Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the moment when AJ McCarron becomes a star
(12-28-2015, 08:02 PM)BengalChris Wrote: We aren't going to trade AJM in the off season, particularly not on a two or three start resume. He serves a function on this team and has two years left on his deal.

I think if the offer was good enough Mike Brown would trade him.  Didn't NE make out well in the Cassell trade?  2nd round pick I think.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Manziel could play on this team? I don't know about that. Maybe if he wore high heels on his shoes. No wait that wouldn't work if he was drunk. Never mind. Manziel stuck in the pocket is a no win situation.
Reply/Quote
The stage is set for a legend to come to life. We'll see how that pans out.

AJ only needs to make less mistakes than Brock.

I'm predicting this game to be more about the two top tier defenses than it is about the two back up QB's, but we'll see. Like I typed above, the stage is set for a star to be born. Cinci football sure could use one of those but I wouldn't hold my breath.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:33 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: The stage is set for a legend to come to life. We'll see how that pans out.

AJ only needs to make less mistakes than Brock.

I'm predicting this game to be more about the two top tier defenses than it is about the two back up QB's, but we'll see. Like I typed above, the stage is set for a star to be born. Cinci football sure could use one of those but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The problem with a statement like that, is we have no idea what Dalton would have done in this game. 

What some of you are insinuating is that AJMC will have a greater chance of winning this game than if Dalton was healthy and playing. It sounds like something someone who drinks before the game would say, lol, but everyone can have their own opinion. To not call Andy a star in this season sounds a bit crazy to me.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:29 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Manziel could play on this team? I don't know about that. Maybe if he wore high heels on his shoes. No wait that wouldn't work if he was drunk. Never mind. Manziel stuck in the pocket is a no win situation.

I mean Manziel is a ***** of a humanbeing, and a little dick on the field too - but the dude can run. He may not be very accurate, but he is starting to get dangerous on the run. He had over 100 yards rushing in the last game and he threw for 370 against PB (although their secondary stinks).
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:36 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The problem with a statement like that, is we have no idea what Dalton would have done in this game. 

What some of you are insinuating is that AJMC will have a great chance of winning this game than if Dalton was playing. It sounds like something someone who drinks before the game would say, lol, but everyone can have their own opinion. To not call Andy a star in this season sounds a bit crazy to me.

Steve Young must drink before games; as he said just that. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
McCarron playing his way into a trade isn't an outrageous thought. Matt Flynn is still living off of his one game for GB when he put up massive yards.

If Hue leaves for a team in need of a qb, the question would be is McCarron an equal or better prospect then the qb's coming out of the draft in 16.

If he wins out, or even wins a playoff game, it would be a savvy move by the front office to ship him off for an additional pick. We'll have some holes to fill with the many players set for free agency.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: College success means shit in NFL. Dalton won in college too (did you dismiss that?). Tebow was damn good, where is he...

Secondly, I'm not being overly critical, unless the guy suddenly figured out how to be mobile, he is not mobile. Not sure what your point is. Was he mobile in college? No, he wasn't.

Unless AJM plays lights out, he will not be worthy of a high trade/draft pick. The Bengals team is stacked. Manziel could play on this team if coached right, lol. 

You think I'm being a bit over critical and I think you're being a bit too wingman for AJM. It his time to show if he's a serviceable backup, or more for perhaps another team.

You're also playing the what-if game with someone that is injured, at this point, you have to admit Dalton has a (much) better chance at winning in Denver than AJMC does - regardless if AJ MC guides them to a win tonight. I don't get the anti Andy stuff, the pro AJMC comes off as Anti Andy. The neg AJMC stuff is reality since "we have only seen one game".

If AJM can continue to play well, and (heaven forbid) wins that elusive first playoff win? There's no way to justify bringing Dalton and his bad big game performances back. It is a fact that this scenario has been played out throughout the building at least once or twice by the people in charge.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Steve Young must drink before games; as he said just that. 

And any of us have to treat Steve Young's opinion as truth, why? He is entitled to his own opinions. He's paid to drum.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: McCarron playing his way into a trade isn't an outrageous thought. Matt Flynn is still living off of his one game for GB when he put up massive yards.

If Hue leaves for a team in need of a qb, the question would be is McCarron an equal or better prospect then the qb's coming out of the draft in 16.

If he wins out, or even wins a playoff game, it would be a savvy move by the front office to ship him off for an additional pick. We'll have some holes to fill with the many players set for free agency.

I think it's more how he wins, not if he wins. Playoffs is different though, any win will count as big time.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:36 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The problem with a statement like that, is we have no idea what Dalton would have done in this game. 

What some of you are insinuating is that AJMC will have a great chance of winning this game than if Dalton was playing. It sounds like something someone who drinks before the game would say, lol, but everyone can have their own opinion.

I think you misunderstand.

I don't think AJ is gonna have a breakout game. But it's undeniable that the stage is set for a star to be born, a superstar a la Brett Favre or Peyton Manning. And no, that's not comparing AJ to anyone. 

However I don't think that will happen because Denver's defense is pretty good, but the stage is set and our franchise could use the next superstar, not that I think that'll happen. 

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Steve Young must drink before games; as he said just that. 

Lol I'm watching 'last man standing' with the girlfriends parents til the game comes on, but it sounds like Young has his thumb on the pulse. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: McCarron playing his way into a trade isn't an outrageous thought. Matt Flynn is still living off of his one game for GB when he put up massive yards.

Yep
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: A bit overly critical of a guy with one game of experience as the NFL. He's only got two National Championship rings so I wouldn't count him out.

A win tonight would be our first win at Denver since 1974, apparently. So that's something that Boomer, Andy and Carson have failed to do previously. A win tonight would also give him a winning record in primetime. That's something no recent Bengal can say. Dalton is 1-2 this year under the lights.

As a sportscaster said the other day.. this is the NFL not college... how many QBs can we talk about that had one or maybe two national championships that  did nothing in the NFL... i want AJ to do whatever it takes for us to win.. I am so hoping he does that .. it will continue to show the growth of this organization to have a decent backup.. and when Dalton is ready and able take over the reins then Dalton does .

I don;t want to trade AJ after the season.. if he proves to be a good backup.. why would we not keep him..
Reply/Quote

Steve Young is a Mormon, so he probably doesn't drink often....unless he's fooling a lot of people.  It's more likely all of those concussions that he sustained.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 07:38 PM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote: I hope you're right. Not because I'm pro-McCarron or anti-Dalton, I just want a win

x2
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 07:47 PM)eoxyod Wrote: McCarron won't play well

Yeah. Im not feeling it either. Brand new cat who has zero mobility playing against the Denver D and AT Denver? 

OUCH, oh and with NO RUN GAME and our O-line has been playing vanilla? He is going to get LIT UP Sad 

GOD, please let me be wrong! 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 07:35 PM)BigSeph Wrote: On the national stage, with bigtime playoff implications, with Jon Gruden ranting endlessly about every little thing McCarron does, the worst nightmare of Andy Dalton fanboys becomes a reality.

McCarron will lead the Bengals to a win, Gruden will be overflowing with praise, and whether AJ has a tremendous game or not, Gruden's hype will lead to a lot more people in the country believing that McCarron is the right QB for the job the rest of the season.

He has been waiting years for this moment.  He will carp the diem.

I'll be back to eat humble pie after the game if I'm wrong.

I hope you're not wrong but a 2nd year QB making his 2nd career start against the #1 defense in their house...it's a bit unrealistic.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 09:52 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yeah. Im not feeling it either. Brand new cat who has zero mobility playing against the Denver D and AT Denver? 

OUCH, oh and with NO RUN GAME and our O-line has been playing vanilla? He is going to get LIT UP Sad 

GOD, please let me be wrong! 
Whose your favorite team again? Nervous
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 07:51 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think a Bengal win is the worst nightmare of any Bengal fan.  I hope McCarron plays well. But regardless, Andy Dalton is our QB.  If McCarron does very well, he will garner us a nice draft pick in a trade.

This. No matter how McCarron plays, as long as he plays, when Dalton is healthy, he starts. No ifs ands or buts about it. 

If you disagree, you haven't watched enough Marvin Lewis Bengals football.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote