Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Ravens game is all about Zac Taylor
(10-22-2021, 04:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He was completely out matched last year.

I truly believe we now have the talent to match up with Baltimore. This game, for me, is all about the coaching. It is currently the one advantage that I think the Ravens have (until proven otherwise Sunday).

This is the biggest game of ZT's career. He can win A LOT of people over if he wins this game. He is he X factor.

Let's see how far you've come.

Did ZT have the talent to match up with the Ravens last year?
If not, then why do you say he was (meaning ZT) was out matched?

This is one road game against a favored team who knows how to win. I am amazed anyone would say this is the biggest game of his career. Win or lose, we will still be at least in 2nd place in the AFCN with a long way to go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 10:04 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I agree. Good coaching makes it easier on the players. He’s done a good job against the Steelers the past couple games (granted they aren’t as talented). But he’s been getting destroyed by the Ravens—outcoached and outplayed. I agree that we have had a less talented team, and that we pretty much closed the gap in talent. This game essentially comes down to coaching. Burrow can only do so much himself.

I think this game is extremely important to our team, and that we’ve been preparing for it for quite some time. Win and we’ll make the playoffs at the end of the year. The Browns are getting banged up, but will still be a tough out—Ravens as well. I’ll go out on a limb and predict a win. But I could see us coming up short and getting outcoached. Hope to see the coaches and Burrow grab a game ball.

How would you feel if the defense melted down on a few plays(because with Jackson that's all it takes)but the offense had a strong showing?

Personally, I just want to see the offense be consistent.  All four quarters of competent competitive offense.

Now if Burrow throws picks, passes are dropped, RBs fumble that is something else.

Players have to be accountable for these mishaps as well as poor blocking too.

Coaches can help mold them but they must follow through on the field.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I have a strange feeling that when we beat the Ravens then the Brown's game will become "all about Zac", then we win that one the Steeler's rematch becomes "all about Zac"....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
As much as I would love to see the Bengals upset the Ravens in Baltimore I don’t see it happening.

Believe me, I want to be wrong!

Greg Roman and Don Martindale might be the best offensive and defensive coordinator combination in the entire league. Their game plans on either side of the ball are always solid while Cincinnati has one good coordinator, one nonexistent coordinator, and a head coach who calls a string of random disconnected plays from Madden.

Two thirds of the Bengals’ coaching staff isn’t up to this game against the Ravens. Beating up on hapless 0-6 Detroit was nice to watch but beating Baltimore, especially this year, takes an entirely different level of play and several leaps forward in coaching. My prognostications say Lou Anarumo limits the Ravens somewhat but stopping every big play will prove impossible.

So, as the OP wrote, it’s up to the Bengals’ offense. With all the offensive weaponry Zac Taylor has at his disposal the Bengals should be scoring at least 35 points per game. The offensive roster is impressive on paper; not so much on the field.
Reply/Quote
Bengals could lose 54-3 and Taylor isn't going anywhere. Trust me, I'm an elite member of the fire Zac Taylor club, and if the Bengals beat the Ravens into a bloody mess, I'll still be in the fire Zac Taylor side. Doesn't change his boss is not going to fire him.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 10:24 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As much as I would love to see the Bengals upset the Ravens in Baltimore I don’t see it happening.

Believe me, I want to be wrong!

Greg Roman and Don Martindale might be the best offensive and defensive coordinator combination in the entire league.  Their game plans on either side of the ball are always solid while Cincinnati has one good coordinator, one nonexistent coordinator, and a head coach who calls a string of random disconnected plays from Madden.  

Two thirds of the Bengals’ coaching staff isn’t up to this game against the Ravens.  Beating up on hapless 0-6 Detroit was nice to watch but beating Baltimore, especially this year, takes an entirely different level of play and several leaps forward in coaching.  My prognostications say Lou Anarumo limits the Ravens somewhat but stopping every big play will prove impossible.

So, as the OP wrote, it’s up to the Bengals’ offense.  With all the offensive weaponry Zac Taylor has at his disposal the Bengals should be scoring at least 35 points per game.  The offensive roster is impressive on paper; not so much on the field.
The Ravens needed a BS call and the world's longest FG ever to beat those hapless Lions

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 11:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The dude starts his post with "I respect your opinion" and this is your rebuttal? 

Apparently you have 0 respect for his..

Correct.

He argued you can't have subjective opinions to support you stance then gave objective opinions of his own to support his stance.

So just saying I respect your opinion doesn't actually mean you do.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 11:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The Ravens needed a BS call and the world's longest FG ever to beat those hapless Lions

That may be true, but they sit at 5-1 atop the AFCN. They had 15 players on IR after the Raiders loss. 15. Including every starting RB, Pro Bowler Stanley at LT, as well as L.J. Fort, Derek Wolfe and Marcus Peters. Most teams would have been written off at that point and likely would be 2-4 vs 5-1. That’s good coaching.

Do the Ravens have the edge here as far as coaching is concerned? I’d say that’s a firm yes. Is it going to guarantee a victory tomorrow? Absolutely not. If predicting wins was that easy, we’d either all be millionaires or Vegas would be a ghost town. There are too many variables that come into play when two good teams play. Injuries, fluke turnovers, you name it.

But if it’s a straightforward game with nothing crazy happening, I think the Ravens coaching can make the difference tomorrow. That, as well as playing at home, and having #9 available for a clutch winning FG.

If the Ravens lose, they’ll be tied with Cincinnati (with Bengals up with the head-to-head tiebreaker). If they win, they’ll have a two-game lead in the division. Not bad considering that I thought the season was toast before it started. But win or lose, the Bengals have shown they have a good team so far in 2021. The Browns were the darling pick before the first kickoff. They’ve had some serious injuries as well. But I think they finish no better than third in the AFCN.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 10:34 AM)Destro Wrote: Bengals could lose 54-3 and Taylor isn't going anywhere. Trust me, I'm an elite member of the fire Zac Taylor club, and if the Bengals beat the Ravens into a bloody mess, I'll still be in the fire Zac Taylor side. Doesn't change his boss is not going to fire him.

I don't think this is true. In the offseason beat reporters I trust were saying that it was likely he was gone if the Bengals had a slow start and that the personnel that replaced his guys were part of his tighter leash. 
Reply/Quote
Ravens dominated Chargers last week. They made Herbert and their offense look like. college players.

Yes, it is a tall task to keep this game competitive. A good Chargers team was beat early and often..
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Regardless of the outcome Taylor is not going anywhere. That simple for me.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 12:22 PM)motoarch Wrote: Correct.

He argued you can't have subjective opinions to support you stance then gave objective opinions of his own to support his stance.

So just saying I respect your opinion doesn't actually mean you do.

Sure as heck does...It's in the Geneva Convention..look it up

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 10:34 AM)Destro Wrote:  if the Bengals beat the Ravens into a bloody mess, I'll still be in the fire Zac Taylor side. 

Why?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure as heck does...It's in the Geneva Convention..look it up

Lol what?

I don't know if you're serious or joking but I laughed so that fun.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 10:34 AM)Destro Wrote: Bengals could lose 54-3 and Taylor isn't going anywhere. Trust me, I'm an elite member of the fire Zac Taylor club, and if the Bengals beat the Ravens into a bloody mess, I'll still be in the fire Zac Taylor side. Doesn't change his boss is not going to fire him.

If they look decent to good and beat the Ravens, with how they've been trending, why would you still want to fire Zac?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 11:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The Ravens needed a BS call and the world's longest FG ever to beat those hapless Lions

But...they're unbeatable!!  Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 12:29 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: I don't think this is true. In the offseason beat reporters I trust were saying that it was likely he was gone if the Bengals had a slow start and that the personnel that replaced his guys were part of his tighter leash. 

Reports say a lot and doesn't make anything true. Especially since the markers of action never happened, they can't be proved wrong. Marvin was fired 25,000 times in the media before he was finally out. Brown has notoriously tight lipped ship. Helps not many care enough about the Bengals to do a lot of digging.

(10-23-2021, 02:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why?

Because a win, ( or a few ) or great plays do not sway my opinion. Same as a few losses or bad plays won't sway me negatively. Taylor has shown far more bad than good and it will take far more good, than bad, from here on out to sway me back. Would be wonderful to be proven wrong, but I think a lot of the Bengals success is, in part, due to the players more than the coach. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 12:28 PM)Crow-Magnon Wrote: That may be true, but they sit at 5-1 atop the AFCN. They had 15 players on IR after the Raiders loss. 15. Including every starting RB, Pro Bowler Stanley at LT, as well as L.J. Fort, Derek Wolfe and Marcus Peters. Most teams would have been written off at that point and likely would be 2-4 vs 5-1. That’s good coaching.

Do the Ravens have the edge here as far as coaching is concerned? I’d say that’s a firm yes. Is it going to guarantee a victory tomorrow? Absolutely not. If predicting wins was that easy, we’d either all be millionaires or Vegas would be a ghost town. There are too many variables that come into play when two good teams play. Injuries, fluke turnovers, you name it.

But if it’s a straightforward game with nothing crazy happening, I think the Ravens coaching can make the difference tomorrow. That, as well as playing at home, and having #9 available for a clutch winning FG.

If the Ravens lose, they’ll be tied with Cincinnati (with Bengals up with the head-to-head tiebreaker). If they win, they’ll have a two-game lead in the division. Not bad considering that I thought the season was toast before it started. But win or lose, the Bengals have shown they have a good team so far in 2021. The Browns were the darling pick before the first kickoff. They’ve had some serious injuries as well. But I think they finish no better than third in the AFCN.

I don't think there's any doubt they have the better FO and coaching staff. I think the Bengals are getting closer but i don't know if they're at the point of contending with a focused Ravens team--this considering i give Lamar a bunch of crap for being a running QB. What he does opens up a lot of other stuff for that offense. 

The Bengals main hope has to be that Burrow is up for the task and the offense is able to keep pace with the Ravens O. 

It would be a very pleasant surprise if they came out of Baltimore with a win. 

P.S. I'm not sure if anyone has told you yet, but this particular forum is usually for Bengals fans only. I don't think it's going to be a big deal because you likely won't be here after this week, but if you do decide to stay there are other Ravens fans on board and they post pretty regularly in the other forums, "Around the NFL" "AFC North" "Smack talk" etc. So, check em out and stick around for a bit.

Reply/Quote
WE GOTTA COME TO PLAY AND BE AGGRESSIVE. WE RUN THE AFC NORTH, HOW DARE THEY PREDICT US TO BE ONE OF THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 12:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Ravens dominated Chargers last week. They made Herbert and their offense look like. college players.

Yes, it is a tall task to keep this game competitive. A good Chargers team was beat early and often..

Similar to what the Ravens D did to Burrow last year. 

Good news is, Burrow has some experience and (i think) he's smart enough to not fall into some of the traps they set last year and against Herbert last week. 

Reply/Quote