Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This should happen immediately!
This entire week should've been dedicated to reshaping this offense to a more run oriented move the chains approach..I want to see an at least 60/40 run pass ratio..

The installation this week should be more 2 tight, i-formation,and under center action from this offense,we should be trying to make every pass look like a run and vice-versa..

I think we be can much more effective offensively if we try making teams at least account for the run..
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 06:50 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: This entire week should've been dedicated to reshaping this offense to a more run oriented move the chains approach..I want to see an at least 60/40 run pass ratio..

The installation this week should be more 2 tight, i-formation,and under center action from this offense,we should be trying every pass the like a run and vice-versa..

I think we can much affective offensively if we try making teams at least account for the run..

And who is going to be the one doing all that running?  Because so far this year Mixon isn't the one.  He's ranked 50th in yards per attempt at 3.3 according to pro football reference.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 06:55 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: And who is going to be the one doing all that running?  Because so far this year Mixon isn't the the one.  

I agree buddy it should be a committee approach as far I care but we have got to at least try making an effort to run the ball..
Reply/Quote
Running the ball 60% of the time, which would be far and away the most in the league, when you are one of the worst rushing teams in the league….is not a great idea. Cincinnati may genuinely not win another game with that approach.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 07:09 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Running the ball 60% of the time, which would be far and away the most in the league, when you are one of the worst rushing teams in the league….is not a great idea. Cincinnati may genuinely not win another game with that approach.

[Image: th?id=OIP.gd3zBd1yKgMmN4MQy6Zv5gAAAA&pid...id=Api&P=0]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 06:50 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: This entire week should've been dedicated to reshaping this offense to a more run oriented move the chains approach..I want to see an at least 60/40 run pass ratio..

The installation this week should be more 2 tight, i-formation,and under center action from this offense,we should be trying to make every pass look like a run and vice-versa..

I think we be can much more effective offensively if we try making teams at least account for the run..

Are we doing this to improve our draft position?

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 07:09 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Running the ball 60% of the time, which would be far and away the most in the league, when you are one of the worst rushing teams in the league….is not a great idea. Cincinnati may genuinely not win another game with that approach.

Nope never said anything about running 60% of the time, I was saying pass 60% and run 40% 60/40 ,ratio..
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 07:43 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Are we doing this to improve our draft position?
No you're doing this to find some sort of balance,you will never beat team with good pass rushers staying shotgun exclusively we have to diversify this offense..
Reply/Quote

(11-03-2022, 07:46 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Nope never said anything about running 60% of the time, I was saying pass 60% and run 40% 60/40 ,ratio..

Not what the original post said...  but okay.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 07:46 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Nope never said anything about running 60% of the time, I was saying pass 60% and run 40% 60/40 ,ratio..

You said you wanted to see a 60/40 run pass ratio. If you meant a 60/40 pass run ratio, then you communicated that incorrectly because no one else understood that, either.

Cincinnati is currently at 64.7% pass and 35.3% run.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 07:53 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You said you wanted to see a 60/40 run pass ratio. If you meant a 60/40 pass run ratio, then you communicated that incorrectly because no one else understood that, either.

And in that 4.7% lays all the difference
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 07:53 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You said you wanted to see a 60/40 run pass ratio. If you meant a 60/40 pass run ratio, then you communicated that incorrectly because no one else understood that, either.

Ok sorry if I wrote that wrong fellas, what I'm saying is zac dosen't get in any real run formations we should be trying to run from heavier formations..
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 08:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And in that 4.7% lays all the difference
The fact that we're doing everything exclusively from the shotgun is a blatant recipe for disaster if you really want to the ball get under center in some run formations and give it your best shot..
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 08:14 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: The fact that we're doing everything exclusively from the shotgun is a blatant recipe for disaster if you really want to the ball get under center in some run formations and give it your best shot..

Well the times they were trying under center runs it went pretty terribly and improved when they ran from shotgun. 
Reply/Quote

got to agree with KG on this one

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
There are things to consider:

Why would we take the ball out of Burrow's hands and give it to one of the worst starting RBs in the NFL?

Mixon has the 3rd most targets of any RB and his YPC sux

Laps said constantly pass blocking as an olineman sux. You've got to react to the defender instead of the defender reacting to you.

Folks are over-reacting to the 10 carry game.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

He's not wrong about JB taking more snaps under center. In fact, I mentioned the same thing about a month ago. Getting Burrow back under center would help this offense at the moment. He already gets rid of the ball quickly, but this would help the run game without hindering the passing game. Still use shotgun when needed, but not nearly as often. I don't necessarily agree with the 60/40 thing, but I do agree about moving under center more often.

I was listening to some NFL heads talk about it on NFL Network awhile back.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 08:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There are things to consider:

Why would we take the ball out of Burrow's hands and give it to one of the worst starting RBs in the NFL?

Mixon has the 3rd most targets of any RB and his YPC sux

Laps said constantly pass blocking as an olineman sux. You've got to react to the defender instead of the defender reacting to you.

Folks are over-reacting to the 10 carry game 
Bfine32 I don't think we're overreacting,more so than we just wanna see more diversity from the offense as a whole..everything we do is shotgun 11 personel we have to be able to adapt..
Cleveland was ranked 25th in run defense and there dts ranked among the worst in the league and yet we didn't attack one time from under center in a run heavy formation..
Reply/Quote
It's quality of runs that are the problem, not quantity.

We don't need to be a run first team. We just need to show that we are capable of doing it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
In a hypothetical world where they had a Marshawn Lynch or Derrick Henry type of RB in their prime instead of one of the big 3 at WR, maybe this would be somewhat coherent.  They don't have the horses to run the ball all game.  It's just not going to happen.  Hopefully part of the problem is injury, because 2022 Joe Mixon does not look like he can achieve NFL average results - let alone carry a team.
Reply/Quote