Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The incessant, weekly, cut Nugent extravaganza!!!
When is enough enough? This guy has had more chances than any kicker deserves and continues to come up short. Only the Bengals reward ineptitude for this long.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 06:26 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: When is enough enough?  This guy has had more chances than any kicker deserves and continues to come up short.  Only the Bengals reward ineptitude for this long.

Makes way too much sense for Nugent to get  cut. Bengals management is the embodiment of insanity. "doing the same thing over and over expecting different results" 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 06:27 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Makes way too much sense for Nugent to get  cut. Bengals management is the embodiment of insanity. "doing the same thing over and over expecting different results" 

Too bad my wallet doesn't feel the same way. This team has broken me as a fan, starting last year in the playoffs. I've had enough. Someone want to buy some seats? Cheap as F.
[Image: 8lCdYWF.gif]
Reply/Quote
Some delusional jagoff and/or buckeye fan will be along to defend him momentarily
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 06:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Some delusional jagoff and/or buckeye fan will be along to defend him momentarily
Not me!!! Thanks for the compliments though. I have wanted Nugent GONE for years, but not as long as I have wanted Mikey Cry GONE!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 06:35 PM)FuZZ Wrote: Too bad my wallet doesn't feel the same way. This team has broken me as a fan, starting last year in the playoffs. I've had enough. Someone want to buy some seats? Cheap as F.
Uh... Nope!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
All they're going to do is bring in some kickers on Tuesday to "work out" then immediately send them on their way and then tell Nugent:
"Okay Mike, don't let it happen again or else......We may work out ANOTHER group of kickers next week. Oh Mike, I can't stay mad at you come here.."
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 06:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Some delusional jagoff and/or buckeye fan will be along to defend him momentarily

But, there's nobody better available.  You just want to sign someone off the street?  We can't make a change just for the sake of changing.  Won't someone please think of the '90s?!!!

There, those should hold us for a while.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Another week, another shank. Marvin got sucked into believing that Tucker was Nugent-esque when he declined a penalty leaving the Ravens with a 57 harder. Tucker, a legitimate NFL kicker, lobbied for the chance, stepped out on the field, and crushed it. Imagine if the Bengals had a kicker semi-capable of such feats...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Marvin will trot out another bullshit excuse to cover his ass this week. Should have been gone long ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One of my friends who kicked in college educated me about kickers and, according to my friend, once a kicker's confidence is shot, it rarely returns. He also broke down Mike Nugent's technique and explained why he's inconsistent; basically, his posture changes as he makes the kick much like a golfer who stands up through impact and pushes the ball dead right. Then my kicker friend told me why Justin Tucker makes everything. He has perfect technique.
Reply/Quote
If he doesn't get cut...  there really is no defending it.

After today's game he has to be the worst in the league.

If Marv takes his back again, it is solely for cheapness and being lazy.

If Nugent remains on the roster they should trot his ass out there anytime they cross mid field.

Force that bastard to kick until his leg falls off.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: One of my friends who kicked in college educated me about kickers and, according to my friend, once a kicker's confidence is shot, it rarely returns.  He also broke down Mike Nugent's technique and explained why he's inconsistent; basically, his posture changes as he makes the kick much like a golfer who stands up through impact and pushes the ball dead right.  Then my kicker friend told me why Justin Tucker makes everything. He has perfect technique.

Is your friend doing anything next Sunday about 1:00 and the four weekends after that?  
Reply/Quote
Stick his ass on Fountain Square

[Image: sucubus_zpsgyvntzgi.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Is your friend doing anything next Sunday about 1:00 and the four weekends after that?  

I have no idea if he tried kicking after his 2015 hip replacement.... Nervous
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I have no idea if he tried kicking after his 2015 hip replacement.... Nervous

Right now everyone drawing breath and not in jail should be an option.
Reply/Quote
Shy would the guy that is 0 -7 in the playoffs cut a kicker that fails all the time
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:45 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Marvin will trot out another bullshit excuse to cover his ass this week. Should have been gone long ago.

Marvin IS a trotting bullshit excuse for a head coach.
Reply/Quote

Why is being a Buckeyes fan always looked at as a bad thing around here? I've been a Buckeyes fan my whole life, just like the Bengals. Fans of other college programs defend players from their school just as much. Are people just upset that the Buckeyes would probably kick the Bengals' ass?

That's not really directed at the poster I quoted, it's just Buckeyes fans catch a lot of unnecessary and undeserved heat on here.

As for Nugent, I've wanted his sorry ass gone for a couple of seasons at least. How this guy is still on the team absolutely blows my mind.
Reply/Quote
Are we sure that Nugent and Marvin aren't sleeper agents, paid off by the NFL and all the owners, including Mikey, to ensure the Bengals never win a Super Bowl? It's all starting to come together now...

This is sarcasm of course, but I was trying to think of rational ideas as to why Nugent is still on this team.
Reply/Quote