Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This team needs to tank
Before everyone keeps swooning over Mayfield keep in mind that he got to play our historically bad defense twice which inflated his stat line a good deal. When not playing us he had 20 TDs, 14 INT and 7 fumbles with 3 lost in 12 games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 09:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Before everyone keeps swooning over Mayfield keep in mind that he got to play our historically bad defense twice which inflated his stat line a good deal. When not playing us he had 20 TDs, 14 INT and 7 fumbles with 3 lost in 12 games.

So all the games Dalton has got to pad his stats against awful Browns teams don’t count? Got it.

Mayfield broke the rookie TD record in only 13 starts. That’s impressive no matter how you slice it. We’d be planning our trips to Canton already if a Bengals QB did that.

Reply/Quote
Lol, not going to read this entire thread to make my determination of weather they should "tank" an entire season.

Just on the premise of the title of the thread, I'm going to say that we have too many quality players that deserve a chance to see how far that they can go, under a new coaching regime. Even after all that's been said and done, we have a core group of players that can compete with any team in the league. I'm thinking that a new outlook on the coaching front, we're all going to see better performance out of the guys that we thought were duds.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 09:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So all the games Dalton has got to pad his stats against awful Browns teams don’t count? Got it.

Mayfield broke the rookie TD record in only 13 starts. That’s impressive no matter how you slice it. We’d be planning our trips to Canton already if a Bengals QB did that.
Are you allergic to a little perspective?  Please climb off Mayfield's nuts.  It's kinda sickening.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 10:19 PM)McC Wrote: Are you allergic to a little perspective?  Please climb off Mayfield's nuts.  It's kinda sickening.

Just trying to be objective. I know that’s hard for a lot of our fans.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 09:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol, not going to read this entire thread to make my determination of weather they should "tank" an entire season.  

Just on the premise of the title of the thread, I'm going to say that we have too many quality players that deserve a chance to see how far that they can go, under a new coaching regime.  Even after all that's been said and done, we have a core group of players that can compete with any team in the league.  I'm thinking that a new outlook on the coaching front, we're all going to see better performance out of the guys that we thought were duds.

I just wasted about 15 minutes of my life reading the whole thread.  Tanking is a dumb idea.  No guarantee it would even work.  And we still have guys with talent even though they're 30 ish.  I guess I'm one of the few that says let's give the new regime a chance before we just shut it down.  

Are some of you guys advocating this idea ready to actually "celebrate" losses?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 06:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just trying to be objective. I know that’s hard for a lot of our fans.

He told an objective truth but you couldn't accept it.  Selective objective.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 08:13 AM)McC Wrote: He told an objective truth but you couldn't accept it.  Selective objective.

His “objective truth” was that we should discount Mayfield’s achievement because he played a bad Bengals team twice. All I did was point out the hypocrisy as Joelist is one of the biggest Dalton homers on this board, and I doubt he would make such a point about Dalton after playing bad teams like the 0 or 1 win Browns.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 08:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: His “objective truth” was that we should discount Mayfield’s achievement because he played a bad Bengals team twice. All I did was point out the hypocrisy as Joelist is one of the biggest Dalton homers on this board, and I doubt he would make such a point about Dalton after playing bad teams like the 0 or 1 win Browns.

Many people made that point about Dalton.  Many.  And in case you've forgotten, this is Jungle Noise and Dalton is OUR QB, unlike your boy Mayfield.  I'm sure you can find a lot of places where drooling over that shithead is more widely accepted.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 09:05 AM)McC Wrote: Many people made that point about Dalton.  Many.  And in case you've forgotten, this is Jungle Noise and Dalton is OUR QB, unlike your boy Mayfield.  I'm sure you can find a lot of places where drooling over that shithead is more widely accepted.

It’s not about “drooling” over him. It’s about being objective. Just like I’m not going to praise Dalton solely because he’s OUR QB.

I hate Big Ben, but I’m not going to downplay his achievements either. Also wouldn’t do it with Ray Lewis, or any other good players from one of our rivals.

It’s really weird to me that you get so worked up over the kid. We’ve played a total of 2 games against him. How can you even have so much bad blood already? Over the shit with Hue? I hope not. Hue is a POS, and deserved to get showed up like that.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 09:05 AM)McC Wrote: Many people made that point about Dalton.  Many.  And in case you've forgotten, this is Jungle Noise and Dalton is OUR QB, unlike your boy Mayfield.  I'm sure you can find a lot of places where drooling over that shithead is more widely accepted.

While the talk of Mayfield may not be proper on Jungle Noise being objective evidently angers our fans more than the Smack Talk other teams fans say. It would be nice if everything was peaches and cream and nobody ever brought up the short comings of our own team. This same kind of banter between fans happens on even the historically great teams. Its part of being a fan. Some see the glass half empty . Some see it as half full. It wouldn't be much fun to only see your side and no one else's. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 09:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not about “drooling” over him. It’s about being objective. Just like I’m not going to praise Dalton solely because he’s OUR QB.

I hate Big Ben, but I’m not going to downplay his achievements either. Also wouldn’t do it with Ray Lewis, or any other good players from one of our rivals.

It’s really weird to me that you get so worked up over the kid. We’ve played a total of 2 games against him. How can you even have so much bad blood already? Over the shit with Hue? I hope not. Hue is a POS, and deserved to get showed up like that.

I don't really call it being objective.  I see it as nothing more than button pushing.  And that is just blatantly obvious.  Here, let me poke at a sore spot and bogusly call it being objective, which is one of the most wrongly and overused phrases in the language.

What he did to Hue, who I would never defend, btw, he did to all of us, in our stadium, you, me, all of us.  Can't believe you don't get that.

As to Ben, Ray Lewis, etc., they did it over a long period of time.  They actually built up cred, even as much as I hate them both.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 09:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not about “drooling” over him. It’s about being objective. Just like I’m not going to praise Dalton solely because he’s OUR QB.

Wait... Why is Hue Jackson a piece of shit?

Are we talking Tyreek Hill piece of shit? Or just bad at a job piece of shit?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 09:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Before everyone keeps swooning over Mayfield keep in mind that he got to play our historically bad defense twice which inflated his stat line a good deal. When not playing us he had 20 TDs, 14 INT and 7 fumbles with 3 lost in 12 games.

This is a really good point.
Reply/Quote
Check all the sites and you will find the Browns are trending upward and the Bengals are predicted to finish last. The Bengals proved them all wrong in 2011 and I hope they do this year. To make fun of fans who agree with the experts might seem cool but in reality it makes you look foolish.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 02:27 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Check all the sites and you will find the Browns are trending upward and the Bengals are predicted to finish last. The Bengals proved them all wrong in 2011 and I hope they do this year. To make fun of fans who agree with the experts might seem cool but in reality it makes you look foolish.

Man the experts pegged the Bengals as a 6 win team in 2015.

**** the experts...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Bengals signed Eifert, so they are moving forward to not rebuild as of yet so the tank talk can die now.

Let's hope they have a great year.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 02:27 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Check all the sites and you will find the Browns are trending upward and the Bengals are predicted to finish last. The Bengals proved them all wrong in 2011 and I hope they do this year. To make fun of fans who agree with the experts might seem cool but in reality it makes you look foolish.

Not really sure who you're talking to, but imo, when the experts prove the ability to see the future, then you'll have a point.  Until then, it's really no more than guessing, paid or unpaid guessing and therefore, opinion and nothing more.  They look foolish A LOT.  Thing is, they never get called on it so there is no real account of their right or wrongness, because the microsecond world we live in has moved on.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 02:36 PM)jason Wrote: Man the experts pegged the Bengals as a 6 win team in 2015.

**** the experts...

And how many years in a row did the experts have Miami in the playoffs and were not even right once and how many years have the Cowboys been winning the SB and the list goes on.

Nobody ever bothers to go back and check accuracy because by the time tally day comes around, ten billion more opinions have blasted across the airwaves and the net and buried all previous expert opinions.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 03:10 PM)McC Wrote: And how many years in a row did the experts have Miami in the playoffs and were not even right once and how many years have the Cowboys been winning the SB and the list goes on.

Nobody ever bothers to go back and check accuracy because by the time tally day comes around, ten billion more opinions have blasted across the airwaves and the net and buried all previous expert opinions.

That is my big gripe with the expert talking heads, great at new predictions, but we never hear from them if prior predictions were wrong and in some cases very wrong. We are supposed to trust their opinions in spite of their actual results predicting.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote