Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This season might be toast
Played the weakest part of the schedule, still have a couple of weak games coming up but this team is 4-4 and 0-3 in the division. No Chase, no Chido, no Reader, what a disaster of a season, tonight may have been the final nail in the coffin. Might be time to trade some players for picks, this team has so many holes and the OL still sucks. I hope they prove me wrong and get on a hot streak, but this is the first time this season that this team has been completely dominated...
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:36 AM)Trademark Wrote: Played the weakest part of the schedule, still have a couple of weak games coming up but this team is 4-4 and 0-3 in the division. No Chase, no Chido, no Reader, what a disaster of a season, tonight may have been the final nail in the coffin. Might be time to trade some players for picks, this team has so many holes and the OL still sucks. I hope they prove me wrong and get on a hot streak, but this is the first time this season that this team has been completely dominated...

Yup? I agree. If we hadn’t lost Awuzie for the season I’d be saying we should make a trade tomorrow. But now there’s no point. If someone would give ANYTHING for Mixon or Bates(unlikely) I’d do it. That last drive of the Super Bowl (running our backup running back on 3rd and 1, Boyd dropping the first down) are going to haunt us for the next decade as we see how THAT was our chance. We aren’t going back, not with Zac Taylor. He’s proven he couldn’t coach his way out of a paper bag.
Reply/Quote
Getting hit pretty hard now with injuries. They have to absolutely win the next two. That’s life in the NFL, and if they don’t get to the playoffs this year, most of their guys are back next year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's been 8 games, the line should have gelled but too much pressure because of a non existent run game. Bite the bullet and swap a mid round pick for an average versatile OL to be ready after the bye. That and either DL depth or another corner depending on injuries.

Trades won't fix everything but they're in an arms race with the Ravens. We can't stand pat.
Reply/Quote
Probably? It’s toast. Burnt rye bread toast.

Worst OC in the league calling plays, Burrow regression, lack of improvement from
the OL, mixon playing each game with 75 lbs wrapped around his ankle..oh, it’s over, Chieftain.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
We’re golden as long as we don’t have to face any more game wreckers like Garrett from here on out
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
The offensive philosophy absolutely sucks ass!why go spend the money on the offensive line and not try to compose a competent running game??

I have never seen Zac Taylor's offense have a solid running game and it's truly sad..The Browns have been enept at stopping the run all season long and yet we come out exclusively in shotgun playing right into the strength of the Browns defense..

This lost is completely on the coaches,Lou had to deal with a balanced attack it was only a matter of time before the well cracked,but Zac on the other hand has got to find a way to get this offense some balance..
Reply/Quote
Breads warm by now
Reply/Quote
This was embarrassing. The team should be publicly apologizing to the fans for such a godawful performance, basically dishonoring the team.

It makes you start to wonder if it really is a new day or if last year was an illusion and we're back to 2020 Bungles...
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:43 AM)phil413 Wrote: It's been 8 games, the line should have gelled but too much pressure because of a non existent run game. Bite the bullet and swap a mid round pick for an average versatile OL to be ready after the bye. That and either DL depth or another corner depending on injuries.

Trades won't fix everything but they're in an arms race with the Ravens. We can't stand pat.

Ravens are starting to grasp hold of the division
Reply/Quote
Sucks what happened tonight, but, the Browns just played their best game of the year. Bengals will beat Carolina (closer than expected though) and limp into a much needed bye. I think they come out strong and healthy and bang out wins against the Steelers and Titans. They’ll be 7-4 facing the Chiefs.

That said, I never want to see the Bengals play a nationally televised game on Halloween again.
Reply/Quote
This team is the Arizona Cardinals of the AFC. The main difference is that Burrow >>> Murray.

Zac Taylor is just like Kingsbury. Both run the flimsiest of offenses and ignore fundamentals. Both rely on their QB to make magic happen instead of designing and scripting plays. Both look OK when they feast on poor defenses, but wilt when they play teams who do not beat themselves.
Reply/Quote
We lost to the Browns twice last year and went to the Superbowl though.

We didn't look good, Evan looked pretty bad (even though the XP was a high snap it was down). I thought Evan was more stone cold than this, not sure what's going on. Huber looks really bad in person, his punts are inconsistent as hell and there's either no air time or no distance, and usually neither.

Mixon can't break a tackle in real life either, looks about as bad as on TV, I don't "blame" him but I think his time is running out. I think we should bench him for a game (AKA start Perine) and see what happens, doesn't work, at least we "tried" - the run game does not work at all.
Reply/Quote
The division is toast. 0-3 is insurmountable.

Wild card is still in play but all of the injuries to good players make it pretty unrealistic.

I just hate how ***** torn I am every week on this offense behind ZT. I want off this roller coaster ride.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
At this point last year after the Mike White debacle we were 5-3 so only a game worse off.

Last year still left to play we had the Raiders,Steelers,Chiefs and 49ers all made the playoffs.

Then you add the Chargers and granted a banged up Ravens who were on the fringes.

It’s the 0-3 division record that is killing us record wise.

My main concern is Mixon the guy just hasn’t had it this season without a run game we are so one dimensional. Pollack needs firing in to the sun because he’s hurting both stages of the offence but if Mixon didn’t fall down after a strong breeze and gained some yards after contact we could be in a completely different position.

The season isn’t over yet the wildcard is still there the Ravens might implode or get injuries as bad as we are getting down the stretch.

If it was up to me Huber would be cut tomorrow, try trade Bates for as much as we can get and see what people would offer for Carman, use some of those picks we would get and use them to try get another WR to get cover for Chase while he is out as it was obvious tonight that Evans aside (who’d I’d start using as RB1) they aren’t good enough.

In short this season is circling the drain but there is still time to turn it around with some smart moves before the deadline.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:53 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The division is toast. 0-3 is insurmountable.

Wild card is still in play but all of the injuries to good players make it pretty unrealistic.

Bengals won the division in 2013 and went 3-3. So it’s not impossible
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:51 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We lost to the Browns twice last year and went to the Superbowl though.

We didn't look good, Evan looked pretty bad (even though the XP was a high snap it was down). I thought Evan was more stone cold than this, not sure what's going on. Huber looks really bad in person, his punts are inconsistent as hell and there's either no air time or no distance, and usually neither.

Mixon can't break a tackle in real life either, looks about as bad as on TV, I don't "blame" him but I think his time is running out. I think we should bench him for a game (AKA start Perine) and see what happens, doesn't work, at least we "tried" - the run game does not work at all.

The difference between this year and last year is the injuries. Three of our 4 best players have significant injuries. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:47 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Sucks what happened tonight, but, the Browns just played their best game of the year. Bengals will beat Carolina (closer than expected though) and limp into a much needed bye. I think they come out strong and healthy and bang out wins against the Steelers and Titans. They’ll be 7-4 facing the Chiefs.

That said, I never want to see the Bengals play a nationally televised game on Halloween again.

I just don't see them beating the Titans, they struggle vs the run and Henry will have his way with this defense
Reply/Quote
Ravens are only 1 game above us. I think the Browns are a big "if" when Watson comes back with no practice time, Jacoby isn't bad he just makes late game mistakes and have cost the Browns games (they'd be tied with Ravens without the stupid mistakes he's been making).

You don't have to have a perfect season to win a superbowl, we just have to take the steelers mindset, make the playoffs - clean slate, try to make noise. Make the playoffs enough, some runs will occur.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:44 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Probably? It’s toast. Burnt rye bread toast.

Worst OC in the league calling plays, Burrow regression, lack of improvement from
the OL, mixon playing each game with 75 lbs wrapped around his ankle..oh, it’s over, Chieftain.

Burrow hasn’t regressed. He was literally just AFC Player of the Week. 3 out of our 4 losses have come in games where he was sacked 5+ times. And this most recent one against the Browns I don’t think a single sack will be charged to Burrow. It was probably Jonah Williams worst game as a pro, and Mixon continues to be the most incompetent blocker in the league.

Reply/Quote