Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Time to disown Carson Palmer
(02-03-2020, 12:48 AM)cj1895 Wrote: So what? I am all for public shaming of the Brown family. The louder, more public, and nasty the better. Hell I wish Boomer would deride them every Sunday morning. They should all be ashamed of themselves. It doesn’t matter what happened with Carson he’s just saying what we all know to be true.

And you get exactly what from being a jerk 100% of the time? Enjoy the celebration I guess.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-03-2020, 01:02 AM)grampahol Wrote: And you get exactly what from being a jerk 100% of the time? Enjoy the celebration I guess.

I get the satisfaction of being right.
(02-02-2020, 11:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't have the hatred for Palmer that some do, and I think he does make some valid points about the organization...but at the same time, he also seems to have selective memory.

In 2009, Palmer wanted Coles signed after he was released by the Jets, and recruited him over the phone:

"Anytime a quarterback of his caliber takes time out to give you a call and lets you know how important he feels it would be to come to a team he plays for, I felt that was something great. I felt it was something I needed to take a close look at."

The Bengals ended up signing him, just as Palmer wanted.

After the 2009 season, with Coles not working out, Palmer told them he wanted more weapons. They went out and signed Bryant to a 4 year deal and also added Owens, who Palmer lobbied for personally. After the signings, Carson said:

"I don't know why we can't win the Super Bowl. There's absolutely no reason we can't win every game on our schedule."

Of course, these moves didn't end up working out as planned, but at the time, Carson was singing a different tune.

Still remember Coles face on Hard Knocks when ML went off. Wuss.

(02-03-2020, 01:04 AM)cj1895 Wrote: I get the satisfaction of being right.

Wow.. You and a million other bengals fans get to say Mike Brown sucks.. You get a participation trophy.. Smirk
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(02-02-2020, 10:29 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: He may hate the organization and Mike Brown, but he divorced all of us. Now he’s trying to discourage our next best hope in Joe Burrow. On the other hand Boomer is trying to get us together with Joe.
Carson was not a perfect QB and he was at least partly responsible for the record during his tenure. I believe he’s afraid Joe will be successful where he wasn’t.

Love Boomer and Carson’s name should never be spoken again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You haven't already lol, been disowned pic 6 Palmer when he quit on us. We were better off without him and his poor play cost us the playoff game against the Jets. 
(02-03-2020, 12:15 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I have never hated Carson for what he said or did and I definitely understood it. I’ve spent plenty of time defending him and it worked out best for both parties, but his recent campaign of trying to poison our next first round pick 10 years after he left is frustrating and sad on his part.

First off, as fans of this team we have it bad enough. We don’t need our former players actively trying to keep/send us back to the 90’s by preventing the few good players we may be able to get from wanting to come here. Anybody with a brain already knows the bengals are bad and run poorly, they don’t need you running a bigger campaign blitz than any of the presidential candidates this year to remind them.

2nd off, he got what he wanted. He got out and moved on and it’s been 10 years man. Move on buddy. Let’s be honest, he had a team capable of winning a super bowl in 2005. He got hurt and it’s not his fault or Mike’s. He was never the same after that. He had some interception filled years there and they weren’t all the fault of the team or FO. He went on to AZ and managed to win one more playoff game then the Mike Brown managed bengals ever have. Take that moral victory and live your life. You can say all you want how great the Cardinals are but even with the “amazing” team and effort their FO made you managed to win a massive one playoff games.

No need to be worried that Burrow may be the one QB capable of doing what you couldn’t.

Not to sound like a certain devils advocate poster here, but what exactly did Carson say that implied he wanted to “poison” our next first round pick? I’m honestly curious, because I saw the recent quotes where he said he didn’t feel that ownership was serious about winning a super bowl (they weren’t/aren’t). As far as I can tell, he’s only answered questions honestly.

(02-03-2020, 12:29 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Oh and didn’t he sign a contract extension here? Pretty sure nobody put a gun to his head to do that. He could have escaped years earlier

He signed that extension on or around his 26th birthday (late December 2005). That was arguably the best time to be a fan of the franchise this millennium. They had just clinched the division, booked their ticket to the playoffs for the first time in 15 years, and seemed to be on pace to building a potential dynasty. Why the hell wouldn’t he have signed an extension? Mike and the Brown family seemed to have finally turned the corner towards becoming a competent front office. Carson couldn’t have seen the return to their incompetent ways any better than we could have back then
(02-03-2020, 01:20 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Not to sound like a certain devils advocate poster here, but what exactly did Carson say that implied he wanted to “poison” our next first round pick? I’m honestly curious, because I saw the recent quotes where he said he didn’t feel that ownership was serious about winning a super bowl (they weren’t/aren’t). As far as I can tell, he’s only answered questions honestly.  

He signed that extension on or around his 26th birthday (late December 2005). That was arguably the best time to be a fan of the franchise this millennium. They had just clinched the division, booked their  ticket to the playoffs for the first time in 15 years, and seemed to be on pace to building a potential dynasty. Why the hell wouldn’t he have signed an extension? Mike and the Brown family seemed to have finally turned the corner towards becoming a competent front office. Carson couldn’t have seen the return to their incompetent ways any better than we could have back then

You cannot demand that a team give your scrub little brother a spot on the roster, then turn around and slam said team for not being serious about winning a SB with any credibility whatsoever.   If winning a SB was Carson's top priority, he would not have asked them to do that, and if winning a SB wasn't his top priority, what right does he have to shade someone else for it not being their top priority?

That's not to mention all the guys like Coles, Bryant, and TO that he slammed his fist on the table for that didn't pan out, either.  You can't suggest to your employer a bunch of bad hires, then turn around and say they don't know how to manage personnel when none of them pan out.
(02-02-2020, 10:29 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: He may hate the organization and Mike Brown, but he divorced all of us. Now he’s trying to discourage our next best hope in Joe Burrow. On the other hand Boomer is trying to get us together with Joe.
Carson was not a perfect QB and he was at least partly responsible for the record during his tenure. I believe he’s afraid Joe will be successful where he wasn’t.

Love Boomer and Carson’s name should never be spoken again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a long time ago...spoiled brat.  People said Dalton had to be surrounded by talent to do anything, well, what do those people say about Palmer?  At least Dalton never took his ball and went home.  F*&^ this guy.  Stop giving him press and listening to anything he says.

If Carson Palmer puts on a seminar about quitting, fine...at least that is something he knows a lot about.  
(02-03-2020, 01:07 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Still remember Coles face on Hard Knocks when ML went off. Wuss.

That man was scarred for LIFE Hilarious
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Parson Calmer?
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
9 years of this....how long did it take Boomer to become lovable and pro Bengals after his MB burnout?
Palmer is still just suffering a severe case of butt hurt, because he took his "1st round talent" that couldn't win here, home, and expected the franchise to wallow in tears that he left. But then Andy Dalton came in with his "2nd round talent" and took the team to the playoffs 5 years in a row. Screw you Pick 6.
(02-02-2020, 11:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't hate Palmer, and never will.

The guy did what everyone in this town wishes they could do, flip Mike Brown the bird and call him out and have it matter.

We all sit here and hate on Mike Brown, but he doesn't care one bit. When his QB told him off, he had to actually care, who wouldn't love to look at their shitty boss and say I'll retire before I continue to work for your incompetence. That's what Palmer did, he quit on Mike Brown, he didn't quit on the fans.

Facts!!
(02-03-2020, 11:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Palmer is still just suffering a severe case of butt hurt, because he took his "1st round talent"  that couldn't win here, home, and expected the franchise to wallow in tears that he left. But then Andy Dalton came in with his "2nd round talent" and took the team to the playoffs 5 years in a row. Screw you Pick 6.

Meh Palmer got to stick it to the Bengals by actually making it to the NFC Championship game before melting down and the Bengals got to stick it to Palmer by having 5 straight playoff seasons followed by 4 straight losing ones.  Compared to other NFL franchises this is a pretty lame rivalry since neither side got to shove a lombari up the arse of the other.

Carson Palmer vs the Bengals is like two dungeons and dragons nerds having a slap fight over which one has the better elf sorcerer or something.  

Is Mike Brown trying his best to win?  Nope.  Is Carson Palmer good enough to make a franchise regret letting him walk?  No.  Nine years of this and apparently more to come.
(02-02-2020, 11:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't have the hatred for Palmer that some do, and I think he does make some valid points about the organization...but at the same time, he also seems to have selective memory.

In 2009, Palmer wanted Coles signed after he was released by the Jets, and recruited him over the phone:

"Anytime a quarterback of his caliber takes time out to give you a call and lets you know how important he feels it would be to come to a team he plays for, I felt that was something great. I felt it was something I needed to take a close look at."

The Bengals ended up signing him, just as Palmer wanted.

After the 2009 season, with Coles not working out, Palmer told them he wanted more weapons. They went out and signed Bryant to a 4 year deal and also added Owens, who Palmer lobbied for personally. After the signings, Carson said:

"I don't know why we can't win the Super Bowl. There's absolutely no reason we can't win every game on our schedule."

Of course, these moves didn't end up working out as planned, but at the time, Carson was singing a different tune.

It's true.  Palmer's identity is both sides of the coin.

He got some things he requested and they kept Jordan around, but he also was cuffed by Brown.

His play dropped off too whether due to injuries or something else.

I have some shred of respect for sticking it to Mikey, but also feel if he would've held on just a little while longer that he might have gotten more from Brown.

My true feelings on Carson is he is not someone I necessarily like but respect his desire to bail on The Family.

They have proven they aren't fully committed to being post season champs.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
If I were Hue Jackson I'd play the "I saved your wrinkled ass" card again for an OC/HC job.

Ol' Hue actually gave him enough in trade for Palmer, to wake Mikey's ass up and take action.

Carson should be thanking Hue along with baby Jesus.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
In all fairness we can all agree that Mike Brown sucks but when Palmer says it half of us feel the need to start going on about how much Carson Palmer sucks. Corey Dillon should be in the HoF and has a SB ring and he said Mike Brown sucks so we should just listen to him.
(02-03-2020, 02:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness we can all agree that Mike Brown sucks but when Palmer says it half of us feel the need to start going on about how much Carson Palmer sucks. Corey Dillon should be in the HoF and has a SB ring and he said Mike Brown sucks so we should just listen to him.

Corey Dillon isn’t actively trying to sabotage our #1 pick. Everyone that has had a problem with Mike Brown seems to have moved on, except Carson.

(02-03-2020, 03:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Corey Dillon isn’t actively trying to sabotage our #1 pick. Everyone that has had a problem with Mike Brown seems to have moved on, except Carson.

I think Palmer is just an easy source of soundbytes about MB.  The idea that a guy who played for other teams and signed other contracts and is in another franchises ring of honor and gets praised by Larry Fitzgerald is obsessed with our 5 straight one and done seasons without him is a bit much.

The media is going to doubt MBs ability to implement Burrow regardless of what Carson says.  Everyone has moved on but he's the latest sour player.  The media is already grooming AJ to be the next Bengal hater, anyways. 

It is possible though that Carson's extra butthurt has to do with him at one point having more confidence in MB where Boomer and Corey knew from the start that they wanted away from him.
[Image: 3o20j6.jpg]