Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The entire o line is the problem
A bunch of undrafted o linemen, busts, and An average when he’s not hurt LT is the problem.

Blow it all up.
Reply/Quote
The OL is definitely the weak link on the team. They sucked in front of the world tonight. I see a big focus on the OL coming this offseason.
Reply/Quote
Our coaches got comfy in the 2nd half with our O-line. Big mistake that it cost us the game. The rams made the necessary changes on the right side and it worked and won them the bowl, simple as that.
Reply/Quote
Also add in the Rams put MONEY into their pass rush

They were lowkey supposed to win eventually

Sucks it had to be against us tho
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:42 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Our coaches got comfy in the 2nd half with our O-line. Big mistake that it cost us the game.   The rams made the necessary changes on the right side and it worked and won them the bowl, simple as that.

Absolutely.  Burrow started holding the ball thinking the protection was going to hold and then the sacks started piling up and the hole kept getting deeper and deeper.  

You can trace the o-line's suckage right to the point when our guy pushed Donald after Donald shoved Burrow out of bounds.  That woke Donald up and we never adjusted.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, let’s be honest it’s amazing we made it to the Super Bowl with this offensive line. I don’t remember any team I can compare them to when it comes to the bad offensive line play and actually making it that far.
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs had a garbage O-line just last year.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I think when emotions calm down, there's a discussion to be had if Pollack is overrated. How is it Alexander is still the best Oline coach we've had?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'd still keep Spain, but the rest can certainly and easily be upgraded upon.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:44 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think when emotions calm down, there's a discussion to be had if Pollack is overrated. How is it Alexander is still the best Oline coach we've had?

Jim McNally was the best O-Line coach we had.
Reply/Quote
I’d keep Jonah and Spain and blow up the rest. I want to see a new C, RG, and RT.
Reply/Quote
RG and RT are not starting caliber, C is ranked 35/39 on the season, LG is hit or miss, LT is the best on our team but not dominating.

Yet people demand we continue to pay a 3-5 reception per game slot wr $10M per year for 2 more years because... they like him.

Replace every player not producing at their pay-rate and use the funds on oline. A great oline with a great QB will be explosive with 2 great WR, a very good RB, an average TE and average slot. Pay accordingly.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:44 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think when emotions calm down, there's a discussion to be had if Pollack is overrated. How is it Alexander is still the best Oline coach we've had?

What is Pollack supposed to do with Akeem Adeniji and Isiah Prince against Aaron Donald and Von Miller? Did you not see the Chiefs OL last year in the Super Bowl when they were forced to play backups?

Reply/Quote
Nico I'm not doing this with you tonight. I said what I said.

It hasn't been just the Rams, and it hasn't been just Adeniji and Prince.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:57 AM)casear2727 Wrote: RG and RT are not starting caliber, C is ranked 35/39 on the season, LG is hit or miss, LT is the best on our team but not dominating.

Yet people demand we continue to pay a 3-5 reception per game slot wr $10M per year for 2 more years because... they like him.

Replace every player not producing at their pay-rate and use the funds on oline. A great oline with a great QB will be explosive with 2 great WR, a very good RB, an average TE and average slot. Pay accordingly.

Was the thread you already started about Boyd not enough? They can sign multiple OL with what they save on cutting Waynes alone. Boyd has nothing to do with it.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:01 AM)jj22 Wrote: Nico I'm not doing this with you tonight. I said what I said.

So no answer. Got it. But I agree, Pollack should have been able to coach up a couple of backups well enough to stop 2 HoF pass rushers. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So no answer. Got it. But I agree, Pollack should have been able to coach up a couple of backups well enough to stop 2 HoF pass rushers. Ninja

Ignore the whole season because you can't take other peoples opinions.

Your act is old around here. 

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So no answer. Got it. But I agree, Pollack should have been able to coach up a couple of backups well enough to stop 2 HoF pass rushers. Ninja

Burrow was sacked more than any qb this year..
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:01 AM)jj22 Wrote: Nico I'm not doing this with you tonight. I said what I said.

It hasn't been just the Rams, and it hasn't been just Adeniji and Prince.

It’s mostly been them, yes. Jonah and Spain are fine. You can win with them. And Hopkins got better as the season went on. The biggest problem all year was RG, and then RT once Reiff went down.

Reply/Quote

I agree. The main issue on the line was the right side - they overloaded it constantly and we had zero schematic response to it. Prince is okay as a backup and so is Adeniji - they aren't starters. 
Reply/Quote