Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three Bengals poised for breakout seasons
(06-21-2024, 12:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think the offense will be better if Brown can be the lead back. Mainly because his big play ability will force opposing DL to focus on their run fits more instead of just teeing off on their pass rush because they know the RB won't get more than 10 yards if they get to the second level, anyways.

The big problems are can he handle his pass pro assignments and prove the fumbling issues from college are behind him?  We aren't going to find out either in early OTA's.

I can see Brown being ready to shoulder the load, as his body should be feeling fresh and rejuvenated after playing sparingly last season. Honestly, his body likely needed the recovery time, as he was coming off of a 355 touch season at Illinois in 2022. In the event that he is not ready for 20 carries/game at the NFL level, Zack Moss showed that he can definitely share the work load. Moss had just under 1,000 yards on 210 touches last season. (the most volume of his NFL career)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2024, 12:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think the offense will be better if Brown can be the lead back. Mainly because his big play ability will force opposing DL to focus on their run fits more instead of just teeing off on their pass rush because they know the RB won't get more than 10 yards if they get to the second level, anyways.

The big problems are can he handle his pass pro assignments and prove the fumbling issues from college are behind him?  We aren't going to find out either in early OTA's.

I hope the coaches make their decision sooner rather than later who is opening games as the lead back. I have heard high praise of Chase
Brown but it will be telling if him or Zack start out the season as the lead back. I agree with you that Chase Brown is the more exciting RB 
with his big play ability. I heard he got in the weight room and got a lot stronger so hopefully he can break a lot more tackles this season.

That was probably my main critique of Chase Brown last year, he went down too easily and Mixon always had poor balance and couldn't
break tackles. Zack Moss actually has good balance and is hard to tackle, this could be a very underrated addition for all we know.
Reply/Quote
I enjoyed this article on the Bengals site: https://www.bengals.com/news/ten-quotes-to-take-from-a-bengals-spring-into-training-camp

It discussed some of the players mentioned in this thread.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2024, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I hope the coaches make their decision sooner rather than later who is opening games as the lead back. I have heard high praise of Chase
Brown but it will be telling if him or Zack start out the season as the lead back. I agree with you that Chase Brown is the more exciting RB 
with his big play ability. I heard he got in the weight room and got a lot stronger so hopefully he can break a lot more tackles this season.

That was probably my main critique of Chase Brown last year, he went down too easily and Mixon always had poor balance and couldn't
break tackles. Zack Moss actually has good balance and is hard to tackle, this could be a very underrated addition for all we know.

I watched a recent Joe Goodberry episode of Bengals on the Brain where he broke down all of Chase Brown's carries and showed how he was noticeably stronger and was picking up tough yardage toward the end of the year.  

I believe it will be massive if he wins RB1 out of camp
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2024, 02:34 PM)BengalBob Wrote: I watched a recent Joe Goodberry episode of Bengals on the Brain where he broke down all of Chase Brown's carries and showed how he was noticeably stronger and was picking up tough yardage toward the end of the year.  

I believe it will be massive if he wins RB1 out of camp

Yeah and as I mentioned the coaches say that Brown gained a lot of muscle in the Offseason as well.

Hard to judge a RB on just 44 carries but man we saw what is possible on a few screens. Dude can vanish like that! Shocked
Reply/Quote
Poised meaning things are in place or poised meaning who i THINK will breakout?

I think the guys POISED for a breakout are Charlie Jones/Jermaine Burton, basically whoever wins the starting slot job. I thought Boyd lack of speed took a lot of yards away from the offense

Now to Boyd credit he was AMAZING at taking contact and still going and his hands were amazing so they are big shoes to fill

With Vonn Bell back i would’ve said whoever the starting Fs is is in for a breakout because theoretically there would be more stability back there so whoever the Fs is should be able to make more plays.

Myles Murphy is an obvious pick too. With how little he actually played last season i thought he had a good number of sacks so him playing in a defined backup rusher role maybe even beating Ossai out AND nature taking its course and Hubbard playing less snaps due to age are why Myles is my FIRST pick to have a breakout

I don’t wanna scare anyone but i feel like our team needs probably 2 of these young guys to be stars and one more offensive player. We have the least amount of defensive star power of any team that made the final 4. CTB, Turner or Myles or Jenkins kinda need to be plus players cause atp that’s like 4 defensive picks from the 1st or 2nd round
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Give me Chase Brown on offense. Gisecki, Mims, and Zach Moss honorable mention.

Give me someone up front on defense.
Could be our first round pick last year, could be Ossai, or a rookie DT.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 10:22 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Give me Chase Brown on offense. Gisecki, Mims, and Zach Moss honorable mention.

Give me someone up front on defense.
Could be our first round pick last year, could be Ossai, or a rookie DT.

Chase Brown is certainly the guy that seems the most likely to breakout on Offense. Dude is crazy fast and only got 44 carries last year.

Myles Murphy is the guy to breakout on Defense. I always was a big Ossai guy since we drafted him but he just cannot stay healthy and 
the AFC Championship screw up got in his head.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 05:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Chase Brown is certainly the guy that seems the most likely to breakout on Offense. Dude is crazy fast and only got 44 carries last year.

Myles Murphy is the guy to breakout on Defense. I always was a big Ossai guy since we drafted him but he just cannot stay healthy and 
the AFC Championship screw up got in his head.

I like Murphy too. Think he has the best chance of the defensive players to breakout.

We could also see a young corner/db breakout. 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 06:22 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I like Murphy too. Think he has the best chance of the defensive players to breakout.

We could also see a young corner/db breakout. 

Daxton Hill has been getting some major praise playing outside Corner.
Reply/Quote