Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Ravens game is all about Zac Taylor
(10-22-2021, 06:03 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: And I respect your opinion for sure.  But how does one have such doubts on a coach that took a Ryan Finley led team against the Steelers for the win?  There are other examples, but holy moly.  That was something I'll never forget.  

You have to imagine that when ZT took over, he likely looked over that current group and told MB it's gonna be a rough couple years.  Otherwise, he'd be gone by now.  I think he's been more impressive from a character standpoint in that he's not given excuses like I probably would've, but he's taken plenty of likely unnecessary lumps, all the while Marvin giggling from afar.

I don't even see 1% of the same quit-bs attitude we saw the last two years from certain players.  That's something I can at least hang my hat on as tangible evidence we've got something good going on.  

I dunno.  I know that you also want to believe we've got all the right stuff, but perhaps you need more time.  Totally your right and respectable, i have zero issues with that.

Are you related to Zac?
Reply/Quote
I guess it kind of is about Zac or whoever is scheming vs Martindale. It's on the players to react to the blitz better than they did last year for sure.

There's no way they can win this game if they can't find a way to beat the blitz. There's almost no chance that Martindale doesn't deploy it early to take pressure off of his depleted corner personnel. Other than Humphrey, they don't have a lot to deal with Chase, Boyd, and Tee. They can't force those corners to single cover them all game.

Hopefully Burrow and the staff have taken what they'e seen from their previous games vs this team and figured out what could work. Herbert and the Chargers were on fire going into their game vs the Ravens and got absolutely destroyed because they aren't used to dealing with that complex blitz scheme. The Bengals at least have the advantage of familiarity. They won't be blindsided. The question is whether or not they've found a way to deal with it effectively.

Also, as always, an effective run game is death to a heavy blitzing scheme. Get Joe going and it will be a game.
Reply/Quote
The question is,does Zac Taylor have the skill set to bring out the best in this Offense? Clearly,thus far,this Offense isn’t playing up to the level of talent.Did Tyler Boyd go off the radar in that last game? What about Tee Higgins? You have to get the ball to your playmakers.I think Uzomah could have a big influence on this game as well,if they’ll use him.He’s probably the most underrated player on the roster.His chemistry with Joe Burrow is as good as anyone.
If they ever get on track,and figure it out,this team could be scary good.But,With Zac Taylor I’m not sure.Time will tell.Just a shame to waste all that talent.
I’m confident that,as I watched a second time,those two losses against Green Bay,and Chicago,we would be 6-0 right now if it wasn’t for bad play calling.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 07:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If I see a new bridge collapse I probably would not have any idea what the engineers should have done differently.  But I know failure when I see it.
So how do you know the engineer should have done something differently? 

Could it have been faulty materials? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Big game for ZT and Burrow, as well as Burrow has played he was miserable last year against the Ravens, this will be a nice test to see how far he has come since last season especially with a pretty much totally healthy offense especially at the skill positions.

For ZT he put this team together on defense especially to stop the rushing of the Ravens.. lets see if what he put together can hold up to the Ravens this year unlike last year
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 08:23 PM)motoarch Wrote: Are you related to Zac?

The dude starts his post with "I respect your opinion" and this is your rebuttal? 

Apparently you have 0 respect for his..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 07:31 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So what scheme would you deploy?

Carve up their secondary like a surgeon.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 07:31 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So what scheme would you deploy?

I'm not paid to make a scheme.

However I can tell you what I see. I see a coaching staff that has never beaten the Ravens and has lost by ~20 points each time. I see a staff with a grand total of 10 wins in 3.4 years. I see a very talented offensive roster that is stifled by suspect play calling and scheming.

I don't have an answer to your question and if I did, I wouldn't be here - I'd be busy scheming for my next game. But nothing about Taylor inspires confidence in me as a fan who has watched this offense sputter as often as it's caught fire.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 06:03 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: And I respect your opinion for sure.  But how does one have such doubts on a coach that took a Ryan Finley led team against the Steelers for the win?  There are other examples, but holy moly.  That was something I'll never forget.  

You have to imagine that when ZT took over, he likely looked over that current group and told MB it's gonna be a rough couple years.  Otherwise, he'd be gone by now.  I think he's been more impressive from a character standpoint in that he's not given excuses like I probably would've, but he's taken plenty of likely unnecessary lumps, all the while Marvin giggling from afar.

I don't even see 1% of the same quit-bs attitude we saw the last two years from certain players.  That's something I can at least hang my hat on as tangible evidence we've got something good going on.  

I dunno.  I know that you also want to believe we've got all the right stuff, but perhaps you need more time.  Totally your right and respectable, i have zero issues with that.

Those are all fair points, but I feel like a lot of us have collectively forgotten how awful the Steelers were the last weeks of the previous season. 

Clearly Zac has the respect of the locker room and apparently the faith of ownership. But the specter of nearly 30 losses in 3.5 years looms large, and 4 losses to the Ravens in spectacular fashion looms larger still, to me at least.

I'm hoping for the win - don't take my sour attitude as anything against the team - I just think in a battle of coaches, Harbaugh has a HUGE advantage of Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 12:27 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm not paid to make a scheme.

However I can tell you what I see. I see a coaching staff that has never beaten the Ravens and has lost by ~20 points each time. I see a staff with a grand total of 10 wins in 3.4 years. I see a very talented offensive roster that is stifled by suspect play calling and scheming.

I don't have an answer to your question and if I did, I wouldn't be here - I'd be busy scheming for my next game. But nothing about Taylor inspires confidence in me as a fan who has watched this offense sputter as often as it's caught fire.

[Image: 200.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 08:23 PM)motoarch Wrote: Are you related to Zac?

Well let’s give him some credit.

I’m not a fan of Zac, not yet anyway… but Marvin Lewis left the cupboard pretty bare when he was finally fired/left or whatever
Reply/Quote
To whatever extent he's had input on building the team, kudos to him, my only quibble is one more FA OL.
I hope he's learning from his mistakes as a coach...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 06:29 PM)jason Wrote: 60 something to 3 or whatever outmatched though?

On both sides of the ball yes. We did pretty good defensively in the first game when the D was somewhat healthy but in both games tge offense was really bad. For similar reasons except one.

This year is different fir the most part. Still some line struggles but much more talent on both sides.
Reply/Quote
I'm not ready to jump on the ZT train, not even close. I'm not convinced his OC skills are up to snuff. On and on.

But even I (no ZT fan) don't think it's really fair to tie his success or failure to this one game on the road vs. one of the better teams in the NFL.

Now if we get blown out 42-6 and look like hammered do-do I'll be on team fire ZT. But I don't think we will. I'm just looking for a competitive game. And hoping that maybe, just maybe, Zac and Co. have turned a corner.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 09:29 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not ready to jump on the ZT train, not even close. I'm not convinced his OC skills are up to snuff. On and on.

But even I (no ZT fan) don't think it's really fair to tie his success or failure to this one game on the road vs. one of the better teams in the NFL.

Now if we get blown out 42-6 and look like hammered do-do I'll be on team fire ZT. But I don't think we will. I'm just looking for a competitive game. And hoping that maybe, just maybe, Zac and Co. have turned a corner.

The real question is if the Bengals look competitive for the most part, but we also see the offense struggle for a stretch.

How would that make most of you feel?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 09:42 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The real question is if the Bengals look competitive for the most part, but we also see the offense struggle for a stretch.

How would that make most of you feel?

That Zac needs to give up calling the plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Zac and Lou if they beat the Ravens: https://files.catbox.moe/6u0f5p.mp4
Reply/Quote
I used to be a Zac believer until the Dlap situation.
And also the sole field goal from week 17 last year was the saddest play in NFL history
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 09:49 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: I used to be a Zac believer until the Dlap situation.
And also the sole field goal from week 17 last year was the saddest play in NFL history

Definitely could've been handled better.  Not sure if that's all on Zac though.

The Dalton situation was the one that I would put more solely on Taylor.

Just a terrible way to approach and the fact that he actually was a QB coach.  Not good.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I agree. Good coaching makes it easier on the players. He’s done a good job against the Steelers the past couple games (granted they aren’t as talented). But he’s been getting destroyed by the Ravens—outcoached and outplayed. I agree that we have had a less talented team, and that we pretty much closed the gap in talent. This game essentially comes down to coaching. Burrow can only do so much himself.

I think this game is extremely important to our team, and that we’ve been preparing for it for quite some time. Win and we’ll make the playoffs at the end of the year. The Browns are getting banged up, but will still be a tough out—Ravens as well. I’ll go out on a limb and predict a win. But I could see us coming up short and getting outcoached. Hope to see the coaches and Burrow grab a game ball.
Reply/Quote