That asshole got his!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7snpiV1ei1Y

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 08:32 PM)6andcounting Wrote: That and the folklore about the origins of the noodles in cincinnatti spaghetti are my two favorite southwestern Ohio myths.

Reminds me of the urban legend that Steelers fans "travel well" and wear deodorant. 

All the evidence is to the contrary, but it's fun to speculate.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 10:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Is it like how the Bengals were "gonna get" Ward for all those years?

Like how they promised he'd "get his"...one day.  But he never did?

Is it like that?

That steeler karma is returning to them...it's name is Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 12:16 PM)Beaker Wrote: That steeler karma is returning to them...it's name is Burfict.

Because that worked out so well for the Bengals ... 

[Image: abhit.0.gif]

[Image: kickpit.0.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 12asq3.jpg]
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:31 PM)Garrus Wrote: He is a good QB so this is weak smack. Besides, I don't care about getting playoff wins, I care about winning a Super Bowl, which we weren't doing without Dalton.

not winning with him either
People suck
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 08:50 AM)Griever Wrote: not winning with him either

Peyton Manning didn't win a single playoff game until his 6th season. 

Fatty face McRapeyPants was a passenger for all of his early playoff wins.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 12:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Peyton Manning didn't win a single playoff game until his 6th season. 

yeah that was the case in 2004

he might have stunk it up in super bowl 40, but they don't make it there without him, and they don't win in 08 without him

dalton is just looking to score another TD in a playoff game
People suck
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 12:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Peyton Manning didn't win a single playoff game until his 6th season. 

Manning only lost three before that.  

Not five.

In consecutive seasons.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 01:59 PM)Griever Wrote: yeah that was the case in 2004

he might have stunk it up in super bowl 40, but they don't make it there without him, and they don't win in 08 without him

dalton is just looking to score another TD in a playoff game

It was also the case in 2005, when Piggy averaged 23 attempts in the playoffs while riding fast Willie and that defense.

I'd think a Steelers fan would know these things. Since Ben has been asked to carry the load more (2011), he's a whopping 1-3 in the playoffs with 3 TDs. 

(04-11-2016, 02:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Manning only lost three before that.  

Not five.

In consecutive seasons.

Mellow

Dalton has lost 4 games. Didn't you notice who the opposing QB was this past January?

So yeah wow, Dalton has lost 1 more playoff game than Manning did at the same point in his career. I guess Dalton is worse for making the playoffs an extra time.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 09:43 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Because that worked out so well for the Bengals ...

Clearly you dont understand karma.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 06:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It was also the case in 2005, when Piggy averaged 23 attempts in the playoffs while riding fast Willie and that defense.

I'd think a Steelers fan would know these things. Since Ben has been asked to carry the load more (2011), he's a whopping 1-3 in the playoffs with 3 TDs. 

Dalton has lost 4 games. Didn't you notice who the opposing QB was this past January?

So yeah wow, Dalton has lost 1 more playoff game than Manning did at the same point in his career. I guess Dalton is worse for making the playoffs an extra time.

No...just worse.   Mellow
Reply/Quote