Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The season isn't over...
Come on guys.. Let's calm down a bit.. We lost to the best defense and the reigning Superbowl champions. Of course, there was a lot of mistakes and whatever. We still got 13 games left and all of them are winnable (Except the Pats game, reason: Brady). Sure, we may not win the North, but we're capable of getting to the playoffs. Eifert should be back and Burfict will be back this week.

Let's not lose hope from 2 losses, Who Dey!
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Brady may throw 10 TDs against us. Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm with you on this. We need to chill out.

The offense improved in some major weaknesses against the best D in the NFL. If our defense played like they should have, we would've won this game comfortably.

THe defense was the bigger WTF today, but that can and will improve with Vontaze Burfict's return (assuming he's rdy for Miami, he better be!)

This was our toughest stretch of the season. We have two winnable games coming up, and I wouldn't be suprised if the Bengals matched up with Brady the following week. If not, it's smooth sailing from there with a winnable game in-between a division game/question mark game.

We need to chill out.
Reply/Quote
The problem is we're dropping games to AFC teams, and it's early in the season. To have a realistic shot at the playoffs, they can only afford to lose three more games the rest of the way. With five division games left to play.

Granted, they could go 5-1 in the division and this is all moot. But just watching the Ravens, Jets, Raiders, and Chiefs, the battle for those two wild card spots is going to be tough.

Besides, if you want to prove you can play with the big boys, these are games you need to win.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I'm concerned but it's a long season. You can't start every season 8-0...looks like we'll have to grind it out in the beginning of the season until we get Burfict and Eifert back.
Reply/Quote
Pretty damn close to over. We have one WR. We get no pressure and can't cover for sh!t.

The silver lining: the return of vontaze burfict and eventually eifert....they better be the magic pieces, because this team is nowhere near where they were last year.

Reply/Quote
Tough loss. Bengals have a lot of things that need figured out. Both sides of the ball, coaching & ST. Plenty of blame to go around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Times like these I take a break from the boards for a while bc people act like the sky is falling
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Agreed. I said it after the Steelers loss, I'm not worrying until we start losing with Burfict and Eifert in the lineup.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:44 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Times like these I take a break from the boards for a while bc people act like the sky is falling

Good advice. I think I'll take a break. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Agreed season is far from over.

But I wont bet on this team winning in the playoffs either.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Allow me to be positive, we still have the Browns twice. The next two games are a must since week 6 could get ugly with this current lineup
Reply/Quote
Stick a fork in em

Mark my words
Reply/Quote
Seasons definitely not over, but I understand the concern.

1. We've dropped a division game
2. We've dropped 2 AFC games
3. We have very little chance of getting a BYE
4. We're 2 games behind the Steelers and Ravens already
5. O-line looks like it's going to be a season long problem
6. Secondary has regressed
7. LaFell/Boyd have disappeared over the last 2 games

That said there are positives

1. This was the toughest stretch of the schedule
2. Jeremy Hill looked like his old self today
3. Eifert and Burfict will be back soon (and we desperately need them apparently)
4. Ravens and Steelers have some tough games ahead

Tough call, but if I had to guess now, I'd say the Steelers win the division and we battle with the Ravens for 2nd place and a road wild card spot. Not good for a team with this much talent and expectations.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If you can't beat good teams you don't deserve anything......I'm not looking forward to Thursday either
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Seasons definitely not over, but I understand the concern.

1. We've dropped a division game
2. We've dropped 2 AFC games
3. We have very little chance of getting a BYE
4. We're 2 games behind the Steelers and Ravens already
5. O-line looks like it's going to be a season long problem
6. Secondary has regressed
7. LaFell/Boyd have disappeared over the last 2 games

That said there are positives

1. This was the toughest stretch of the schedule
2. Jeremy Hill looked like his old self today
3. Eifert and Burfict will be back soon (and we desperately need them apparently)
4. Ravens and Steelers have some tough games ahead

Tough call, but if I had to guess now, I'd say the Steelers win the division and we battle with the Ravens for 2nd place and a road wild card spot. Not good for a team with this much talent and expectations.

You might wanna wait until Rapethisberger and co prove they can stay healthy.

Or at the very least beat the Eagles.

But if our secondary remains the same, I don't wanna see Carson Weinz.
Reply/Quote
This team is terrible if not for the Browns we would be the biggest joke of the NFL. Pray they lose out and fire Lewis it's their only chance, but moron Brown will never get rid of Lewis. Way to come up big on season opener. In all honesty they should be 0-3 because the Jets out played them. Ask Brown how is Zimmer doing in Minnesota. Oh what could have been.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:35 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'm with you on this. We need to chill out.

The offense improved in some major weaknesses against the best D in the NFL. If our defense played like they should have, we would've won this game comfortably.

THe defense was the bigger WTF today, but that can and will improve with Vontaze Burfict's return (assuming he's rdy for Miami, he better be!)

This was our toughest stretch of the season. We have two winnable games coming up, and I wouldn't be suprised if the Bengals matched up with Brady the following week. If not, it's smooth sailing from there with a winnable game in-between a division game/question mark game.

We need to chill out.

pretty sure tez was suspended for the first 4 games. miami will be our 4th game.......go eagles!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:00 PM)Trademark Wrote: If you can't beat good teams you don't deserve anything......I'm not looking forward to Thursday either

Short week, a night game on national tv, and against a team we are 5-16 overall with & 0-3 since 2010. 

Whats not to look forward to???
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
The season isn't over but this team won't win in the playoffs if they make it there. You have to win games like this at home. Not signing Marvin Jones or Sanu doesn't seem to smart now does it?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote