SAMAJIE
TEE
JOE
SAM
BJ
LOGAN
OTHER
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titan's Game Game Ball
Other: DJ Reader. Getting him back is huge for the defense. He was batting balls, opening holes for the lbs, just owning them like he did in the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 06:25 PM)Whacked Wrote: Reader deserves a mention … as does the whole D line. To shut Henry down like that? That was SICK

For me - the game ball goes to the team … as that was truly a team effort to get that W.

Yeah it's Reader. Without him Henry has a big game or they make us pay for stacking the line. 
Reply/Quote
Joe made some big time throws and sound decisions all day. Perine grinded and gained important yardage even when the holes weren’t there. Receivers pitches in as well.
But the defense, game ball has to go that the defense. It’s hard work containing the specimen that is D Henry….and they didn’t just contain him. They shut him down. Outside of that screen pass( which CTB made an absolutely all time play on), he was stuffed.
Our d line was dominant, controlled the LOs and even dominated it. That all starts with Reader. I’d probably give the game ball to him but the ends were great as well and Oratt and Wilson played uphill all day. Loved the aggression from the corners as well. They actually match up well with Tenn, Hilton is one of the best tackling corners and CTB is super physical and a great tackler as well. Apple made some plays too.
Reply/Quote
I think you have to pick the front 7 on defense. I can't remember a time I saw Henry that bottled up by a defense.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:11 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think you have to pick the front 7 on defense. I can't remember a time I saw Henry that bottled up by a defense.

2 weeks ago against Denver
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The only teams to hold Henry under 50 rushing yards all season have been the Bengals and the Bills.

Reply/Quote
Tee was the one Mic’d up for this game btw.

Reply/Quote
I hope they keep proving me wrong! Hell of a win today!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 06:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Perine stiff armed a linebacker into the nether realm. That was beautiful

Tough, tough guy.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Reader gets the game ball for me. He was a one man wrecking ball in the middle which allowed our LBs to fill the gaps and not let Henry dominate the game. SHUT. HIM. DOWN.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Other.....DJ Reader.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 01:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tee was the one Mic’d up for this game btw.

Can't wait to hear this one....although I never thought of Tee as being overly talkative.  I would love to know some of what he was saying to the coaches in the pitt game (but can't give that away).  

Should be good stuff!
Reply/Quote
I can't recall a game ball thread where so many different players were deservedly nominated. Now Zac has corroborated our excellent judgement by awarding game balls to the entire team.

We're all winners!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 06:25 PM)Whacked Wrote: Reader deserves a mention … as does the whole D line. To shut Henry down like that? That was SICK

For me - the game ball goes to the team … as that was truly a team effort to get that W.

Good call, Zac gave all of the guys a game ball.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 06:30 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: DJ Reader; he batted down four passes and stuffed Derrick Henry like a Thanksgiving turkey.

This.....he was an absolute stud yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 06:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man I thought Tucker was going to nail that…whew.

It was right down the middle, just short. 

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 06:46 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Gave it to the o-line.  Joe was so much more protected.

Last year's o-line gave up 9 sacks and 13 QB hits.
This year they gave up 1 sack and 4 QB hits.

Good call. Helluva game by them. They get my honorable mention.

Reply/Quote
Where the **** is DJ Reader?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s getting better every week. Did give up the long bomb to the 1st round rookie, but my god can this kid tackle. I think we have something with him. He will improve in coverage with experience. He has all the talent and athleticism in the world.

Agree, and Dax Hill impacted a play later on with a hurry/hit on Tannehill as he threw.

Reply/Quote