Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Time to disown Carson Palmer
(02-03-2020, 03:41 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: 3o20j6.jpg]

Not the Eagles'?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Carson needs to move on but the fact of the matter is he is right about Mike Brown.

Would Chiefs have won Super Bowl without trading for Frank Clark and signing Mathieu?

Why would you draft a potential generational level talent like Burrow and not make the extra moves needed to put him in the best possible position.

They have the cap space to sign a premium o lineman and LB.

Who else but Mike wouldn't do that now???
(02-03-2020, 03:59 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Carson needs to move on but the fact of the matter is he is right about Mike Brown.

Would Chiefs have won Super Bowl without trading for Frank Clark and signing Mathieu?

Why would you draft a potential generational level talent like Burrow and not make the extra moves needed to put him in the best possible position.

Another thing is this OP is very positive about Boomer welcoming Burrow, but 13 years after retiring he kicked off the Dalton era by predicting we would go 0-16.  Other than Munoz we seem to have a rotating cast of former players we are feuding with. 
Even though I think CP is almost 100% correct, it's the timing of this that bothers me. He's trying to stick it to the Bengals, with a total disregard to the fanbase. If he were speaking out against ownership to try and force change, that'd be noble. Instead, he's timing it to hurt our chances with Burrow and apparently act out some sort of revenge.

So instead of looking noble (ala plenty of former Bengals greats who have spoken on ownership), CP comes out looking petty and vengeful. For example, Boomer has spoken out against Mike before, but you still get a sense that he wants the Bengals to do well. On the other hand, CP seems to resent being a former Bengal and wants revenge.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(02-03-2020, 03:59 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Carson needs to move on but the fact of the matter is he is right about Mike Brown.

It’s not as easy as just opening up the check book to get a top UFA. They have to want to come here. Which obviously has been a problem forever. Hopefully Burrow can help attract some good players.

(02-03-2020, 04:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Another thing is this OP is very positive about Boomer welcoming Burrow, but 13 years after retiring he kicked off the Dalton era by predicting we would go 0-16.  Other than Munoz we seem to have a rotating cast of former players we are feuding with. 

Making a prediction while working in the media is quite different than actively trying to get in the head of a Bengals would-be franchise QB and alter the course of this team. What Boomer did was his job as an analyst. What CP is doing is sabotage.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(02-02-2020, 10:29 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: He may hate the organization and Mike Brown, but he divorced all of us. Now he’s trying to discourage our next best hope in Joe Burrow. On the other hand Boomer is trying to get us together with Joe.
Carson was not a perfect QB and he was at least partly responsible for the record during his tenure. I believe he’s afraid Joe will be successful where he wasn’t.

Love Boomer and Carson’s name should never be spoken again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh, Burrow is smarter then to listen to Carson as far as a career goes.

I see Burrow doing what Carson never could and that is win Playoff games and hopefully a Superbowl or two.
(02-03-2020, 04:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Another thing is this OP is very positive about Boomer welcoming Burrow, but 13 years after retiring he kicked off the Dalton era by predicting we would go 0-16.  Other than Munoz we seem to have a rotating cast of former players we are feuding with. 

The common thread is all those former players are well acquainted with Mike’s cheapskate ways. It’s the thing they all bring up.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
What did Carson say that was so terrible? Basically, the front office wasn’t fully committed to winning. Hell, that’s the truth. Ever heard the one about don’t shoot the messenger?
(02-03-2020, 04:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Making a prediction while working in the media is quite different than actively trying to get in the head of a Bengals would-be franchise QB and alter the course of this team. What Boomer did was his job as an analyst. What CP is doing is sabotage.

Ehh im not sure if saying 0-16 about a team you have a public beef with falls under typical analytics.  Boomer also defended Carson wanting out explaining that unless you tried to deal with MB you can't judge.  Defending Carson and saying the Bengals were going to go 0-16 in 2011 made him the guy we were trying to prove wrong in 2011.  He wasn't being a normal analyst in my view.

At any rate, hopefully Burrow doesn't listen to Carson or anyone else and hopefully he doesn't Google "Cincinnati Bengals" either. 
(02-03-2020, 03:59 PM)bengals67 Wrote: They have the cap space to sign a premium o lineman and LB.

Every other team in the NFL.

Seriously, what other team is signing free agents now?
(02-03-2020, 04:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Making a prediction while working in the media is quite different than actively trying to get in the head of a Bengals would-be franchise QB and alter the course of this team. What Boomer did was his job as an analyst. What CP is doing is sabotage.

So how many members of this board are also sabotaging our chances to get Burrow?

I can make a VERY LONG list of posts here that are MUCH WORSE than anything Palmer has said about Mike Brown.

What are we going to do to silence all of these members?
(02-03-2020, 04:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So how many members of this board are also sabotaging our chances to get Burrow?

I can make a VERY LONG list of posts here that are MUCH WORSE than anything Palmer has said about Mike Brown.

Trade us all to Oakland? I will admit it's funny that for each "shut up, Carson" thread there is there are countless ones about MB being awful and what it will take for us fans to quit on this franchise or calls for us to boycott and leave the stadium empty in a vain attempt to send a message.
(02-03-2020, 04:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Even though I think CP is almost 100% correct, it's the timing of this that bothers me. He's trying to stick it to the Bengals, with a total disregard to the fanbase. If he were speaking out against ownership to try and force change, that'd be noble. Instead, he's timing it to hurt our chances with Burrow and apparently act out some sort of revenge. 

What is the motive of the haters around here?
(02-03-2020, 04:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is the motive of the haters around here?

Burrow might read one of the posters on here confidently bragging he let cancelled his season tickets and not want to come here, you mean?
(02-03-2020, 04:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every other team in the NFL.

Seriously, what other team is signing free agents now?

I  meant when free agency opens by using the word "now."
(02-03-2020, 04:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not as easy as just opening up the check book to get a top UFA. They have to want to come here. Which obviously has been a problem forever. Hopefully Burrow can help attract some good players.

Good point but I recall when Green Bay was garbage and they over paid to get Reggie White.

The culture of lets just survive and cash our TV revenue as opposed to demanding excellence has to change if this team is going to remain in Cincinnati past the current lease and for the team ever have a chance of winning the Super Bowl.

Smallest scouting staff, no indoor facility, won't sign top tier free agents, players used to have to pay for Gatorade...

This is what gets you to losing to the Steelers consecutively for years and years and years.
I will never fault Palmer for what he did. He did what he thought was right at the time and left a shitload of money on the table doing it. Was/Is Palmer a spoiled brat for doing what he did? Possibly. No one here was on the inside like Carson was, we don't know the whole story. I imagine Palmer didn't make his decision in haste, it was most likely building up over time. I know when I heard the news or actually read the news scrolling at the bottom of the TV, I was like wow! someone is finally standing up to Mike Brown and to be truthful I liked it. I believe Palmer has been quoted as saying some people tried to talk him out of coming to Cincinnati in the first place but being young and naive he thought he could change the culture and perception of the organization and bring winning back to the Bengals. If Carson Palmer wants to relay to Joe Burrow what his time in Cincinnati was like, I have no problem with that. Joe should get a good idea of what it's like to play here and who he's playing for. Now with that being said, Burrow should get the input from a variety of past and present Bengals to get as much information as he can, heck he and his agent should get as much info on all 32 NFL teams that they possibly can. It's not a forgone conclusion that Burrow is going to be a Bengal, the draft is still months away.
(02-03-2020, 04:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh im not sure if saying 0-16 about a team you have a public beef with falls under typical analytics.  Boomer also defended Carson wanting out explaining that unless you tried to deal with MB you can't judge.  Defending Carson and saying the Bengals were going to go 0-16 in 2011 made him the guy we were trying to prove wrong in 2011.  He wasn't being a normal analyst in my view.

At any rate, hopefully Burrow doesn't listen to Carson or anyone else and hopefully he doesn't Google "Cincinnati Bengals" either. 

Many analysts thought we would be a terrible team. Boomer wasn't the only one saying 0-16 either. We were coming off a 4-12 season that included 10 straight losses and Dalton was viewed as a downgrade from Palmer. Even the staunchest homers weren't predicting any better than 6-10 that year (for the most part).

Google is one thing, hearing it directly - in detail - from a guy who was in your shoes and you possibly looked up to? That's a whole other story for some. Fwiw, I'm not debating that what Carson said was incorrect by any stretch. Just that former franchise greats have some sway, and hopefully Joe isn't influenced by his opinion.

(02-03-2020, 04:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So how many members of this board are also sabotaging our chances to get Burrow?

No member of this board has the sway of a former face of the franchise. Nice try though.
I noticed that Palmer never publicly made negative comments about the organization during Marvin's tenure. After the regime change he has made a number of comments. Many people at the time of his exit stated it must have been because Lewis was retained, but rather it seems he refused to say things that could endanger Marvin getting talent to come here. Now that the last links are gone he is more than willing to spill the beans.