Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy-KC
(12-02-2022, 04:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Gramps sliced bread post. Classic.  Hilarious

Just for informational entertainment sliced bread turns 100 in 4 years.. The automatic bread slicer was invented in 1927..100 year old sliced bread..  Sick You can bet on me making a sliced bread post in 2027..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 08:37 PM)jason Wrote: Everybody has a lil anonymous bravado on the internet... But yeah. We don't act like them over here. In real life, Packers and Colts fans are the most pleasant I've ever been around.

Seeing how detroit treated the visiting bills on thanksgiving, Id have to put lions fans up there as the best fans ive personally seen.  Ive been to other stadiums and it was far more toxic.  
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 07:53 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Seeing how detroit treated the visiting bills on thanksgiving, Id have to put lions fans up there as the best fans ive personally seen.  Ive been to other stadiums and it was far more toxic.  

I'm low-key becoming a Lions fan... You know? When they aren't playing the Bengals or anything. They remind me a lot of how we used to be. They just need to learn how to finish games. Their Locked On podcast host is entertaining as hell too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 07:53 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Seeing how detroit treated the visiting bills on thanksgiving, Id have to put lions fans up there as the best fans ive personally seen.  Ive been to other stadiums and it was far more toxic.  

Seeing that you mentioned the Bills, I'd like to add that we seem to get along with their fans much better.  I don't know what it is about KC.  
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 08:55 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Seeing that you mentioned the Bills, I'd like to add that we seem to get along with their fans much better.  I don't know what it is about KC.  

I went to a Bills game last year and loved the experience.  I love watching Allen and the Bills play my 2nd favorite squad. 

I do have a soft spot in my heart for teams like the Lions as well.... never forget your history!  
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, didn't know any of that WiregrassBenGal. Guess you are a touch torn in these games eh?

When we first moved there, the Chiefs were starting to go downhill because they were all so old. In fact, the Bengals beat them with a very young Ken Anderson that first year. I was happy for the Chiefs when they won it all against the 49ers, but I am a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Originally Posted by Detoxing [Image: viewpost.gif]
I just love the absolute culture shock rival fans get when coming to our forum.

They have no idea of the 22 year history that's been cultivated here. This place didn't become what we are over night. The jokes, the memes, the humor....they don't get it. And it's ****ing hilarious.

Every damn fan base says the same thing. We're infamous. All because they can't believe there's still a sports forum on the internet where sports fans can more or less just joke, have fun and **** around.

"OH MY GOSH....THEY'RE SO VULGUR".....you know what else, we're also ACTIVE. Unlike every other damn sports forum not named Reddit out there.

This.

Let's see.

The most users online on your board,, 4,753.
Most ever online on this board,, 4,382.

The difference? You have almost 14k members. We have less than 3k.

Look right now,, you have around 700 users online, we have 500 and some. So,, for the huge difference in membership, I'd say this board does pretty well in comparison.

Another big difference is that the membership here is obviously older, grown ass adults,, with jobs, spouses, lives and they can't sit around posting all day like the overwhelmingly unemployed and teen population of your board. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 12:30 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I expect people of Kansas to be bitter.
It's the flatest state in the Union. It's not a
Tourist destination. Unless you go to tractor swap meets
And silo sight seeing. Heck anybody watch
The Outlaw Josey Wales. Those Kansas inbreds
Got b slapped and Clint Eastwood had to rescue then.
Anybody see the Vacation movie. It's true.

Why would people of Kansas be bitter? The Chiefs play in MO. Are Kentucky residents bitter the Bengals still haven’t won a championship yet?
Patrick Mahomes career record is 59-15. What’s your quarterback doing for you??
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 10:42 PM)FRANCH15E Wrote: Why would people of Kansas be bitter? The Chiefs play in MO. Are Kentucky residents bitter the Bengals still haven’t won a championship yet?

I think anyone mocking one city compared to another is pretty immature and stupid, when not just done in jest. But anyone who actually thinks there's big differences between most cities (Outside of obvious ones like LA and New York) clearly haven't traveled outside of their hometown. 

Almost any city with professional team, especially multiple professional teams is a large city, pretty similar in size to most of the other cities with teams. There's very little difference between Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, etc. 

Every state has podunk towns with idiots. But obviously most people on your board talking shit have never actually been to Cincinnati just like most people here who are saying negatives about the actual city/people of KC have never been there. If you were to drop a random person in either they'd have no idea the difference. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 07:18 PM)Leon Wrote: its an unGodly place where sinful behavior is freely allowed. the folks that run that site are surely to scared or lazy or impotent to do anything about it. i have issues with some things here but at least the folks who run the site make an effort. 

I've seen homophobic slurs. Racial stuff..They attack each other. I mean we argue here but get over it. Nothing like that. That place is like the dark web of message boards. Totally disgusting...
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 08:55 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Seeing that you mentioned the Bills, I'd like to add that we seem to get along with their fans much better.  I don't know what it is about KC.  

They are just bred that way. Poor losers. Always blaming others for their short comings. I honestly think they are worst than Raven or steeler fans. I never thought I'd say that..
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 06:32 PM)Uncle Drinky Wrote: You're not missing anything dude. It's literally a board full of 12 year old's who think it makes them look tough to type nasty shit while they're looking over their shoulders to make sure their parents don't catch them.   Hilarious

My favorite idiot over there is the guy that has the mahomes avatar as the terminator.. lol what a douchebag... Everything is mahomes gonna slay this and crush that. No actual in depth knowledge of the game at all..
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 10:30 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Let's see.

The most users online on your board,, 4,753.
Most ever online on this board,, 4,382.

The difference? You have almost 14k members. We have less than 3k.

Look right now,, you have around 700 users online, we have 500 and some. So,, for the huge difference in membership, I'd say this board does pretty well in comparison.

Another big difference is that the membership here is obviously older, grown ass adults,, with jobs, spouses, lives and they can't sit around posting all day like the overwhelmingly unemployed and teen population of your board. 

This board started on Bengals.com and was moved here. All in all it's.been around for well over 20 years. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 10:53 PM)TheFan Wrote: I think anyone mocking one city compared to another is pretty immature and stupid, when not just done in jest. But anyone who actually thinks there's big differences between most cities (Outside of obvious ones like LA and New York) clearly haven't traveled outside of their hometown. 

Almost any city with professional team, especially multiple professional teams is a large city, pretty similar in size to most of the other cities with teams. There's very little difference between Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, etc. 

Every state has podunk towns with idiots. But obviously most people on your board talking shit have never actually been to Cincinnati just like most people here who are saying negatives about the actual city/people of KC have never been there. If you were to drop a random person in either they'd have no idea the difference. 

Yeah, great post. Unless you're visiting a mega-city, they mostly feel the same. I have been to Cincinnati, live in Tulsa, and work for a company based out of KC. There's nothing major that is different between them. I really did like Cincinnati, though. Really cool downtown area. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 02:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They have 15 posts per page. We have 25 posts per page. They still have more but they have a lot of posts by the same handful of people. 

Very active though, for sure. 

My settings are 50 per page. A lot more scrolling and a lot less clicking and loading of pages.

Edit: This is post 175 and it's page 4 for me.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 10:42 PM)FRANCH15E Wrote: Why would people of Kansas be bitter? The Chiefs play in MO. Are Kentucky residents bitter the Bengals still haven’t won a championship yet?

Point blank answer. Yes.

Correction, not bitter, anticipatory for the first one this year.
Reply/Quote
I love how Tiddy Meat hasn’t shown his face around these parts. Lol
Reply/Quote

Not a Kentucky resident fan. Not bitter either. For the first time in a long time we have a truly competitive product on the field.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 07:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Wrong

The chiefs haven’t won in cincy since 1984

Remember once they rolled in here as the only undefeated team in the NFL and got smacked down by the Bengals. It was a fun game to attend. 

Will say that I will take KC BBQ over Skyline all day, but still will not stand quietly for them insulting our Skyline chili. 

Somebody hold my beer.  Rant 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 06:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: "The Chiefs bring to your team," means that the Chefs bring US a beating; those are the operative words that need to be changed, otherwise you're just spinning his original meaning and that was aimed at us, not at them.

They are bringing a beating to you & they won’t leave any doubt.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote