Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The type of season we'll have will be decided Sunday
1st the good. The offense will definitely be a force at some point.

Now the bad. The offensive line cannot run block, and its going to be an issue all season. Especially with Cordy Glenn being out. I'm a little bothered by the poor off-season in regards to rebuilding the O-line. Of course the Williams injury and the retirements didn't help.

The poor tackling has not improved at all. The linebackers are slow.

If AJ Green can stay healthy this could be an extremely potent offense. If the Bengals can beat the Bills Sunday, we still have a chance at an enjoyable season. I do like how Taylor carries himself and it may just take time for him to shape the roster.

I also believe that Aubrey Pleasant was the 1st choice for Zac Taylor, but management didn't want to go with him.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
I agree 100%, this is a huge game for the entirety of the season and to how a ZT team responds through adversity.
Reply/Quote
Game 3 is WAY too early to judge an entire season.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Game 3 is WAY too early to judge an entire season.

true but starting 0-3 is basically the kiss of death
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Game 3 is WAY too early to judge an entire season.

If this team falls to 0-3, you wont need the rest of the season to determine how we will finish.  
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Hobspin will soon be pointing to the Colts start last year....

I can't remember if they, in any of those first 5 weeks, looked as bad as the Bengals last week.

They both had the rough offseason start to their HC career, both QB's coming off of injury, both DC's unknown, both post SB hires, both going OLine early in the draft.... Just wait. Hobs will be on it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Well we play the Bills (2-0), Steelers (0-2), and Cardinals (0-1-1) over the next 3 weeks. Each of those games are winnable.

IF we can get 2 and be 2-3 that's a plus. Then, Ravens, Jaguars, and Rams. We likely won't beat the Ravens and Rams...but the Jaguars are winnable.

So 3-5 for the 1st half of the year. IF we could win the next 3 games which is highly doubtful...we'd be 4-4 which I'd take.

That said, we could legit lose to the Bills, Steelers, and Cardinals just as easily as we could beat all 3.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 09:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well we play the Bills (2-0), Steelers (0-2), and Cardinals (0-1-1) over the next 3 weeks. Each of those games are winnable.

IF we can get 2 and be 2-3 that's a plus. Then, Ravens, Jaguars, and Rams. We likely won't beat the Ravens and Rams...but the Jaguars are winnable.

So 3-5 for the 1st half of the year. IF we could win the next 3 games which is highly doubtful...we'd be 4-4 which I'd take.

That said, we could legit lose to the Bills, Steelers, and Cardinals just as easily as we could beat all 3.

The first two games were winnable also. Just saying.

I guess we'll have to wait a see which team shows up on Sundays.

Reply/Quote
This team isn’t capable of recovering from an 0-3 start. We’re just not that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think it's a done deal. This is a 3 to 6 win team at best. The oline is in shambles, the defense just gave up nearly 600 yards.

They can't run the ball. Also were giving up nearly 10 yards a rush vs the 49ers.

I had a lot of optimism after week 1 but it's gone now. I just hope the 49ers win that division to make me feel better about it.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 09:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well we play the Bills (2-0), Steelers (0-2), and Cardinals (0-1-1) over the next 3 weeks. Each of those games are winnable.

Looking at the Power Rankings...

NBC and NFL.com both have the Bills ahead of San Fran... while ESPN has the Bills slightly behind San Fran.

The Bills picked up Ed Oliver in the 1st round last year.  But he has yet to record a sack and Shaw Lawson only has 1 too. And to top it off they are allowing 4.8ypc to opposing running backs.... While they may be ranked slightly better than SF... I think it is winnable. And its the weakest QB we have seen to date (i.e. Josh Allen vs Russell/Garoppollo). He is to hoping Mixon has a breakout game.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/2019-nfl-power-rankings#slide-23
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001055967/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-3-cowboys-hit-top-five-saints-sink
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27624757/week-3-nfl-power-rankings-1-32-poll-plus-most-pleasant-surprise-team

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/buf/table//sort/sacks/dir/desc
Reply/Quote

If the team is 0-3, it's not way too early.  It indicates that it is highly likely that this team is garbage. 
Reply/Quote
Spoiler alert: bengals aren’t winning Sunday.

Reply/Quote
1-2 at 5pm Sunday.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 11:24 AM)BengalsGenius Wrote: 1st the good. The offense will definitely be a force at some point.

Now the bad. The offensive line cannot run block, and its going to be an issue all season. Especially with Cordy Glenn being out. I'm a little bothered by the poor off-season in regards to rebuilding the O-line. Of course the Williams injury and the retirements didn't help.

If AJ Green can stay healthy this could be an extremely potent offense. If the Bengals can beat the Bills Sunday, we still have a chance at an enjoyable season. I do like how Taylor carries himself and it may just take time for him to shape the roster.

I also believe that Aubrey Pleasant was the 1st choice for Zac Taylor, but management didn't want to go with him.

But what about 2012?  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 11:24 AM)BengalsGenius Wrote: 1st the good. The offense will definitely be a force at some point.

In game 3??? Lol
Reply/Quote
Game 3 loss spells disaster.Game 3 win means our season is not over by a long shot.Yes,I agree that this game will speak volumes about what to expect from this team for the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 09:34 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The first two games were winnable also. Just saying.

I guess we'll have to wait a see which team shows up on Sundays.

Amen! Every games winnable, just not for us. If we were a good team just riddled with injuries I would say winnable. But what we saw last week had nothing to do with injuries, we are just a very bad team. We have a 9 year vet QB playing like a rookie, our Oline is plagued with injuries but if everyone was healthy I doubt it would make much difference and apparently nobody and I mean nobody on D is capable or willing to make a damn solo tackle. Hell we can’t even kick the damn ball. But our punter is good....Guess I’ve just lost all faith in Dalton and the rest of the team. Still giving the coach a chance, it would take Walsh a couple years to get this post Marvin mess figured out. But the players just look bad, every one. What’s our strongest position? WR? Who leads the league in drops, serious I don’t know but I would be willing to guess if not us were pretty darn close. So in short no I don’t think winnable applies to us. Competitive maybe and that’s being generous. Lol sorry got on a rant before realizing I was replying, non of this was directed towards you intentionally.
Reply/Quote
Shaking magic 8 ball..turning it over

“It has already been decided”
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 12:40 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Amen! Every games winnable, just not for us. If we were a good team just riddled with injuries I would say winnable. But what we saw last week had nothing to do with injuries, we are just a very bad team. We have a 9 year vet QB playing like a rookie, our Oline is plagued with injuries but if everyone was healthy I doubt it would make much difference and apparently nobody and I mean nobody on D is capable or willing to make a damn solo tackle. Hell we can’t even kick the damn ball. But our punter is good....Guess I’ve just lost all faith in Dalton and the rest of the team. Still giving the coach a chance, it would take Walsh a couple years to get this post Marvin mess figured out. But the players just look bad, every one. What’s our strongest position? WR? Who leads the league in drops, serious I don’t know but I would be willing to guess if not us were pretty darn close. So in short no I don’t think winnable applies to us. Competitive maybe and that’s being generous. Lol sorry got on a rant before realizing I was replying, non of this was directed towards you intentionally.

So by rookie you mean 2nd in passing yards? 1st in completions.... putting up 360 yards/game. I wish everyone was playing like a rookie by your standards... you need to stop being so downtrodden and get some facts

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS
Reply/Quote