Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The season isn't over...
(09-26-2016, 01:06 AM)Joelist Wrote: The season is not literally over - after all we still have 13 games left.

But as far as it being worth anything.....that is likely another story. This team looks BAD so far this season. We've let a poor offense and a barely average offense roll all over us, our offensive line is utterly horrid in both run and pass blocking (take off the one 50 yard scoot by Hill and then look at the rush numbers - pathetic) and we lead the NFL in muffed passes by a wide margin. I could go on and on but I think it is pretty obvious. The real questions that ownership that actually wants to win would ask would be like:

a) Why do our offensive linemen start out good then regress under Piano Man's coaching?

b) What dipstick plays soft zone when leading by one point?

c) Why does the team always look flat and uninspired in big games?

d) Why do we never do anything scheme wise to help our receivers get even a little more open? It is aggravating to always see opposing receivers sitting in giant holes with no one anywhere around them while our receivers are always covered tight. For example, tonight versus the Bears the Cowboys used pick plays as a standard tactic with Whitten running a route designed to mask the real receiver from defenders. We NEVER do that stuff and instead just send the boys out and expect them to win their matchups.

Of course, the answer is that the only logical answer to these questions is to gut the coaching staff. Marvin and his culture of listlessness need to go. So do Guenther, Zampese and Alexander. And then new coaches brought in who specifically have zero history with the team.

Agree....but Piano Man is going NOWHERE.  He's like a cockroach....surviving a nuclear holocaust.  He was a part of the staffs that led what was the worst decade in all of professional sports until the Lions Munsoned that up for us.  How anyone is retained from that era is beyond me.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote