Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Ravens game is all about Zac Taylor
(10-24-2021, 10:07 AM)Destro Wrote: Why did you choose to leave out the very first sentence, if you are going to quote me, don't take out the one line that actually supports exactly what I said. Bengals/Ravens game. That is the thread, that was my post. You took it further down a rabbit hole, I checked you and you ignore the facts. Trash posting. Do better.

While Essex is doing a poor job to prove his point, you’ve said enough in this thread to support his general idea. You said that even with a remarkable run of Bengals victories, far less stupid mistakes and possibly even more, you wouldn’t want him extended. You don’t like him, but that just feels more like you not wanting to be wrong than it does anything else, because that statement leaves wide open possibilities for interpretation. Does anyone even know how long his contract is for? I never saw any information about contract length. Not extending him could be the same as firing him if his contract is up after the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:14 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That would be fine with me.  I think Taylor has a good relationship with this team.  I don't hate the guy, I just don't like most of the plays he calls.

EDIT: I don't mean to do anything like this during the season, BTW.

Yeah, agreed. I’d be fine if they waited until after the season to get a legit OC, assuming the offense doesn’t skyrocket to end the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 04:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He was completely out matched last year.

I truly believe we now have the talent to match up with Baltimore. This game, for me, is all about the coaching. It is currently the one advantage that I think the Ravens have (until proven otherwise Sunday).

This is the biggest game of ZT's career. He can win A LOT of people over if he wins this game. He is he X factor.

Let's see how far you've come.

I thought they had a pretty good game plan against the Packers (their toughest opponent YTD) but Joe made a couple bad plays that killed them.  One of them may have been on Boyd, but either way, they weren't on the same page.

I think ZT should be evaluated on the team and culture he has built, which is an A right now.  His playcalling has left a LOT to be desired and I am hoping, like he said about pitt, that they have something special for the Ratbirds.  He knows how important these division games are and they don't get any tougher than a 1 loss team on the road in the Ratbirds.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:38 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Lose?  This team is winning despite of Zac Taylor.  Prior to this season, have you seen his record?  He either needs to go, or we need a good OC who can call plays.

So the head coach gets blame for the losses, but no credit for the wins. Do I have that right?
Reply/Quote
Sad 
Taylor has built a team that can compete with anyone, and has brought a culture that is better than any Bengals team I can remember (and remember, I've been a fan since game 1) Anybody that thinks Taylor is not going to be retained after this year, unless the wheels completely fall off, is smoking something. MB may not be the best owner out there, but he knows what firing and bringing in a new coach and system means in timelines. They're on Sportscenter right now talking about how Cincy may surprise Baltimore. And you wanna change head coaches....
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:23 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: While Essex is doing a poor job to prove his point, you’ve said enough in this thread to support his general idea. You said that even with a remarkable run of Bengals victories, far less stupid mistakes and possibly even more, you wouldn’t want him extended. You don’t like him, but that just feels more like you not wanting to be wrong than it does anything else, because that statement leaves wide open possibilities for interpretation. Does anyone even know how long his contract is for? I never saw any information about contract length. Not extending him could be the same as firing him if his contract is up after the season.

Yes, because one "Good-for-the-Bengals" season isn't enough, in my opinion, to extend someone. Especially considering his history. That is not some hot take; I think it is good business.

Because I said what I said and trying to ignore whatever else I said to make an argument is poor. Assuming what I mean is lazy, at best. I am not a Bengals front office guy. I'm just a fan, so I control nothing. Being right or wrong doesn't control anything about my opinion or stance. I do find fault with those who try to bolster their arguments with assumptions and half-quotes. Be a Taylor fan boy, just don't make up garbage, using me, to make your point. I will point that out. If someone needs to do that, shows just how garbage their position is, in my OPINION.
Reply/Quote
So that means Zac Taylor is a dominant force?
Reply/Quote
Man, that Zac Taylor sure knows how to coach. Change my mind.
Reply/Quote
I thought the title read This Ravens game ball goes to Zac Taylor.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
This isnt just because we beat BAL.

Taylor in the 2nd half of games has been amazing. I just wish the 1st halfs werent so insufferable.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:23 PM)Housh Wrote: This isnt just because we beat BAL.

Taylor in the 2nd half of games has been amazing. I just wish the 1st halfs werent so insufferable.

I think today’s first half was better, and Higgins got bullied a lot. Including at least one pi that wasn’t called. If Higgins played like he did in the second half during the first half, we may have had 60.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:26 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I think today’s first half was better, and Higgins got bullied a lot. Including at least one pi that wasn’t called. If Higgins played like he did in the second half during the first half, we may have had 60.

Was good to see Tee bounce back.  That first half of his was brutally bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Taylor has built a team that can compete with anyone, and has brought a culture that is better than any Bengals team I can remember (and remember, I've been a fan since game 1) Anybody that thinks Taylor is not going to be retained after this year, unless the wheels completely fall off, is smoking something. MB may not be the best owner out there, but he knows what firing and bringing in a new coach and system means in timelines. They're on Sportscenter right now talking about how Cincy may surprise Baltimore. And you wanna change head coaches....

I said I'd be cool with keeping him, and getting him an OC.  I'm standing by that, even after this win.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:33 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I said I'd be cool with keeping him, and getting him an OC.  I'm standing by that, even after this win.
Nothing wrong with his play calling. Early this year he has had to protect a franchise QB coming back off a terrible knee injury early. As the season has progressed I see him opening the game up and making very good calls.
Reply/Quote
Great Job to ZT.. he has rebuilt this offense and defense so seems ahead of schedule if we need up 10-7.. which we just might... Still need to show we can stay consistent.. beat the Jets, setup a home game with Browns..
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:07 AM)Destro Wrote: Why did you choose to leave out the very first sentence, if you are going to quote me, don't take out the one line that actually supports exactly what I said. Bengals/Ravens game. That is the thread, that was my post. You took it further down a rabbit hole, I checked you and you ignore the facts. Trash posting. Do better.

really i don;t know what you wrote in that statement.. damn nice spin

OH we smashed them.. so please keeping rooting against ZT.. lol
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: really i don;t know what you wrote in that statement.. damn nice spin

OH we smashed them.. so please keeping rooting against ZT.. lol

You just saw what you wanted and didn't put up the full quote. That's a soft move. Have a position and back it up like a man without trying to eliminate parts that don't fit your agenda.

I never rooted against the Bengals, but you keep trying to spin it as you want. If they lost, you would still be standing with Taylor and making excuses. Because that would not matter to your position. I said exactly that it didn't matter if they made a bloody mess of the Ravens, and it didn't. 

You're not even a try hard. You fail hard. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 04:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He was completely out matched last year.

I truly believe we now have the talent to match up with Baltimore. This game, for me, is all about the coaching. It is currently the one advantage that I think the Ravens have (until proven otherwise Sunday).

This is the biggest game of ZT's career. He can win A LOT of people over if he wins this game. He is he X factor.

Let's see how far you've come.

Well our Coaching Staff owned it.. Enough said on Taylor and staff.. stay healthy , players play well and coaching continues to impress and we are looking at playoffs
Reply/Quote
Always was a believer in Zac and Lou. Glad others are coming around and can finally see Zac can't isnt the one dropping passes, throwing Int, missing kicks etc.
But I just go by what I see and not fans anywas. I'm sure cheifs fans are wanting Reid fired saying he's over matched as well.

I'm sure when the bengals do happen to lose another game even if it's not til next season, they will say he should be fired. But luckily it's not up to the fans to make decisions or else Lou would be gone and our defense wouldn't be as good.

So I'll let yall carry on...
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor outcoached John Harbaugh.

Well done man, great game plan and you are building maybe the greatest team I have seen in my 32+ years of being a fan.

We can win it all with this team, I believe it for once.
Reply/Quote