Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new symbol of hate
(02-27-2019, 03:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks will look for any slant they can find to sooth their cognitive dissonance and try to explain their hatred to themselves.

The OP was a video of one kid bullying another for the way he was dressed and the best we can come up with is "Trump's fault". 

It's the media's desire to attach hate to the symbol and someone is going to get hurt because of it. Any it's simply because folks don't like the current POTUS. 

Again a total failure to explain why Trump hats are different from Obama or Bush hats.

You using the term "cognitive dissonance" while dodging this issue is kind of funny.

The media is not the one who made the Klan and the Nazis adopt Trump hats.  The media did not make Trump lie about his connection to David Duke.  The media did not make Trump be so aggressively insulting.  The media did not make Trump promote violence.

Yes, people don't like Trump hats because they don't like Trump.  But the media has nothing to do with it.  The media are just doing exactly what they did when Obama and Bush were in office.  They report on what the President says and does.

The MAGA hat has become a symbol of hatred because Trump is a symbol of hatred.  That is why the hate groups like the Klan and the Nazi's support him.
(02-27-2019, 03:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, I mean the hat definitely draws the ire of the left.

And the right knows that.

That's the main reason they wear them.

One of my best friends, a few weeks ago, showed up to my house smirking and wearing his MAGA hat. He thought he was pissing me off. We were going to a music shop together, so I took his hat off and put it on my head, and said "let's go man!" I didn't get any hostile people, but I did get weird looks a couple of times lol.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
(02-27-2019, 03:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It wasn't kid on kid.
Adult on minor.

you have a new source other than OP?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-27-2019, 03:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: trump_supporters_confederate_flag-620x412.jpg]

[Image: trumpconfederateflag2.jpg?w=640]

The "Party of Lincoln" waving the flag of the country he defeated. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-27-2019, 03:37 PM)jmccracky Wrote: One of my best friends, a few weeks ago, showed up to my house smirking and wearing his MAGA hat. He thought he was pissing me off. We were going to a music shop together, so I took his hat off and put it on my head, and said "let's go man!" I didn't get any hostile people, but I did get weird looks a couple of times lol.

"hey, i didnt know mccracky was a racist half-wit.  he's doing really well for himself.  good for him, driving his own car.  wow."
(02-27-2019, 03:36 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No it isn't?
I wear it because I support Trump.

If you or anyone else has a problem with the "MAGA" hat, then that's a YOU problem, not mine.
I'm not doing anything to incite you, you are simply inciting yourself.

If you chose to wear the hat supporting a man who promotes hatred and violence then you are going to be judged accordingly.

Wearing a hat does not justify violence, but you will be judged by who you support.
(02-27-2019, 03:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah,because folks love to get assaulted. 

Well, they want to piss people off, not get assaulted.
(02-27-2019, 03:37 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: you have a new source other than OP?  

https://www.enidnews.com/oklahoma/student-altercation-at-santa-fe-involves-trump-hat-banner/article_bc8ae61d-0d06-55e0-bab1-b2c6c67eec9f.html

The video shows an 18-year-old African-American male and a white underage male involved in the incident, Edmond Police spokeswoman Jenny Wagnon said. The underage student was wearing a red hat stating “Make America Great Again” and carrying a banner.
(02-27-2019, 03:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Actually this example is almost perfect for this one.

First we have an Adult and a Minor.
At the Edmond School the Adult was the aggressor towards the minor, so back to the old is it right for an adult to aggressively confront a minor?

They were both high school students.

The "adult" was cited for violating school rules.

C'mon snowflake, you are really stretching on this one.
People who wear that hat are asking for it. Goth kids in high school? Guy in a Steelers jersey in a Bengals bar? Chick in a short skirt who walks by a cliched construction site? Person who wears an "I love abortion" shirt to a pro life rally? Black guy who exists? People who wander around the south side of Chicago at night? All asking for it.

Fair? Nope. Life isn't fair.

But seriously, the MAGA hatted folks are like the goth kids in high school. Look how edge and non-conformist I am. What are you looking at? Do I offend you? Oooh, please tell me you are offended. Offending the squares...priceless.
(02-27-2019, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So far it appears that I am the only one with an explanation of why Trump's MAGA hats inspire more hatred than any gear from Obama or Bush ever did.

It's nice to see you admitting that the left is full of hate. ThumbsUp
(02-27-2019, 03:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's nice to see you admitting that the left is full of hate. ThumbsUp

Americans are full of hate...get with it.  We are unduly angry and violent for a society with so much else to do.  We aren't hateful because of Trump so much as Trump is our president because he represents our society.

Ah, but maybe looking at hatred as a "my side vs your side" issue will straighten us out this time. *holds breath*
(02-27-2019, 01:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll wait for Pat to call out your post for being snark and lacking substance. 

Or I could call out this whole thread where you demonize an 18 year old student for knocking the hat off another student's head considering you also started a thread where you defended a 40 year old slugging an 11 year old girl in the face because she "attacked him 3 times" (lol, she didn't).

Jerry

Keep up the quality threads, BLucie32 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Speaking on the school incident, I don't know why they would go beyond the school level. The 18 year old needs to understand their actions at school can have greater consequences now that they're 18, but this should be addressed at the school level and the student needs to face a school consequence.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-27-2019, 03:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's nice to see you admitting that the left is full of hate. ThumbsUp

I am proud of hating racism.

Too bad your side does not feel the same.
Snowflakes who are upset that people say bad things about them for wearing a MAGA hat are like women who put glitter on their breasts and then act upset when guys look at them.
(02-27-2019, 04:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am proud of hating racism.

Too bad your side does not feel the same.

My side hates racism. We just hate ACTUAL racism.  ThumbsUp
(02-27-2019, 04:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: My side hates racism. We just hate ACTUAL racism.  ThumbsUp

Is MAGA hat a race now?  I mean, they could probably make a case for a disability classification or something, but still.
(02-27-2019, 04:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: My side hates racism. We just hate ACTUAL racism.  ThumbsUp

Since the White Supremacists, Neo-Nazi's, and Klan are all on your side I think I know what you mean by "actual" racism.

But it is nice to see you admitting the right is full of hate.
(02-27-2019, 04:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Speaking on the school incident, I don't know why they would go beyond the school level. The 18 year old needs to understand their actions at school can have greater consequences now that they're 18, but this should be addressed at the school level and the student needs to face a school consequence.

But the hat Pat...what about the hat?!?!  It's a "symbol".  Mellow
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.