Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the moment when AJ McCarron becomes a star
This is the moment McCarron eats shit because he's still, terrible.

So lucky not to have 2 picks tonight, not to mention his terrible decision-making: what happened to the McCarron of the first 2 drives?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:00 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: This is the moment McCarron eats shit because he's still, terrible.

So lucky not to have 2 picks tonight, not to mention his terrible decision-making: what happened to the McCarron of the first 2 drives?

[Image: huex-large.jpg]

He put the training wheels on after the third drive.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 07:47 PM)eoxyod Wrote: McCarron won't play well

He didn't play well
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:00 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: This is the moment McCarron eats shit because he's still, terrible.

Or if nugent doesn't give the Broncos a lift at the end of the first or the defense doesn't decide to fold like a cheap suit. Plenty of lost opportunities across the board.

M personal favorite is an green giving up on a play and missing a td catch because of it. And I hate nugent. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:08 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Of if nugent doesn't give the Broncos a lift at the end of the first or the defense doesn't decide to fold like a cheap suit. Plenty of lost opportunities across the board.

M personal favorite is an green giving up on a play and missing a td catch because of it. AndAnd I hate nugent. 

ding ding ding... we have a winner
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

For a guy in his 2nd NFL start you gotta expect some mistakes going in a place the team hasn't won in since 1975.

It did suck that we seemed to be a different team in the second half and OT. Andre Smith became a turnstile.

To go with all those Burfict tackles comes his boneheaded penalties.

Reply/Quote

The WRs stopped bailing AJ out with his high balls
(12-29-2015, 02:08 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Of if nugent doesn't give the Broncos a lift at the end of the first or the defense doesn't decide to fold like a cheap suit. Plenty of lost opportunities across the board.

M personal favorite is an green giving up on a play and missing a td catch because of it. And I hate nugent. 

AJ got a crap ball throw. He had to go way too far inside around a defender. He had a TD with any normal placement
Reply/Quote
He played OK.......

But one can not become a star when one fumbles snaps in overtime while looking at the defense.

Here's to a better performance next week, defense played well enough to win the game.  AJ Green quit on a post route that would have been a TD, Nugent missed a FG, and McCarron's OT fumble was ultimately the thing that lost the game.  That's not on anybody but him.

[Image: plateofcrow-300x272.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:10 AM)eoxyod Wrote: The WRs stopped bailing AJ out with his high balls

AJ got a crap ball throw. He had to go way too far inside around a defender. He had a TD with any normal placement

OK. And if he doesn't stop running. Who do you need to step up here, your backup qb or your elite wr
Reply/Quote
I actually think McCarron played alright until Denver figured out he can't read some defenses. In time that will come. But he's not there yet. We win this game with Dalton going away.

Reply/Quote
Lots of high throws but the real problem was once he had to do reads we were back to the same taking too long to get the ball out that we saw against both Pittsburgh and San Francisco. Add in our OL being only average in blocking (and Bodine getting owned again) and the result was disaster.
Reply/Quote
Folks are funny, The QB played a fine game. We lost to a good opponent, in a hostile environment, in crappy conditions. I wonder what folks will say if he actually ever throws an INT.

The running game has really tailed off, but that's another issue.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:15 AM)R3stangs Wrote: OK. And if he doesn't stop running. Who do you need to step up here, your backup qb or your elite wr

The QB should throw a catchable ball
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks are funny, The QB played a fine game. We lost to a good opponent, in a hostile environment, in crappy conditions. I wonder what folks will say if he actually ever throws an INT.

You're right, he played a good game early. But now the blueprint is out. Take away AJ and play a zone defense and he struggles.  The good news is it can be fixed. I the bad news is it has to be fixed very quickly. 

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks are funny, The QB played a fine game. We lost to a good opponent, in a hostile environment, in crappy conditions. I wonder what folks will say if he actually ever throws an INT.

We had over 100 rushing yards against the #1 rushing defense. A team that allows an average of 79 yards a game.

McCarron didn't do that well. The receivers bailed him out with some amazing sideline catches. McCarron missed deep throws all game.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

WRs stopped saving him with circus catches on 10-11ft high passes at the sidelines, and then the Broncos started to play a more complex defense which McCarron had absolutely no idea what to do with.

If it's man-to-man and Green is single covered, it's pretty easy presnap read. "Oh look, I should throw it to green."

If it's zone coverage and you don't know who will be where covering who, it's much harder. That extra time he has to try to guess at it is extra time the pass rushers have to get to him.

They just started playing a big boy defense and he is still in his training undies. It happens with young/backup 5th round QBs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:38 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: McCarron missed deep throws all game.

He had two nice deep throws to AJ. One that AJ gave up on, another that AJ couldn't make a contested catch....again.
Reply/Quote
McCarron played well enough to win but his inexperience with audibles cost us. He's playing the #1 Defense and almost won, maybe could have won if our kicker was better than average. Who knows. Would the tune be different if we won by 3? I think so.

With limited gametime I will say Mccarron's deep ball is better than Dalton's, even though Andy has improved this year.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:37 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: You're right, he played a good game early. But now the blueprint is out. Take away AJ and play a zone defense and he struggles.  The good news is it can be fixed. I the bad news is it has to be fixed very quickly. 

He played a good game, all game. He had a passer rating of 88 against the best D in the NFL on the road. He showed mobility and poise.

Folks will absolutely lose their minds (more than usual) if the kid actually ever throws an INT, instead of protecting the ball.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It wasn't about the zone it was about kid gloving the offense and not being able to run the ball. AJ did fine the very few times we let the offense be aggressive.
Reply/Quote