Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Titans limiting ticket transfers
(01-20-2022, 11:14 AM)wcu Wrote: I think this is the great part. This was obviously a measured approach, meaning their upper management had a day in this. Their internal numbers must say they're in trouble. 

Gonna be a whole lotta orange bleeding through Nissan Stadium Saturday.
Tiger
Reply/Quote
No prime time, but we are THE hot ticket:

https://gotitans.com/threads/afc-divisional-round-bengals-titans.103361/page-17#post-1993318
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 01:09 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If this works, I hope the Bengals do it for the steelers game. Keeping the filthy yinzers out would be the best upgrade to PBS possible.

Watching Joe Burrow play and knowing that they are now in the QB wasteland will keep those once strong Steelers fan numbers quite low in the future. Steeler *ahem* Nation is about to go underground again just like they did in the 80s. They're not going to pay all of that money anymore just to go watch their team get stomped. Not just in Cincy, either. All across America, Steelers gear is being put in the closet or in boxes and it's not coming back out for awhile.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The idea might work if they were playing a West Coast team where people have to buy airline tickets, rent hotels, etc., and don't want to risk doing all that and finding out 20 hours before the game they don't have tickets. I would assume most people from the "Nati would just drive to Nashville, so the risk is not as great. Book a refundable hotel room and no worries.

Exactly this.  24 notice for a few hour drive isn't going to be a major impact.  I'd love to see a big Bengal presence there just because that's not historically been the case (seeing Bengals fan travel well). 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:14 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Watching Joe Burrow play and knowing that they are now in the QB wasteland will keep those once strong Steelers fan numbers quite low in the future. Steeler *ahem* Nation is about to go underground again just like they did in the 80s. They're not going to pay all of that money anymore just to go watch their team get stomped. Not just in Cincy, either. All across America, Steelers gear is being put in the closet or in boxes and it's not coming back out for awhile.

I've thought about this too.  It seems no matter where you go, there are throngs of Steelers fans.  When they hit this upcoming bump and realize how hard it is to find a franchise QB, its going to be hilarious.  Fingers crossed for decades of futility!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 11:19 AM)Interceptor Wrote: No prime time, but we are THE hot ticket:

https://gotitans.com/threads/afc-divisional-round-bengals-titans.103361/page-17#post-1993318

That was insightful. According to the poll of Titans' fans, 96% expect a Titan victory. 96%! (And 66% by more than a touchdown.)

I also like this quote: "I would like to see us throw some blitzes early at Burrow to make him uncomfortable and hopefully get him to start seeing ghosts when we fake pressure later."  Burrow see ghosts? Do they know who they are dealing with? 

And of course Florio says "[For the Bengals], it feels like they’ve reached the end of the road. The Titans, in contrast, are just getting started."
Reply/Quote
Just got my tickets! Who Dey Tiger

Not sure if I'm gonna make it over to Bengal Jim's tailgate prior to the game, but I'm gonna try.
I'll be wearing one of those early-2000's foam Bengal tiger heads.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 04:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Just got my tickets!  Who Dey  Tiger

Not sure if I'm gonna make it over to Bengal Jim's tailgate prior to the game, but I'm gonna try.

Wooohoooo!!!! Pick me up! Smirk
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 04:34 PM)Nepa Wrote: That was insightful. According to the poll of Titans' fans, 96% expect a Titan victory. 96%!  (And 66% by more than a touchdown.)

I also like this quote: "I would like to see us throw some blitzes early at Burrow to make him uncomfortable and hopefully get him to start seeing ghosts when we fake pressure later."  Burrow see ghosts? Do they know who they are dealing with? 

And of course Florio says "[For the Bengals], it feels like they’ve reached the end of the road. The Titans, in contrast, are just getting started."

I was talking about the average ticket prices. But anyway, I like it when we are the underdog. 

Like someone stated earlier -  the fans know their own team inside and out, but only know other teams through the media.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 04:56 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I was talking about the average ticket prices. But anyway, I like it when we are the underdog. 

Like someone stated earlier -  the fans know their own team inside and out, but only know other teams through the media.

I realized that you presented the link to show the ticket prices, since you mentioned this was the hot ticket. When I went to the site, however, I noticed all those other gems on the page. Thank you for sharing that link.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 05:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: I realized that you presented the link to show the ticket prices, since you mentioned this was the hot ticket. When I went to the site, however, I noticed all those other gems on the page. Thank you for sharing that link.

I'm glad you were entertained!  Smirk
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 04:34 PM)Nepa Wrote: That was insightful. According to the poll of Titans' fans, 96% expect a Titan victory. 96%!  (And 66% by more than a touchdown.)

I'd be worried if Florio said something good about the Bengals.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 11:19 AM)Takedown Wrote: Gonna be a whole lotta orange bleeding through Nissan Stadium Saturday.
Tiger

Nissan Stadium, eh?  Does it have some kind of Berman nickname like "The Big Sentra" or something? 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm making the journey

Hope to see some peeps at the tailgate.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 04:06 PM)wcu Wrote: I've thought about this too.  It seems no matter where you go, there are throngs of Steelers fans.  When they hit this upcoming bump and realize how hard it is to find a franchise QB, its going to be hilarious.  Fingers crossed for decades of futility!

It's easy to pay money and travel to see a team you know has a good chance of winning more often than note. They aren't going to be paying money to see Mason Rudolph, that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 04:34 PM)Nepa Wrote: That was insightful. According to the poll of Titans' fans, 96% expect a Titan victory. 96%! (And 66% by more than a touchdown.)

I hope they do blitz him, and apparently they don't know who they're ******' with.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 04:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Just got my tickets! Who Dey Tiger

Represent us Ocho!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 04:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Just got my tickets! Who Dey Tiger

That’s not possible. Titans said you can’t.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Joe Burrow see ghosts???  Joe Brrr is death on a pale horse. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 10:49 AM)basballguy Wrote: I just don’t see the logic behind thinking this would work.  How would this deter anyone?  If I bought directly from a season ticket holder odds are they are selling through a reputable method…so what if I have to wait a few more days to have the mobile ticket in my app?

Just curious. Is scalping such a thing outside games anymore with real tickets or is it all digital now?

Reply/Quote