Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Threads from the Enemy, divisional playoffs: Titans
https://www.titansreport.com/topic/44083-bengals-titans-matchup/

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/44086-check-this-out-cincinnati-bengals/

What a pleasure it is to be able to make a thread with "divisional playoffs" in it. I'll say: I expected the Bengals to be good this year and to contend for a playoff berth, but I can't pretend I expected quite this. But here we are, and the Titans are looming with the Steelers minutes away from losing in Kansas City. The early read from Titans fans is mixed: some are brimming with one seed confidence, some are terrified of the Bengals' receivers and Joe Burrow, and some think the Bengals have played a patsy schedule.

These teams don't know each other terribly well, and the fans know each other even less. This should be interesting.
Reply/Quote
This is the second community i've seen that insists our schedule is light.

Dude, you play the Texans and Jaguars twice a year. That's a quarter of your ***** schedule of EZ claps.

We played 5 playoff teams in the AFC, Green Bay, and the AFC North is tougher than the AFC South. How is out schedule light?
Reply/Quote
Why are we playing Saturday?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:14 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Why are we playing Saturday?

Bengals @ Titans doesn't have nearly the same national draw that Bills @ Chiefs or any NFC matchup will have.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:19 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Bengals @ Titans doesn't have nearly the same national draw that Bills @ Chiefs or any NFC matchup will have.

Yep. Everyone thinks the Bengals are a cute story but they're not going very far. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
My Wildcats stomped Tennessee yesterday.... lets make it twice!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:14 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Why are we playing Saturday?

Doesn't matter... We're still playing. It's not a short week, and will be business as usual. I think the Bengals and Titans are a pretty even match. We have the better QB. I like our chances against the Titans.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. Everyone thinks the Bengals are a cute story but they're not going very far. 

If our Dline stays decimated like it currently is I think we'll be in trouble. Before the playoffs started I felt comfortable with us going against the Titans but now it might be rough (not that it necessarily wouldn't have been before)
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:25 AM)QueenCity Wrote: My Wildcats stomped Tennessee yesterday.... lets make it twice!

Yessir. It was a great day. Cats stomped all over the Vols, Bengals won a playoff game and i went to see Scream with my son last night. Trifecta!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Not all are Titans homers.

https://gotitans.com/threads/2021-nfl-playoffs.103342/page-32#post-1992579
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Absolutely remarkable how many people nationwide still think this dude's name is "Burrows".
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Bengals:

Minnesota Vikings (8-9) W 27-24 (OT)
@Chicago Bears (6-11) L 17-20
@Pittsburgh Steelers (9-7-1) W 24-10
Jacksonville Jaguars (3-14) W 24-21
Green Bay Packers (13-4) L 22-25 (OT)
@Detroit Lions (3-13-1) W 34-11
@Baltimore Ravens (8-9) W 41-17
@New York Jets (4-13) L 31-34
Cleveland Browns (8-9) L 16-41
@Las Vegas Raiders (10-7) W 32-13
Pittsburgh Steelers (9-7-1) W 41-10
Los Angeles Chargers (9-8) L 22-41
San Francisco 49ers (10-7) L 23-26 (OT)
@Denver Broncos (7-10) W 15-10
Baltimore Ravens (8-9) W 41-21
Kansas City Chiefs (12-5) W 34-31
@Cleveland Browns (8-9) L 16-21

Combined opponents record 110-126-2 (played 5 playoff teams 6 times) and 7 teams with winning records.

Tennessee Titans:

Arizona Cardinals (11-6) L 13-38
@Seattle Seahawks (7-10) W 33-30 (OT)
Indianapolis Colts (9-8) W 25-16
@New York Jets (4-13) L 24-27 (OT)
@Jacksonville Jaguars (3-14) W 37-19
Buffalo Bills (11-6) W 34-31
Kansas City Chiefs (12-5) W 27-3
@Indianapolis Colts (9-8) W 34-31 (OT)
@Los Angeles Rams (12-5) W 28-16
New Orleans Saints (9-8) W 23-21
Houston Texans (4-13) L 13-22
@New England Patriots (10-7) L 13-36
Jacksonville Jaguars (3-14) W 20-0
@ Pittsburgh Steelers (9-7-1) L 13-19
San Francisco 49ers (10-7) W 20-17
Miami Dolphins (9-8) W 34-3
@Houston Texans (4-13) W 28-25

Combined opponents record: 120-117-1
Played 7 playoff teams. And 11 teams with winning records.

I can’t really compare our schedule to the entire league without looking at everyone this way but they definitely played a stronger schedule IMO and came out as the 1st seed even with all the injuries to their offense. I thought I had read someone else say we had like the 6th toughest schedule at some point late in the season. Not sure where it finished out at.
Reply/Quote
I think all the talk of schedules is kind of junk, to be honest. Both teams beat very good opposition (e.g., Chiefs for us; Rams, Chiefs, and Bills for them) and lost to very bad opposition (e.g., Jets and Bears for us; Jets and Texans for them). They beat more great teams than the Bengals did for whatever that is worth. The Bengals lost a coin flip game in OT to the Packers. Whatever. I think that stuff tends to be self-serving analysis and Raiders fans were doing it too.
Reply/Quote
It's weird that they are pushing the idea that both of our DTs are out. We have 2 DTs likely out, maybe. One is a starter, the other is a guy that was elevated from the practice squad for the Raiders game. On top of that, we have a backup in Hill that's quite capable. the lack of depth will not be a great thing, but Reader and Hill are far from a bad set of DTs. Hell, they beat Tennessee and Henry last year without Reader, and Henry wasn't coming in off of an injury.

My main hope is that Hendrickson can get cleared. I think they'll be okay if he can manage to get himself into the game.
Reply/Quote
I think the defensive line situation is a genuine concern and don't blame them for licking their chops a bit. Even the healthy defensive linemen had to play a crap load of snaps against Las Vegas just to get through the game (primarily Hubbard and Hill), and there's no telling how well they're going to be able to rest up for the next battle. The pass rush sans-Hendrickson might be pretty anemic, so his concussion is the single most important detail to sort over the next few days. Khalid Kareem and Cam Sample are going to be so important regardless.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:52 AM)samhain Wrote: It's weird that they are pushing the idea that both of our DTs are out.  We have 2 DTs likely out, maybe.  One is a starter, the other is a guy that was elevated from the practice squad for the Raiders game.  On top of that, we have a backup in Hill that's quite capable.  the lack of depth will not be a great thing, but Reader and Hill are far from a bad set of DTs.  Hell, they beat Tennessee and Henry last year without Reader, and Henry wasn't coming in off of an injury.

My main hope is that Hendrickson can get cleared.  I think they'll be okay if he can manage to get himself into the game.

This. Actually you could argue that BJ Hill is better than Ogunjobi. PFF says BJ Hill is way better lol

As you say Sam, it comes down to if Trey Hendrickson can play and who our depth is behind Reader and Hill.

We stop the run, or at least slow it down we can beat these guys, they are a tough team though.

We got a lot of weapons and Burrow just finds the open guy no matter who it is.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:25 AM)QueenCity Wrote: My Wildcats stomped Tennessee yesterday.... lets make it twice!

Not only stomped them but abused them. The Vols will have PTSD after that molestation. 

I'm up for another abuse of Tennessee this coming Saturday!!!
Reply/Quote
This is a tough match up with everyone healthy. I just don't see how a decimated dline can hold up against that rushing attack for 4 quarters. I hope I'm wrong. Better yet, I hope we get amazing injury news throughout the week and we're full strength come Saturday.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:05 AM)wcu Wrote: This is a tough match up with everyone healthy. I just don't see how a decimated dline can hold up against that rushing attack for 4 quarters. I hope I'm wrong. Better yet, I hope we get amazing injury news throughout the week and we're full strength come Saturday.

They are decimated themselves. Henry, Brown, Julio are all coming off injury.

Henry might not even get 10 snaps from what I hear.

With Reader, Hill, Shelvin and hopefully an addition in case one of Ogunjobi, Tupou or Daniels can't go we aren't that bad off.

Lets just hope as you say but I like our chances as long as we can have some depth at DT. 
Reply/Quote

That’s was an ass whippin of biblical proportions 
Reply/Quote