Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Time for Nugent to go
(10-29-2016, 09:25 AM)tlotharw Wrote: There will probably be 5,000 people in the stands Sunday who could walk out on the pitch and do what Nugent does.

You're freakin' dreaming. There will probably be 5,000 under scratch golfers in the stands as well, but there's a reason they aren't on the tour.....
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Fire M. Nugent.

Have you come up with a name yet of someone better and available, or are you proposing just finishing out the year without a kicker?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: Both kickers were bad but Nugent missing a routine XP changed the game.

That's just it, extra points are not routine anymore by design. They were moved back to encourage more 2 point conversion attempts. Since the rule change and prior to this miss, Nuge was perfect on XP's save for one that was blocked.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's just it, extra points are not routine anymore by design. They were moved back to encourage more 2 point conversion attempts. Since the rule change and prior to this miss, Nuge was perfect on XP's save for one that was blocked.

I still think moving the kick back was ridiculous.  Why do we want people who barely play to have an even bigger impact on the game?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:42 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I still think moving the kick back was ridiculous.  Why do we want people who barely play to have an even bigger impact on the game?  

In an attempt to encourage 2 point conversions...... (not saying I like it, but that's the reasoning)
Reply/Quote
I hate to say this because it will send shivers down most fans backs but I'd contemplate bringing back shank graham. He has a much higher career fg% than nugent.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 05:29 PM)JumboTron Wrote: [Image: kathy-ireland-necessary-roughness3.jpg]

.....and SO MUCH easier on the eyes.....

How about Ochocinco? Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 04:47 AM)grampahol Wrote: I still never see the conversation about the guy taking the snap, Huber. I'm pretty sure Nugent doesn't hold the ball and kick it at the same time.  Point being is if Huber doesn't get the ball in the right position no kicker is going to be accurate.  I'm not blaming Huber, but to blame just the kicker is completely ignoring the other 2/3rds of the process, snapper, holder and kicker. There's 3 guys involved and only one gets ALL of the blame . That's like blaming Andy for every single dropped pass.
Sure , you can make the claim that just anyone can do all 3 parts and if this is true why aren't all of those making such claims playing in the NFL right now ?  Oh,I forgot that Burger King pays more than the NFL ..

Some people do. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 06:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yes, he's that bad. He just missed 2 FGs in the same game.

He's 40% from 50 yarders.

2013, rest of the league is 66%.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303482504579177862083737556

If you find a more accurate stat let me know, and also let me know why 40% is acceptable. You know this dude is gonna miss in the playoffs.

[Image: playoffs-o.gif]

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
Well...

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 02:46 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Well...

I will be damned......

Reply/Quote
You know how people say a kicker shanked it or nudged it to a side?

I vote we adopt any missed kick as saying they "Nuged it to the *insert direction they missed in*".

Example: "Oh man, he Nuged that just a bit to the right."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote