Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There Is No Way Hue Will Be Here Next Year
After tonight's 31-10 win over the Browns and continued dominance, there is no way another team isn't going to nab Hue this offseason. This guy has really dialed up some creative play calling and given the offense a very aggressive attitude that teams are going to be chomping at the bit to pick him up as HC this offseason.

So what does that mean? Let's hope this team gets it done this year and stays hungry to keep its eye on the prize!

....how awesome was that reverse play with Sanu running in for a TD tonight? Talk about countering the defenses over aggressive playing! Clapping
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:34 AM)GodFather Wrote: After tonight's 31-10 win over the Browns and continued dominance, there is no way another team isn't going to nab Hue this offseason. This guy has really dialed up some creative play calling and given the offense a very aggressive attitude that teams are going to be chomping at the bit to pick him up as HC this offseason.

So what does that mean? Let's hope this team gets it done this year and stays hungry to keep its eye on the prize!

....how awesome was that reverse play with Sanu running in for a TD tonight? Talk about countering the defenses over aggressive playing!  Clapping

That's kind of bleak and negative just moments after going 8-0.....and these Bengals sites are always full of that jazz.....negative realism, I hate it......8-0, Why Worry, Be Happy.....GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
There's nothing to say Marvin won't retire to hand the job over to Hue even though I doubt it'll happen. It makes me wonder who might take over and I don't think they'll go with someone as inexperienced as Gruden again. It'll be interesting to see what actually happens and who they trust to run this high octane offense.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If they keep winning and keep playing, why wouldn't he be here next year? Teams don't want to wait around till after the Super Bowl usually to hire their next head coach, so be positive, and stop worrying about what might happen. Enjoy the moment and just get ready for next week and the Texans instead of the doom and gloom of what might happen after the season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson will be the head Coach of either the Lions or Titans.
Reply/Quote
Here's what needs to happen:

We win the Superbowl
Marvin agrees to retire or maybe take a job upstairs
Hue is promoted to HC
Reply/Quote
Doesn't matter. They won't be able to play in the Pro Bowl, because their season will not be over. Supah Bowl!
Reply/Quote
Come on GodFather.....don't be a drag.....8-0 baby! Wink

Seriously though.....ya never know.....maybe Hue wants a ring, and hangs in here until we get one. Stranger things have happened.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 08:33 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Here's what needs to happen:

We win the Superbowl
Marvin agrees to retire or maybe take a job upstairs
Hue is promoted to HC

Marvin has already said IF he won a SB he would retire. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 09:46 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Marvin has already said IF he won a SB he would retire. 

No he didn't.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 09:49 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No he didn't.

Quote:If Marvin Lewis puts an end to that drought in emphatic fashion with a Super Bowl victory in February, he plans to honor owner Mike Brown and walk off into the sunset.

"I want to hand Mike the trophy," Lewis said Tuesday, via the Cincinnati Enquirer's Paul Daugherty, "then just walk away."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000505159/article/marvin-lewis-ill-walk-away-if-bengals-win-super-bowl

That kinda sounds like retirement to me.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
He shouldn't be here now. Oakland is retahded.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:25 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: That kinda sounds like retirement to me.

That's what I thought too, until I heard the interview on WLW during the pregame show last week.  He said "I never said I would retire, I said I would step away....meaning I would step back out of the spotlight and let Mike have it.....".  

Reply/Quote
You guys remember that Marvin said if he won a SB this year he would retire... If that happens theres no way Mike Brown lets Hue walk away from the HC job. I'd be the first guy blocking the exits at PBS until Hue takes the job. This would be the perfect scenario for our franchise.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:44 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: You guys remember that Marvin said if he won a SB this year he would retire... If that happens theres no way Mike Brown lets Hue walk away from the HC job. I'd be the first guy blocking the exits at PBS until Hue takes the job. This would be the perfect scenario for our franchise.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M0bec67e3824cf378e1b5c50fb9453...=281&h=172]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:44 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: You guys remember that Marvin said if he won a SB this year he would retire... If that happens theres no way Mike Brown lets Hue walk away from the HC job. I'd be the first guy blocking the exits at PBS until Hue takes the job. This would be the perfect scenario for our franchise.

.....but that's not what he meant.  He meant he would step away and let Mike Brown have all of the glory, and said as much on the pre game radio broadcast last week.  

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....but that's not what he meant.  He meant he would step away and let Mike Brown have all of the glory, and said as much on the pre game radio broadcast last week.  

Meh... What better way then to go out on top? Im sure Mike and Katie could find some way to keep Marvin involved in some way or the other.
Reply/Quote
Don't worry about losing Hue. The bengals are great at planning ahead. Remember how they brought in Hue at a low level assistant cooach position a couple of years ago just to have him on the staff for whe we lost Gruden. Well last year they did the same thing and brought back another ex-bengals coach when hired Bob Bratkowski as an offensive consultant.

So if Hue leaves it will just be another seemless transition promoting a guy from within who is already familiar with the players.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:54 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Meh... What better way then to go out on top? Im sure Mike and Katie could find some way to keep Marvin involved in some way or the other.

Yeah....but he explicitly stated that he didn't say he would retire....it's true, ya never know until you get there, but I didn't exactly get the warm and fuzzies about his retirement after hearing that interview with Hoard.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't worry about losing Hue.  The bengals are great at planning ahead.  Remember how they brought in Hue at a low level assistant cooach position a couple of years ago just to have him on the staff for whe we lost Gruden.  Well last year they did the same thing and brought back another ex-bengals coach when hired Bob Bratkowski as an offensive consultant.

So if Hue leaves it will just be another seemless transition promoting a guy from within who is already familiar with the players.

James Urban?
Reply/Quote