Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new symbol of hate
(02-27-2019, 02:07 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: **** your hat bro

That's racist!  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-27-2019, 01:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: This is about the Steelers isn't it? Nervous

[Image: $_35.JPG?set_id=2]

Ain't a jury in the world...
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-27-2019, 02:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You still don't explain why Trumps MAGA hats inspire more hatred than Bush or Obama gear.  It is because Trump is aggressively insulting and promotes violence while Obama and Bush did not.

Let's assume this is 100% accurate, how does that excuse non-trump supporters thinking it's okay to be violent to someone wearing a MAGA hat?

By your logic, it's okay for me to be violent to leftist as they've become more increasingly anti-white-Christian-males.
(02-27-2019, 02:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Let's assume this is 100% accurate, how does that excuse non-trump supporters thinking it's okay to be violent to someone wearing a MAGA hat?

By your logic, it's okay for me to be violent to leftist as they've become more increasingly anti-white-Christian-males.

Fail.

(02-27-2019, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The behavior is wrong from both sides, but Donald Trump is the only one actively supporting physical violence.  
So far it appears that I am the only one with an explanation of why Trump's MAGA hats inspire more hatred than any gear from Obama or Bush ever did.
A lot of people take issue with the implication that America is no longer as great as it once were and they want to know which time period is being referred to as the pinnacle of American greatness.

For example, former recipient of the official Trump endorsement (and likely pedophile) Roy Moore said that America was "great" prior to the civil war after a black man asked him what Trump meant by MAGA.

America has moved increasingly towards protecting more and more classes of people, so any suggestion that we were great prior to this is going to be viewed as pushback against civil rights.

The hats have also been adopted by members of the groups on the alt right who spread hateful rhetoric.

It's unfair to suggest anyone who wears this hat represents that. To some, it's just a shallow slogan that shows support for a terrible person that they think wants to help them.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-27-2019, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, yeah, but this thread was more about how the MAGA hats are becoming a symbol of hate.

We have the Covington kid and Sollett assault as recent examples as where there was not one dix, but a systemic attempt to attach the hat to hate, all the while proving the exact opposite.

BTW, are you putting words in his mouth? 

I did say "I think that was his point." Didn't I? I left it open to me being wrong. We can let him respond if I am wrong. 

I will say this, I think anyone should be able to wear a hat and not be called names or have acts of violence towards them. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
(02-27-2019, 02:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: A lot of people take issue with the implication that America is no longer as great as it once were and they want to know which time period is being referred to as the pinnacle of American greatness.

For example, former recipient of the official Trump endorsement (and likely pedophile) Roy Moore said that America was "great" prior to the civil war after a black man asked him what Trump meant by MAGA.

America has moved increasingly towards protecting more and more classes of people, so any suggestion that we were great prior to this is going to be viewed as pushback against civil rights.

The hats have also been adopted by members of the groups on the alt right who spread hateful rhetoric.

It's unfair to suggest anyone who wears this hat represents that. To some, it's just a shallow slogan that shows support for a terrible person that they think wants to help them.

Here's a guy who was misidentified as being at the Charlottesville rally.

[Image: JoeySalads.png]

According to the story about his misidentification he was very upset at that.  Yes he was wearing a Nazi armband.  Yes he had a MAGA hat on.  But he WASN'T at the other rally!  

Now, WHY these "symbols" get associated with hate I can't say.
[Image: nazi-flag-at-bloomsburg-fair-2.jpg]

[Image: 30505215610_5eec2719c2_b.jpg]

[Image: trump_supporters_confederate_flag-620x412.jpg]

[Image: trumpconfederateflag2.jpg?w=640]
(02-27-2019, 03:01 PM)jmccracky Wrote: I did say "I think that was his point." Didn't I? I left it open to me being wrong. We can let him respond if I am wrong. 

I will say this, I think anyone should be able to wear a hat and not be called names or have acts of violence towards them. 

Nah, I know you didn't put words in his mouth; that's why I posed it as a question. I was hoping the resident expert who chime in.

I do agree with your your thoughts on wearing the hat.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-27-2019, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, yeah, but this thread was more about how the MAGA hats are becoming a symbol of hate.

We have the Covington kid and Sollett assault as recent examples as where there was not one dix, but a systemic attempt to attach the hat to hate, all the while proving the exact opposite.

BTW, are you putting words in his mouth? 

Actually this example is almost perfect for this one.

First we have an Adult and a Minor.
At the Edmond School the Adult was the aggressor towards the minor, so back to the old is it right for an adult to aggressively confront a minor?
(02-27-2019, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So far it appears that I am the only one with an explanation of why Trump's MAGA hats inspire more hatred than any gear from Obama or Bush ever did.

You've provided absolutely nothing. You've made the feeble assertion that one can blame their hate on someone else's hate.

As to why it's more prevalent; I point to the media. None of the other symbols you bring up received near as much media coverage as trying to associate the hat to hate. Just look at what some in this very forum is doing. 

(02-27-2019, 03:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Here's a guy who was misidentified as being at the Charlottesville rally.

[Image: JoeySalads.png]

According to the story about his misidentification he was very upset at that.  Yes he was wearing a Nazi armband.  Yes he had a MAGA hat on.  But he WASN'T at the other rally!  

Now, WHY these "symbols" get associated with hate I can't say.

I'm triggered that they put bulletholes in the word AMERICAN!

AHHHHHH!   STAND FOR THE ANTHEM!!!!!!!   PREY FOR CHRIST!!!!!!!    DON"T TOUCH MY HAT!!!!
(02-27-2019, 03:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Actually this example is almost perfect for this one.

First we have an Adult and a Minor.
At the Edmond School the Adult was the aggressor towards the minor, so back to the old is it right for an adult to aggressively confront a minor?

Folks will look for any slant they can find to sooth their cognitive dissonance and try to explain their hatred to themselves.

The OP was a video of one kid bullying another for the way he was dressed and the best we can come up with is "Trump's fault". 

It's the media's desire to attach hate to the symbol and someone is going to get hurt because of it. Any it's simply because folks don't like the current POTUS. 

Yea, I mean the hat definitely draws the ire of the left.

And the right knows that.

That's the main reason they wear them.
(02-27-2019, 03:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, I mean the hat definitely draws the ire of the left.

Yeah,because folks love to get assaulted. 

(02-27-2019, 03:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks will look for any slant they can find to sooth their cognitive dissonance and try to explain their hatred to themselves.

The OP was a video of one kid bullying another for the way he was dressed and the best we can come up with is "Trump's fault". 

It's the media's desire to attach hate to the symbol and someone is going to get hurt because of it. Any it's simply because folks don't like the current POTUS. 

It wasn't kid on kid.
Adult on minor.
(02-27-2019, 03:26 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm triggered that they put bulletholes in the word AMERICAN!

AHHHHHH!   STAND FOR THE ANTHEM!!!!!!!   PREY FOR CHRIST!!!!!!!    DON"T TOUCH MY HAT!!!!

I believe that is what it has on the bottom of the altar boy signup sheet.   Ninja
(02-27-2019, 03:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, I mean the hat definitely draws the ire of the left.

No it isn't?
I wear it because I support Trump.

If you or anyone else has a problem with the "MAGA" hat, then that's a YOU problem, not mine.
I'm not doing anything to incite you, you are simply inciting yourself.
(02-27-2019, 03:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah,because folks love to get assaulted. 

No, but the love "triggering snowflakes".