Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The War on Disney
(04-09-2022, 11:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: What Disney characters showed anything on a sexual level?

This sounds more and more like projection.

So, psychologically speaking what we seem to be seeing here is that some people refuse to acknowledge that human sexuality is a spectrum that is just a facet of one's identity. Instead, they seem to think that someone being anything other than what they have been conditioned to believe is "normal", i.e. cishet, is inherently sexual. They fetishize the LGBTQ+ community and see it as nothing but that. It is really the only plausible explanation that I can come up with.

For the record, I am being 100% serious with this post. I know I get snarky a lot when I pull out the academic talk, but this is legitimately what it looks like. When the right wing expends so much energy to not give sexualities other than heterosexual the same rights and you combine it with this, it makes sense that they see it only as fetish and not a part of one's identity to be not straight and not cis. Essentially it is an attempt to argue that nothing other than cishet is real so they don't need rights. That is the underlying reasoning behind their commentary.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 06:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, psychologically speaking what we seem to be seeing here is that some people refuse to acknowledge that human sexuality is a spectrum that is just a facet of one's identity. Instead, they seem to think that someone being anything other than what they have been conditioned to believe is "normal", i.e. cishet, is inherently sexual. They fetishize the LGBTQ+ community and see it as nothing but that. It is really the only plausible explanation that I can come up with.

I was dragged along on a trip with my mom and sister and my brother in law and a handful of his friends and I swear to whatever god you believe in that those guys were convinced gay men were gross and also constantly trying to get with them.  We were out to dinner at some place and they were going on and on about gay this and gay that and I, with genuine amazed exasperation, just said "Geez, you guys talk about gay men a lot."

At any rate, part of the strategy of any "us vs them" argument is to make your "opponents" look as insane and extreme as possible so in the view of the ultra-conservatives social spectrum it is required to view and describe (and imagine) gay people being as maniacally sexual and deviant as possible.  This is one situation where in order to discredit a group of people it is required for conservatives to imagine men being an hyper sexual and homosexual as possible.  Tasty stuff really.

But yea, it's Schrodinger's homosexual...he's a disease-spreading and insatiable organism of meaningless sex and promiscuity...but we can't recognize him wanting to be monogamous and as boring in the bedroom as your typical married straight couple, either. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote